Kickstarter for Hoverboards

Liam-McShane

Well Back To The Future may not be wrong about hoverboards. A company called Hendo Hoverboards have invented a working hoverboard.

"So where does the HENDO hoverboard stand today? Well, about 1 inch off the ground. As you can see from the video above, the prototype is real and it works! But to see it hover in person, and better yet, to defy gravity by riding it, is something you need to experience as well.

With the support of the Kickstarter community, we all can. We need your help to put the finishing touches on the Hendo Hoverboard, to help us produce them, and to create places to ride them."

Check it out on their Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/142464853/hendo-hoverboards-worlds-first-real-hoverboard

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

The verge did a video on it it looks really cool, especially the little hover thing they can move with a remote control. 

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/21/7025197/i-rode-a-real-hoverboard

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

just if i had the money :(

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

10 grand for a hoverboard?

I'll take 10.

better than the motor skateboard linus did and that was epic!

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

the event is today

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

better than the motor skateboard linus did and that was epic!

I'm already hyped.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

I'm already hyped.

gaben can mail us one xD

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Uhhhh about that... it only works on metal surfaces -.-  Electromagnetic levitation - nothing new really.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Just 10k and you get the chance to have the right to go to the hoverpark that is going to be located somewhere you probably wont have the chance to go to very often.

Uhhhh about that... it only works on metal surfaces -.-  Electromagnetic levitation - nothing new really.

This... we use this already for Maglev trains in china.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

It's real... *childhood squee*  :blink:

So inlay sidewalks and roads with metal.  It's doable.  Were you hoping for some new science to be invented for the hoverboard?

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

It's cool, but not $10,000 cool. Even if it wasn't restricted to metal surfaces I don't know how often I would actually use it.

It's real... *childhood squee*  :blink:

So inlay sidewalks and roads with metal.  It's doable.  Were you hoping for some new science to be invented for the hoverboard?

Good luck with that mate. Cause you know... with metals being so cheap and all. :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

it seems more hyped than actually usable

I mean we are talking about a board that cost thousands of $

I can see these park to open in a handful of spaces where there are many extrarich hipsters

Good luck with that mate. Cause you know... with metals being so cheap and all. :P

Platinum in particular, but you see a catalytic converter in every car now.  Given enough demand, it can happen.  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

Platinum in particular, but you see a catalytic converter in every car now.  Given enough demand, it can happen.  

no I dont think you understand the scale/cost involved . Catalytic converters use a TINY amount of platinum and they are one of the most valuable things in a scrap car. I doubt any country that is sane would put metal down on every street just for the select few who have them. Even if it sold really well it is still a MASSIVE cost that is not justified.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

It's nice, but firstly it only works on metal, and scondly it only hovers around an inch above the floor, which means even if it did work on any surface, it'd be unlikely you'd get it up and over kerbs and bumps in the road and pavement, due to the way it works, which unlike wheels, has no clear rebound or solid force to push against to lift it up into a jump. Mind you, this is coming from someone who doesn't ride skateboards and so has little knowledge on the mechanics surrounding pulling tricks and jumps on one.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

no I dont think you understand the scale/cost involved . Catalytic converters use a TINY amount of platinum and they are one of the most valuable things in a scrap car. I doubt any country that is sane would put metal down on every street just for the select few who have them. Even if it sold really well it is still a MASSIVE cost that is not justified.

I do understand the scale and cost involved.  I didn't say this will happen tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it begin to appear a decade or two down the road (pun intended), after optimization.  

For example, say they manage to get it to hover over a set of rails, as opposed to a metal sheet.  As road travel is almost entirely linear with moderate turns, it could be practical to inlay a set of rails in every main road.  The second railroad era, as it were.  

It will take many scientists/engineers many years to get this to a product that is practical, but we've made economically non-viable things viable before.  

Looks so cool and I want one, too bad I don't have the $10000 to back the top perk. 

As to the people who are comparing it to the Magnetic trains in China & Japan, yes it is the same technology, but scaled way down. That in turn should make it more "affordable" (Note: the double quotes).

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

I do understand the scale and cost involved.  I didn't say this will happen tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it begin to appear a decade or two down the road (pun intended), after optimization.  

For example, say they manage to get it to hover over a set of rails, as opposed to a metal sheet.  As road travel is almost entirely linear with moderate turns, it could be practical to inlay a set of rails in every main road.  The second railroad era, as it were.  

It will take many scientists/engineers many years to get this to a product that is practical, but we've made economically non-viable things viable before.  

Well I don't imagine the cost or net amount of metal needed would justify ever doing it I just think all metal is to precious in quantity to do it. BUT saying that some countries have Tramlines so perhaps they could make them duo use or Railways (not exactly sure how Health & Saftey would go with that though :P )

Looks so cool and I want one, too bad I don't have the $10000 to back the top perk. 

As to the people who are comparing it to the Magnetic trains in China & Japan, yes it is the same technology, but scaled way down. That in turn should make it more "affordable" (Note: the double quotes).

Making things smaller always = more cost... look at desktops > Laptops.

Making things smaller always = more cost... look at desktops > Laptops.

Well, It shouldn't. less materials should = more savings, but we all know that's not how the corporate world works. Smaller = less powerful but at twice the price. :/

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Battery life: 10 minutes.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

we need more energy so we can make this work on any surface, then flying cars and spaceships will be nuts.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.