Indie Dev Threatens Gabe Newell, Has Game Removed From Steam

Fulgrim

#gamergate has gone TOO FAR 

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

Little late, someone already posted a thread about this..

Perhaps quote a little more of the full story?

(Cba to find the link to the other post)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well, when you have murder in your twitter name, this is expected

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

i have to agree with the first comment, he is a child. he handled the situation very poorly. i bet he would have done really well had he simply communicated the concern to them calmly.

Even If he tried anything to GabeN the PC Master Race would have defended Lord GabeN

he would have trouble finding him behind his pile of money I throw at him every at sale

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I'd call this, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

So what Steam had a small error on the page, big deal, e-mail them telling them of the error and they'll fix it. Simple as that. Human error is a bitch.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

he sounds like a 12 year old kid. Not a dev

I'd re-phrase that "He sounds like a cry baby bitch" :lol: 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Little late, someone already posted a thread about this..

Perhaps quote a little more of the full story?

(Cba to find the link to the other post)

Late, but nice try.

uuh. daing 2h late I guess. I didn't get notified of that update till now. well shit xD im too slow for you guys xD

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Isn't it beautiful when people are made responsible for their actions?  :wub:

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I'd re-phrase that "He sounds like a cry baby bitch" :lol:

Ya i now see my post is disrespectful to 12 year olds.

Ya i now see my post is disrespectful to 12 year olds.

Nah they are all cry baby bitches also! (I'm kidding).

#gamergate has gone TOO FAR 

This got nothing to do with #gamergate. The developer himself went on mad twitter escapade and suffered the consequences of his actions for it. 

Unless you're being sarcastic.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Serve him right

If he has bad experience with Steam, he has every right to rant, to complain, or even a lawsuit

But a death threat? Even when I was a kid I've never said things this bad

There is nothing as an empty threat. Who are you to know if he meant it or not?

this is getting extremely irritating and annoying. it is making us gamers and enthusiasts the ultimate scapegoats in the stupid ignorant world where people don't understand where violence and other bad things come from.l 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

has he ever heard of the phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds you?"

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Anybody who's stupid enough to make death threats in the first place is just stupid, but death threats on the internet? On twitter? Where thousands of people can see it, screen cap it, and call the police? How stupid do you have to be? 
Obviously he was just joking, but the damage has been done. Wouldn't surprise me if he is charged with threatening death now. You can go to prison for a pretty long time for that in a lot of countries.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

I wish die shrinks were as infinite as stupidity...

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

It's important that we as the gaming community do not accept keyboard warriors who feel that it is ok to abuse people online.

We see a lot of childish behavoir, most of the time from disgruntled players, this time it's from a dev- whatever the source it's not ok.

That includes abusing companies like Ubisoft, EA etc... You may not like what they do; you have a right to criticize them for their work. But try to see things in perspective and don't act like they have killed your family and ruined your life.