Motorbikes

Mac

KTM makes a very cool bike. I have no time on any of the Duke's but from the KTM's I have been on you seem to sacrificed some refinement for performance, and in certain cases *Cough 525 SM Cough* reliability gets sacrificed as well.

Well I hope the duke is reliable

I got 2 bikes

First, its a 89 Suzuki GSXR 750R with an aluminum racing frame, forgot what pistons I put in it I think 11:1 and shaved some of the gearing off to limit weight and other things to limit. Had the Bike for 3 years not and have all the parts to finish it but haven't had any time to do it

Vx2JK0r.jpg

Second, its a 88 Yamaha FZ 750, just got it a few months ago for $100, it runs just needs carbs cleaned and the plastic welded back together. but I might weld a different sub frame on it like from a newer Honda or Yamaha to give it a better look and also take off the side fairings and the front cowl and put a single headlight in the front.

2sY0tfv.jpg

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

@Poohy14 they look good man

yeah they are a work in progress but I have a lot other projects to work on and college so they are just for the winter to do something but I hope to have 1 bike ready to go for the spring

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Well, decided winter project was converting the ole 1980 XJ650 Maxim into a custom EFI.. TB-EFI.

I'm excited. I'll probably retro fit CBR 600 Throttle bodies onto it.

Question.

4 Cone filters? Or try to get an air box to work?

I had a computer.. and then I let FedEx ship it.

Well, decided winter project was converting the ole 1980 XJ650 Maxim into a custom EFI.. TB-EFI.

I'm excited. I'll probably retro fit CBR 600 Throttle bodies onto it.

Question.

4 Cone filters? Or try to get an air box to work?

What ECU are you going to use? MegaSquirt?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

So I've recently fallen in love with the KTM Duke 200 but I won't be able to ride one for just over a year :(

If only they released the RC390 here in the US I'd be all over it. Better yet I'd love a 600cc supersport version of a RC8. My life would be complete. I've yet to see a single RC8 or Duke 690 on the road where I live. Make it happen KTM...

I got 2 bikes

First, its a 89 Suzuki GSXR 750R with an aluminum racing frame, forgot what pistons I put in it I think 11:1 and shaved some of the gearing off to limit weight and other things to limit. Had the Bike for 3 years not and have all the parts to finish it but haven't had any time to do it

Second, its a 88 Yamaha FZ 750, just got it a few months ago for $100, it runs just needs carbs cleaned and the plastic welded back together. but I might weld a different sub frame on it like from a newer Honda or Yamaha to give it a better look and also take off the side fairings and the front cowl and put a single headlight in the front.

That FZ 750 is the perfect candidate for a street fighter project, modify or remove those fairings, add that newer subframe and you can have a really good looking bike.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

What ECU are you going to use? MegaSquirt?

Hey, sorry for the super late reply.

It is actually called microsquirt. 

Currently I'm looking at upgrading my ignition system because the ole' yahama one is relatively weak, and primitive compared to Ford EDIS, or GM DIS - ( the one I'm going to use. )

I'm looking and trying to find or have someone make a reluctor wheel, with the 7 slots. 

dis_ring.gif

Someone here wouldn't be able to make one would they with a laser cutter? ( We can be paypal friends. )

http://www.useasydocs.com/quickstart.htm - Microsquirt quickstart / overview.

http://www.useasydocs.com/details/GM_DIS.htm - ignition system im upgrading to.

Hey, sorry for the super late reply.

It is actually called microsquirt. 

Currently I'm looking at upgrading my ignition system because the ole' yahama one is relatively weak, and primitive compared to Ford EDIS, or GM DIS - ( the one I'm going to use. )

I'm looking and trying to find or have someone make a reluctor wheel, with the 7 slots. 

*SNIP*

Someone here wouldn't be able to make one would they with a laser cutter? ( We can be paypal friends. )

http://www.useasydocs.com/quickstart.htm - Microsquirt quickstart / overview.

http://www.useasydocs.com/details/GM_DIS.htm - ignition system im upgrading to.

Interesting, Have you done this kind of thing before?

When I was in college I was pretty heavily (2 years as president of SAE at my university) involved in FSAE racing series, where we did end up putting EFI on a KTM 525 single cylinder. It's not a task to be taken lightly, not trying to be a pessimist, just want you to be aware of what you are getting into. If you do not have access to a dynamometer I would strongly encourage you not to proceed. We did it successfully with a team of 5 guys, reasonably deep pockets, and unlimited dynamometer time. I bet I had that engine on that dyno for a couple hundred hours of testing and tuning with a significant amount of testing and validation equipment. I am not saying you cannot get this done without all of the fancy tools, but it is going to be harder and take longer.

We used a MegaSquirt 3 for a couple of years before we (literally) threw it out and bought an AEM EMS-4. 

I do have access to a couple of lasers, we may be able to work something out if you need things cut.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Interesting, Have you done this kind of thing before?

When I was in college I was pretty heavily (2 years as president of SAE at my university) involved in FSAE racing series, where we did end up putting EFI on a KTM 525 single cylinder. It's not a task to be taken lightly, not trying to be a pessimist, just want you to be aware of what you are getting into. If you do not have access to a dynamometer I would strongly encourage you not to proceed. We did it successfully with a team of 5 guys, reasonably deep pockets, and unlimited dynamometer time. I bet I had that engine on that dyno for a couple hundred hours of testing and tuning with a significant amount of testing and validation equipment. I am not saying you cannot get this done without all of the fancy tools, but it is going to be harder and take longer.

We used a MegaSquirt 3 for a couple of years before we (literally) threw it out and bought an AEM EMS-4. 

I do have access to a couple of lasers, we may be able to work something out if you need things cut.

Here is another person doing an EFI conversion on a relatively similar bike.

http://users.hal-pc.org/~dhutch/mainframe.html

I'm planning to spend the next long couple months on this project. 

I live in a nice area with long straight roads. 

You're completely right though, my tuning will be not be 100% perfect. However, it will be better than a 34 year old carburetor that travels into the mountains and down to sea level. Making my run rich, or lean.

Sorry for the multipost, but I think getting a better exhaust would be nice too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291189739046?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

A Mac 4-1 exhaust would allow exhaust scavenging and breathing better than my original exhaust. Plus it'd allow the o2 sensor to see a more average reading instead of just one.

As for having a wheel cut, absolutely. I just need to get in proper contact with you to discuss.

I: cannot wait till next march when I shall be getting my new baby... my CBR1000RR now i'm torn between an 04-06 model or going for a new one? 

Any thoughts guys?

Ryzen 9 7900X

Asrock X670E PG Lightning 

32GB G.Skill 6000mhz DDR5

1TB Samsung 990 Pro 

Rdna 2 iGPU 

I: cannot wait till next march when I shall be getting my new baby... my CBR1000RR now i'm torn between an 04-06 model or going for a new one? 

Any thoughts guys?

Oooohhh. I don't know which model you should pick but it'll be amazing either way :D

Oooohhh. I don't know which model you should pick but it'll be amazing either way :D

The 2015 fireblade is really small and thin, where as the old blade is alot bigger and chunkier which i like!

Ryzen 9 7900X

1TB Samsung 990 Pro 

Rdna 2 iGPU 

The 2015 fireblade is really small and thin, where as the old blade is alot bigger and chunkier which i like!

I haven't seen the 2015 fire blade yet

I personally love the looks of an 2006 1000RR cant go wrong with that look and that being said im lost between YZF-R125 or 2014 CBR250R (called CBR300R in other countries)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I agree with you @Levent and @MrBaker89 the 2006 1000RR is a stunning bike but I much prefer bikes like the Duke 200 (mentioned previously) but given the chance I would have a 1000RR

Torn between this which is a 2014 CBR1000RR

media_1.jpg

Or this...

media.jpg

Ryzen 9 7900X

1TB Samsung 990 Pro 

Rdna 2 iGPU 

Torn between this which is a 2014 CBR1000RR

media_1.jpg

Or this...

media.jpg

The top one is deffinatly a CBR 1000rr. but i think the bottom one is a CBR 1000r which is a bit tamer