Apple makes the most reliable laptop

79wjd

not sure what was the source of this article, but a similar study was published buy squaretrade, who sells laptop warranties, and according to them Apple came in fourth behind Asus, Toshiba, and Sony. So Fox is not to be trusted.

http://www.squaretrade.com/laptop-reliability-1109/

even so, I will still continue to buy a Mac because of the ecosystem.

I'm also sick of hearing about how people can buy a pc with an i5 for way cheaper than a Mac with an i5 and that somehow proves something. Processor and memory aren't the only important parts in a laptop. Aside from a i5 and 4gb ram, a Mac has:

- an aluminum unibody, which is far more rigid than the plastic counterparts, 

- M.2 drives that run @ 1gb/s as opposed to slow mechanical/hybrid solutions,

- Macs have been shipping with 450mbps wifi since the inception of N and 1300mbps AC since AC, 90% of pc laptops ship with N150 and those with AC are AC866. 

- Lithium-Polymer batteries that holds 1000 charge cycles as opposed to 300-400 from lithium ion

- Among the best color accuracy in laptops

Comparing a base model macbook and some other laptop with i5 and 4gb is like comparing a Rolls Royce Phantom and a Chrysler 300 SRT8, and end up saying they are basically the same because they both have similar power output.

people who blindly follow apple are just as dumb as those who blindly hate apple.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

There's no question about the build quality and simplicity, but for the price tags they come with the damn well better be. I bet if you took into consideration only expensive laptops you'd find similar reliability ratings.

Yeah I love buying stuff that breaks really quickly....

Reliability for some is THE most important factor in buying a laptop, especially if its for work purposes. Why do you think Thinkpads and stuff have been heavily used in business

Or that the army use Panasonic Toughbooks, Its not for their performance and good looks but reliability 

... or because a typical laptop would be destroyed in a military environment? I think that you're equating "reliability" with "durability", but they're not the same thing

Never thought I'd see Fox News posted here, masquerading as a reliable technology site. 

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

I've always been a windows user, but I have to admit, I really like mi mb pro retina! 

Fox news, if I click I'll get ebola. 

in clss now just laughed so hard

Lol, rude much? Even though apple products are a tad expensive, there are some people who care who are still on this forum. The "no one here cares" and "find an apple site and stay there" bit creates such a negative atmosphere for people that like ALL technology whether they are apple, microsoft, nintendo, etc. The last time i recall, this forum is a tech forum and apple is technology. I think PEOPLE WHO LIKE apple is right at home. 

it's like religion all over again guys I don't care if you like apple put argument on the table and good one as people said apple product work without any knowledge required and this is a good thing for people with less to no knowledge but for us techies it's almost an insult.

it's like religion all over again guys I don't care if you like apple put argument on the table and good one as people said apple product work without any knowledge required and this is a good thing for people with less to no knowledge but for us techies it's almost an insult.

1) punctuation....use it.

2) an insult.....lol okay

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I don't know how Apple can generate so much hate against them. I dont have any Apple products but I appericate their existance because Apple is the exact competition Window needs. Yes they are expensive but they operate similar to Beats, they sell a life style, a fashion statement while being a PC.

not sure what was the source of this article, but a similar study was published buy squaretrade, who sells laptop warranties, and according to them Apple came in fourth behind Asus, Toshiba, and Sony. So Fox is not to be trusted.

http://www.squaretrade.com/laptop-reliability-1109/

even so, I will still continue to buy a Mac because of the ecosystem.

I'm also sick of hearing about how people can buy a pc with an i5 for way cheaper than a Mac with an i5 and that somehow proves something. Processor and memory aren't the only important parts in a laptop. Aside from a i5 and 4gb ram, a Mac has:

- an aluminum unibody, which is far more rigid than the plastic counterparts, 

- M.2 drives that run @ 1gb/s as opposed to slow mechanical/hybrid solutions,

- Macs have been shipping with 450mbps wifi since the inception of N and 1300mbps AC since AC, 90% of pc laptops ship with N150 and those with AC are AC866. 

- Lithium-Polymer batteries that holds 1000 charge cycles as opposed to 300-400 from lithium ion

- Among the best color accuracy in laptops

Comparing a base model macbook and some other laptop with i5 and 4gb is like comparing a Rolls Royce Phantom and a Chrysler 300 SRT8, and end up saying they are basically the same because they both have similar power output.

people who blindly follow apple are just as dumb as those who blindly hate apple.

I didn't see that one, but it is from 2009, Square trade have done another since then but it seems the results are becoming further and further apart, eg. failure rates on top of the line products is dropping, while cheaper products are getting worse.  The latest one makes it hard for onlookers like us to determine if the average repair rate of 43% is indicative of cheapness or today's software environments, Hence it becomes difficult to map quality to survey results.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1367452388530.png

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this.

Give me the rice