multi crew ships

zeus_anoxia

Hello internet. I'm thinking of buying my first ship but none of my friends have any interest in this game so I will be the Forever Alone guy. The question is, can I fly a multi crew ship on my own, or do all stations need to be manned??

I want to play as a trader/transporter/hauler and was looking at ships. All the ships that have big cargo bays are multi crew.

WTF you talkin' about?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

WTF you talkin' about?

talking about Star Citizen

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

WTF you talkin' about?

Star Citizen.

OT: Yes and no. You will be able to fly multi crew ships on your own, but it will be very hard and most functions won't work, as the stations are unmanned. Something like a Freelancer or Cutlass could still be possible.

Other than that, you can hire NPC's to assist you in your ship, but they too will have limited functionality to a real human.

It is possible, but don't expect to be successful with an Idris/890JUMP/etc. :)

EDIT: Or you could enlist for the UOLTTC and you'll probably find some people to play with :D *shameless self promotion*

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

WTF you talkin' about?

Look at where it's posted before you ask questions....

talking about Star Citizen

Ooops mea culpa.

Just noticed what forum this is.

"This too shall pass"

Hello internet. I'm thinking of buying my first ship but none of my friends have any interest in this game so I will be the Forever Alone guy. The question is, can I fly a multi crew ship on my own, or do all stations need to be manned??

I want to play as a trader/transporter/hauler and was looking at ships. All the ships that have big cargo bays are multi crew.

I'm sure there will be hundreds of LTT people that would want to help ( me included since i only have a 315p ) . Be sure to join the LTT organisation https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

I have no intention on spending that kind of money up front. I was actually looking at a Freelancer MAX or a Constellation Taurus (this one is really hard to justify). Didn't know about the NPC hiring. Maybe I'll pull the trigger on that Freelancer.

It is possible, but don't expect to be successful with an Idris/890JUMP/etc.  :)

Ooops mea culpa.

Just noticed what forum this is.

Every thread this happens

Star Citizen.

OT: Yes and no. You will be able to fly multi crew ships on your own, but it will be very hard and most functions won't work, as the stations are unmanned. Something like a Freelancer or Cutlass could still be possible.

Other than that, you can hire NPC's to assist you in your ship, but they too will have limited functionality to a real human.

It is possible, but don't expect to be successful with an Idris/890JUMP/etc. :)

EDIT: Or you could enlist for the UOLTTC and you'll probably find some people to play with :D *shameless self promotion*

Yep, Wauthar's a good wingman and we will have your back cover if its needed

Right now I don't see any option to buy new ships with in-game credits but I suspect that option will become available when the game launches and people will be able to do their business.

Am I right, or will ships only be purchasable with real cash money??

Right now I don't see any option to buy new ships with in-game credits but I suspect than option will become available when the game launches and people will be able to do their business.

Am I right, or will ships only be purchasable with real cash money??

All ships are available in game the sales are for helping the devoloper.

Hornet, Aurora and 300i are the only ships up for sale constantly

Awesome. ok, I'm getting the Freelancer Plus package and I'll get a Constellation with in-game credits after playing the real thing.

OK, more questions.

I got the Freelancer Plus package. The Freelancer can be configured/upgraded for different purposes.

Can I switch between different configs back and forth?? Like I apply the Freelancer DUR upgrade, fly around, do some exploration, then I apply the Freelancer MAX upgrade, do some trading and transportation. But oh wait, I'm bored, time to switch back to DUR and explore some more...

Is that doable or do I loose the upgrades once I apply them and will I need to keep buying ship config upgrades over and over??

OK, more questions.

I got the Freelancer Plus package. The Freelancer can be configured/upgraded for different purposes.

Can I switch between different configs back and forth?? Like I apply the Freelancer DUR upgrade, fly around, do some exploration, then I apply the Freelancer MAX upgrade, do some trading and transportation. But oh wait, I'm bored, time to switch back to DUR and explore some more...

Is that doable or do I loose the upgrades once I apply them and will I need to keep buying ship config upgrades over and over??

You can't buy the MAX upgrade IIRC due to it being a limited edition ship IF I'm right, I might be thinking a different ship.

What I do know if you can buy the upgrades to make it a MAX and you keep the parts in your hanger, the only way you lose them is by transporting them around and you have to dump your cargo or it gets stolen and stuff like that.

That said it could change whenever they decide

ok, say I win a contest and I have both the DUR and the MAX upgrades for my Freelancer, can I switch between them an unlimited amount of times or is it a one time deal. As in, once they are applied, if I switch to another configuration, the previous one is lost??

edit: I just checked again, you can buy the DUR upgrade for $15 and the MAX for $30. They are both available for purchase right now. Might be a limited time offer... not sure.

Every thread this happens

Maybe it's because they appear at the right side of the main page as a new post .

This is where I saw it , rather than in a forum (that I pretty much wouldn't frequent)

"This too shall pass"

You can't buy the MAX upgrade IIRC due to it being a limited edition ship IF I'm right, I might be thinking a different ship.

What I do know if you can buy the upgrades to make it a MAX and you keep the parts in your hanger, the only way you lose them is by transporting them around and you have to dump your cargo or it gets stolen and stuff like that.

That said it could change whenever they decide

Your thinking of the MIS, the missile boat.

ok, say I win a contest and I have both the DUR and the MAX upgrades for my Freelancer, can I switch between them an unlimited amount of times or is it a one time deal. As in, once they are applied, if I switch to another configuration, the previous one is lost??

edit: I just checked again, you can buy the DUR upgrade for $15 and the MAX for $30. They are both available for purchase right now. Might be a limited time offer... not sure.

The MIS was limited. as for your upgrade idea, i think its a waste of time and money.

Just get one of them (Stock is a good start) then ones the game is out buy the parts and swap between them when needed or buy two Freelancers to save time and money (dollar shave club style)

Ships will be buyable ingame with ingame money, not Real money at Release.

As for your original question. The connie might be abit of a challange to one man fly, You cant use the turrets aside from front firiing, you cant use the Merlin, and whatever the other two chairs will let you do wont be possible either.

But remember, you CAN hire NPC´s ! but the better the NPC the more they will cost.

It's a one-time deal. After you use the upgrade, it's permanent.

Got it. That just sucks ass. I hope they change that by the time the game is released. Why the need to have three different Freelancer ships when you could only have one and retool it to serve your current goals??

What kind of ship would be most useful at the start of the game, between exploration or trader??

I just joined the LTT org in Star Citizen, hope my application is accepted.

Got it. That just sucks ass. I hope they change that by the time the game is released. Why the need to have three different Freelancer ships when you could only have one and retool it to serve your current goals??

What kind of ship would be most useful at the start of the game, between exploration or trader??

I just joined the LTT org in Star Citizen, hope my application is accepted.

I guess you didn't read my post.

Just get one of them (Stock is a good start) then ones the game is out buy the parts and swap between them when needed or buy two Freelancers to save time and money (dollar shave club style)

Yes you can swap parts but right now you can only replace weapons, the other stuff is pointless as far as I know.

The Variations are like examples on how you can make your ship, the upgrade option is like a package for your ship, although right now your replacing the stock parts with other parts rather then buying extra parts you can swap in between. But it will be different at release as I already said.

I guess you didn't read my post.

Yes you can swap parts but right now you can only replace weapons, the other stuff is pointless as far as I know.

The Variations are like examples on how you can make your ship, the upgrade option is like a package for your ship, although right now your replacing the stock parts with other parts rather then buying extra parts you can swap in between. But it will be different at release as I already said.

I did read your post and I thank you for your advice. I said "got it" as in I got the idea, that ship upgrades are a one time deal. I actually bought the stock Freelancer Plus package for the USB space-ship and the galaxy map poster (yep, I'm a nerd).

I did read your post and I thank you for your advice. I said "got it" as in I got the idea, that ship upgrades are a one time deal. I actually bought the stock Freelancer Plus package for the USB space-ship and the galaxy map poster (yep, I'm a nerd).

did the same for the Connie a while back.

As a person that has a Freelancer (standard version but I have the DUR upgrade) and has no friends (sad life) I can say that it will be very difficult to manage multiple positions especially with a ship with multiple manned guns and turrets. If you own the Aurora (the one with cargo) yeah you will be able to man it solely on your own. As for ships like the Cutlass, Freelancer, and the awesome Constellation you will have no fun trying to fly these without atleast one other person. The Constellation needs 4 minimum. 

Try joining an organization to meet up with people. Of course everyone will have their own ships but most of the time people will join together and just alternate on which ship they take that day. 

rawr!! I'm a ferret!

As a person that has a Freelancer (standard version but I have the DUR upgrade) and has no friends (sad life) I can say that it will be very difficult to manage multiple positions especially with a ship with multiple manned guns and turrets. If you own the Aurora (the one with cargo) yeah you will be able to man it solely on your own. As for ships like the Cutlass, Freelancer, and the awesome Constellation you will have no fun trying to fly these without atleast one other person. The Constellation needs 4 minimum. 

Try joining an organization to meet up with people. Of course everyone will have their own ships but most of the time people will join together and just alternate on which ship they take that day. 

Cutlass and Freelancer is not an issue solo flying, sure that 1 turret will only fire forward but you could have a NPC operate that.

But yeah. a none issue.

My thinking is that exploration will be most important in the first days of the game, before people chart everything. I want to get out there and be the first to find stuff. I purchased the stock Freelancer but the DUR upgrade is only $15 and I might make the plunge. I'm going to hold off for now though, game development is inching forward and I want to see what other ships are revealed in the future. I may apply the DUR upgrade, I may just change the Freelancer for a Constellation Aquila and man it with NPCs... who knows... I'm good for now.

On another note, the Constellation Aquila would be freaking perfect for me (aside from not having friends to join me). Aquila is Latin for 'eagle' and it represents the bird who carried Zeus' thunderbolts in Greco-Roman mythology. My in-game handle/name is zeus_anoxia (same as here), so it fits like a glove. The ship (Aquila) carries my thunderbolts (lasers and missiles). How freaking awesome is that??

I have to stop nerding out...