ASUS STRIX Mechanical Keyboards Oh lawd they are sexy

Qwertious

Too gaudy for my tastes.

Colors are fine to me but the shape is doing nothing for me.

I prefer a simpler design.

Too bright and "GAMER" for me....

Also, please keyboard people, if you are making a mech board, just keep the bottom row standard.

Messing with the sizes of keys just makes it so awkward to swap at a later date...

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

2cgh8r6.png

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I don't really need a wrist rest, and I like the extra macro buttons below the spacebar, but I don't really like the look (and I'd rather have a white backlight).

Not like I was looking for a new keyboard anyway though.

Cool, but I like the cleaner look of he K70. Also, needs a wrist rest or I wont even consider it.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

MX Blue and Double row side keys? Insta buy for me, well only for work....

I think that this is a real miss from Asus. I like the orange colour, however I think they went hella overboard with the aggressive aesthetic. Also, the materials just don't look very solid, that plastic with the texturing reminds me of cheap products, and the media keys seem kind of cheap as well. I think that they need to tone down the look and add more metal. Might make it worth its price.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

That looks horrible, also they stole the multimedia wheel from corsair

Can you patent a multimedia wheel?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Somebody will try

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

Of course you can

​What I see:

batman_logo_-_dc_article.jpg

While I also "saw" this, I immediately thought - nana nana nana BATKNIFE! BATKNIFE! BATKNIFE!!!!

dodgy.gif

Im playing around with the 970 Strix at the moment and I really like that design, but I don't see the appeal here.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I like the print on the keys and the orange , but the shape of it and the layout.... I can't see myself picking one up.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Ugly overpriced P.O.S. I hate keyboards with macros that are that close to the WASD/CapsLock/Shift/Ctrl/Tab keys, I always accidentally click the macros instead of the WASD keys on my friend's Blackwidow

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

IMO it is pretty ugly. Too gamer-ish for me. I'll take the G710+ any day of the week. Macro keys under Space don't sound like a great idea and why does it have to be orange/yellow? It's nice that they use a volume scroll wheel and have different switch variants, though.

I'm not a fan of the plastic bit at the bottom that juts out. It looks to me like home row typing would be incredibly uncomfortable.

This actually looks nice. Unusual design, but this is a matter of taste and not a fully objective assessment (I still haven't understood why a lot of techies act like dictators sometimes). 

That, or it has to do with the orange-backlighting. I'd like a mech keyboard that can do orange (I'd probably get the ducky, though. Don't want to replace it every two years).

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Too flashy for my taste and that cheap plastic look is not appealing.  (it's maybe well built but it looks cheap)

and whats with the owl logo?

6217475_orig.jpg

no wrist rest and looks like a batman logo.. I'm more into professional looking hardware these days

You can get a Ducky Shine 4 for the same price as this Asus keyboard. No brainer which I would pick.

• 3 months later...