Can't put sound card in

farhanorakzai

I'm trying to put in my xonar dg sound card in my motherboard, but it won't go into the motherboard so I can screw it in

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

If it is not properly in the slot then do not screw it in. Don't even try it

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I'm trying to put in my xonar dg sound card in my motherboard, but it won't go into the motherboard so I can screw it in

Whaa?

"Rawr XD"

What connector does the sound card use? Older ones might be PCI...

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

that's something ......" what mobo are you using?

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

that's something ......" what mobo are you using?

Rampage iv extreme

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Are you sure youre putting the sound card into a PCI slot?

NOT a PCI-e slot.

Rampage iv extreme

The rampage 4 extreme has PCIe slots NOT PCI slots...they are not compatible.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

define , it does not go in. *no pun intended* *alright maybe a bit* , maybe the slot is jammed with dustbunnies or other like ants (it happens) ,

Details separate people.

dont put a standard pci card in the pcie lane or your gonna fuck it up

CA-RIP, Cz up hoes down, bang these hoes out with my rounds.

Whaa?

I'm trying to put this sound card into that pci slot

post-85140-0-17361100-1413660934_thumb.j

post-85140-0-26082600-1413660944_thumb.j

return it you cant use it

thats a pci express slot very different in both size and bandwidth capabilities

Different slots. Incompatible. You can't use that sound card.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Shit happens to all of us. Why do you even need a soundcard anyways?
You dont have a low-grade motherboard so you dont have to compensate for it.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Shit happens to all of us. Why do you need a soundcard anyways? Your motherboard have good audio anyways.

On board sound is not working

Rampage iv extreme

you can't sorry, but i wouldn't bother since that mobo have a badass sound incorporated already.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

You can't use it... You'll want to hope you can return it otherwise you've just wasted money.

Maybe this will encourage you to check next time, it takes a few minutes to check with people on this forum or better yet, it takes a matter of seconds to Google this stuff before you buy something.

You can't use it... You'll want to hope you can return it otherwise you've just wasted money.

Maybe this will encourage you to check next time, it takes a few minutes to check with people on this forum or better yet, it takes a matter of seconds to Google this stuff before you buy something.

I did check here. I was told to buy this sound card

That sucks man. You want the dgx model for pci-e.

Still, it doesn't hurt to check Google as well.

Either there is a PCIE version of this card and you bought the wrong one, or some moron on this board doesn't know his arse from his elbow and gave you a bum steer.

Also, that soundcard you picked kinda sucks. If you want truly better-than-onboard audio out of a soundcard you need to spend $200.

HT | OMEGA eClaro 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card

That's my reccomendation.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

Either there is a PCIE version of this card and you bought the wrong one, or some moron on this board doesn't know his arse from his elbow and gave you a bum steer.

Also, that soundcard you picked kinda sucks. If you want truly better-than-onboard audio out of a soundcard you need to spend $200.

HT | OMEGA eClaro 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card

That's my reccomendation.

The on board sound stopped working. I just need something to replace it with

The DG got 2 variant, DG is the basic one, PCI connection, DGX is the PCIe version. Exactly the same board, just different interface.

Try to exchange it (adding money) to get the PCIe version, the DGX, which is about $10 more, I think? Stores tend to accept exchanges if you add some money (exchange with pricier one)