IPhone 6 unlocked for foreign carrier use?

slimfit
Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

I live in the US but I want to send the phone to my brother in Vietnam to use it

Oh okay, yeah if you can then go to the Apple store yourself and get it, but the "T-Mobile" version ordered from the Apple store is unlocked. Make sure it's the Apple store though and not a T-Mobile store or reseller like Best Buy.

It will work perfectly in Vietnam, I've used many iPhones in Vietnam with both Mobifone and Viettel and had no problems picking up solid 3G

I want to buy an unlocked iPhone 6 that can use simcards in Vietnam. 
Will the contract free T-mobile version on apple store work?

It is unlocked, just check the band compatibility.

It is unlocked, just check the band compatibility.

And then I asked them, and this is what they said

"We appreciate you reaching out. Devices sold by T-Mobile are locked to our network. The requirements to submit a request for unlock can be found @ http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588. If you intend the device to be unlocked at purchase and not to be used on our network we recommend purchasing directly through Apple and choosing a non carrier iPhone. Thanks! *AP"

And then I asked them, and this is what they said

"We appreciate you reaching out. Devices sold by T-Mobile are locked to our network. The requirements to submit a request for unlock can be found @ http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588. If you intend the device to be unlocked at purchase and not to be used on our network we recommend purchasing directly through Apple and choosing a non carrier iPhone. Thanks! *AP"

The contract free t-mobile one from the apple store is actually unlocked

I want to buy an unlocked iPhone 6 that can use simcards in Vietnam. 

Will the contract free T-mobile version on apple store work?

The "contract free T-Mobile" version on the Apple store will work. Are you located in the US?

"Rawr XD"

The "contract free T-Mobile" version on the Apple store will work. Are you located in the US?

It's kinda stupid that they said "T-Mobile" instead of unlocked.

No, he's in Vietnam

The unlocked version of the iPhone 6 should work as long as your Vietnamese carrier is "GSM" (which is probably true).

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.

I live in the US but I want to send the phone to my brother in Vietnam to use it

Oh okay, yeah if you can then go to the Apple store yourself and get it, but the "T-Mobile" version ordered from the Apple store is unlocked. Make sure it's the Apple store though and not a T-Mobile store or reseller like Best Buy.

It will work perfectly in Vietnam, I've used many iPhones in Vietnam with both Mobifone and Viettel and had no problems picking up solid 3G

"Rawr XD"