ASUS ROG GR8 Desktop Computer

GoodBytes

ASUS anonces today their new Republic of Gamers (ROG) GR8, desktop computer.

ASUS_ROG_GR8_03.jpg

ASUS_ROG_GR8_05.jpg

The system is a smal slim form factor computer, powered by an Intel Core i7-4510U, up to 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3L, Windows 8.1/8.1 Pro, Intel Gigabit LAN, Dual Band Wireles A/C, and GeForce GTX 750Ti.

ASUS_ROG_GR8_04.jpg

The system has on the front 2 x USB 2.0, and 4 x USB 3.0 on the back, 1x HDMI, and 1x DisplayPort, and depending on the configuration can have an HDD or SSD of different sizes.

A cool ability is that it has a Miracast RECEIVER inside.

ASUS also mentions that the system include ASUS exclusive value added software, which you'll want to remove the moment you turn the system on:

SupremeFX Audio
Sonic SoundStage
Sonic SenseAmp
Sonic Studio
Sonic Radar II
GameFirst III

Kaspersky Anti-Virus (1-year full license)
AiSuite III
ASUS HomeCloud with Wi-Fi GO!/Media Streamer
DTS Connect

But what is nice about the system, unique to it, is that it comes with a mechanical keyboard. Yes!

ASUS M801 mechanical keyboard to be exact. Prety cool if you don't have one, and are intrested to have something to start with.

And of course, as it is a gaming computer, one is never complete without a 1 billion DPI shity dollar shop mouse: ASUS 6400DPI optical sensor "that tracks up to 200 inches per second, and 50G aceleration"

(We have got gaming mouses, keyboards, speakers, headphones, headsets, monitors and mouse pads, ... still waiting for that gaming printer)

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/206323/asus-republic-of-gamers-launches-the-gr8-gaming-pc.html

GTX750Ti? I understand that the 950 isn't out yet, but still it seems a bit of an odd choice Imo. A 970m would have been better, since it is soldered on anyways

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

GTX750Ti? I understand that the 950 isn't out yet, but still it seems a bit of an odd choice Imo. A 970m would have been better, since it is soldered on anyways

This. Why would you buy this if you can literally have a better gaming experience with a laptop? I didn't see the price mentioned anywhere, but since it's an ROG product I expect it to be overpriced as hell anyway.

This. Why would you buy this if you can literally have a better gaming experience with a laptop? I didn't see the price mentioned anywhere, but since it's an ROG product I expect it to be overpriced as hell anyway.

QFT. it has a mobile chip. why not give it a mobile GPU as well

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

QFT. it has a mobile chip. why not give it a mobile GPU as well

Especially since you could probably fit 2 of them in SLI in there. That thing is basically a laptop without a screen, keyboard and battery.

this is old-ish news

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Especially since you could probably fit 2 of them in SLI in there. That thing is basically a laptop without a screen, keyboard and battery.

and plenty thicker, so you could do 3 way sli, and not have thermal problems.

what im guessing (if asus isnt just scummy) is that the RND for this was before the 900 series were even rumoured, and no specs were known, so they went with what they could... id still take the 880m then...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

How is this old'ish news? The video annoncement was uploaded yesterday night

I remember it being announced awhile ago

http://www.computershopper.com/computex-2014/first-looks-republic-of-gamers-g20-and-gr8-mini-pcs-from-asus/asus-republic-of-gamers-g20-lighting-controls

Not the site where I saw it but the date is correct.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

It's pretty cool for that level of machine to be in that form factor.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

The 750ti is good for gaming at 1080p, I'm sure this will be fine. Real life > benhmarks

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I remember it being announced awhile ago

http://www.computershopper.com/computex-2014/first-looks-republic-of-gamers-g20-and-gr8-mini-pcs-from-asus/asus-republic-of-gamers-g20-lighting-controls

Not the site where I saw it but the date is correct.

I see no announcement. This is just "this is what we are working on, stay tune".

and plenty thicker, so you could do 3 way sli, and not have thermal problems.

what im guessing (if asus isnt just scummy) is that the RND for this was before the 900 series were even rumoured, and no specs were known, so they went with what they could... id still take the 880m then...

Sure, that might be the case, but is the 750ti even removeable? If not then it's the same situation we had with the Gigabyte Brix. "Hey look, we fit a desktop 760 in there!" and nobody cares because that thing thermal throttled like hell, you couldn't upgrade it in any way and an m-series GPU would have been the better choice all along. At least the 750ti shouldn't throttle in that thing, but it still seems like an incredibly stupid product to me.

It's pretty cool for that level of machine to be in that form factor.

#razerblade #aorusx7pro

Sure, that might be the case, but is the 750ti even removeable? If not then it's the same situation we had with the Gigabyte Brix. "Hey look, we fit a desktop 760 in there!" and nobody cares because that thing thermal throttled like hell, you couldn't upgrade it in any way and an m-series GPU would have been the better choice all along. At least the 750ti shouldn't throttle in that thing, but it still seems like an incredibly stupid product to me.

i was just playing devils advocate. i think its a retarded decision what they did. :) i agree that an 880m or a 970/980m sli would be better

I like the form factor but the performance probably won't be good enough for me, also it's ROG so will likely be expensive. 

I see no announcement. This is just "this is what we are working on, stay tune".

I guess we have differing definitions of "announcement" and "release"

Tyical prebuilt bullshit: 300 bucks processor paired with a 150 bucks GPU when it should be the other fucking way around for gamers.

the best thing about it is, its a slow 2c4t part with a 15W TDP at 2GHz, and the only reason for its price is the low TDP, on a FRIGGIN DESKTOP THAT DONT CARE FOR TDP :'D they could easily put a 4core part in there, a 50W one...

That and it is thicker than most laptops so a 870SLI could be easily cooled properly for astronomically better performance than a 750ti

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Good luck trying to make any upgrades to that thing.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Stupid idea. So much horsepower with such a crappy graphics configuration.

the best thing about it is, its a slow 2c4t part with a 15W TDP at 2GHz, and the only reason for its price is the low TDP, on a FRIGGIN DESKTOP THAT DONT CARE FOR TDP :'D they could easily put a 4core part in there, a 50W one...

They'd likely have to make the case much larger. Higher TDP = more heat.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red