Thinking About a Custom Water Cooling Build

To start things off, I am new to the forums but not new to building computers. I would like to finally jump into the world of custom water cooling for no other reason than just starting a new project. I don't necessarily need the temperature performance gains or the increased silence but I definitely wouldn't mind. This is really just a project I've wanted to do for a while.

Currently my specs are as follows:

i7-4770k

Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H

Two Asus GTX 660s(Will be upgraded to GTX 970s)

PC Power and Cooling 750 Watt PSU

Define R4 Case

I more or less know what I want as far water cooling components go but my biggest issue is regarding the radiators. How many do I really need? Currently I was planning on putting a HL Nemesis GT 240 on top and a HL Nemesis GT280 up front. Is that enough to cool the processor and two 970s? Would it be a better idea to put a HL Nemesis GTX280 up front? I have the room for a thicker radiator there but wondering if it's necessary. I can also add a 140 on the back if I really need to, but once again, is it really needed?

As as side note, I was thinking of using two pumps but do I really need them or is one enough?

Thanks in advance!

A 280 and a 240 will be enough to cool the 970's and the 4770k. And you really don't need 2 pumps unless you are using high resistance parts, and/or a dual loop. 

ps: Find Gentle Typhoon fans, they are the best ever. Or noiseblocker eloops.

To start things off, I am new to the forums but not new to building computers. I would like to finally jump into the world of custom water cooling for no other reason than just starting a new project. I don't necessarily need the temperature performance gains or the increased silence but I definitely wouldn't mind. This is really just a project I've wanted to do for a while.

Currently my specs are as follows:

i7-4770k

Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H

Two Asus GTX 660s(Will be upgraded to GTX 970s)

PC Power and Cooling 750 Watt PSU

Define R4 Case

I more or less know what I want as far water cooling components go but my biggest issue is regarding the radiators. How many do I really need? Currently I was planning on putting a HL Nemesis GT 240 on top and a HL Nemesis GT280 up front. Is that enough to cool the processor and two 970s? Would it be a better idea to put a HL Nemesis GTX280 up front? I have the room for a thicker radiator there but wondering if it's necessary. I can also add a 140 on the back if I really need to, but once again, is it really needed?

As as side note, I was thinking of using two pumps but do I really need them or is one enough?

Thanks in advance!

One good pump is enough for that loop (like a DDC or a D5). I'd go with a 360 rad + 240 rad if you can fit them but 240 + 280 will absolutely be enough.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

For the 280mm radiators I am still trying to decide between the Nemesis GTS and the GTX. The GTS is the slim a radiator and the GTX is about twice as thick. The price difference is about $50. Is the higher price worth it it or would I be okay with two slim radiators?

For the 280mm radiators I am still trying to decide between the Nemesis GTS and the GTX. The GTS is the slim a radiator and the GTX is about twice as thick. The price difference is about $50. Is the higher price worth it it or would I be okay with two slim radiators?

280 + 240 will be fine. Personally I'd want more rads (240 + 360/480) but I don't think this is an option in the R4 unless you do some heavy modding. 

The GTX's really need push/pull if you want the performance a thick high fpi rad like that offers without having to run your fans at >2200RPM. 

You could just as well go for a 280mm Alphacool XT45 or UT60 in the front which will give the same performance with just push or pull.

For the thin 240 in the top, one of the best rads you can get is the Swiftech MCR220-XP. The HL GTS240 would be good too though, if you prefer it's aesthetics over the Swiftech.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.