Epic Battle For Supremecy, AMD vs Intel Trailer.

Wait why are they killing the apps that want resources? Shouldn't they be helping them o.O

it think it will

i mean look ^^ 

I stand corrected

I think apus are a great idea but I don't think there quite ready yet for the high end market 

i mean look ^^ 

Thank you for using me as an example. I think APUs are awesome because you can have a HTPC box used for all sorts of things; emulators, music, movies, etc. without having a GPU which will bring costs down and your electrical bill will be happier as well.

I personally wouldn't use a APU for my main gaming PC, but I would love to use one for a new HTPC or even as a kids computer so they can play small games like Minecraft or Indie games.

1080p gaming? Naaah, 720p and lower. 1024 x 768 most probalby :D 

Those APUs will be in gaming laptops along with 2144 rams.

How about 5 Gigahertz worth of progress ?

I mean, yea the five gigahertz push on an 8350 is great! But i was hoping for something like a steamroller announcement or new data about it

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

From what I can see, this trailer is trying to promote multiple cores/threads and turbo frequencies. So err... Yeah, nothing new. Still, that was a pretty awesome trailer! Haha.

Benchmarks-wise, AMD has always been better for onboard graphics. And they've often been better than super-low tier GPUs such as the 630 that it's compared against there. Personally, I think this is a rather misleading graph! And that's with no mention of the extra fast and extremely expensive RAM they're using to squeeze the extra performance from the onboard GPU in their APU.

On the topic of AMD, does anyone know if there are any reviews of the richland APUs? They are available at NCIX and Newegg, but I can't seem to find any benchmarks/reviews (beside the AMD graph in the first post).

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

Is that big guy Sandy Bridge-E? I guess that proves 4 AMD A series cores can beat 1 Sandy Bridge-E core?

Just kidding, no need to get angry, if they keep this up my next build might be AMD (my GPU already is).

"Battle for supremacy"?

More like the 2 metre/ 6 foot 2 tall kid holding the tiny boy in class at arm's length by his forehead while the little one flaps his arms as to struggle.

Guess which is which lol.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

On the topic of AMD, does anyone know if there are any reviews of the richland APUs? They are available at NCIX and Newegg, but I can't seem to find any benchmarks/reviews (beside the AMD graph in the first post).

There are some benchmarks here : http://wccftech.com/amd-a10-6800k-richland-apu-performance-unveiled/

but no full reviews yet...

When is this movie out? Its epic! Lol

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

lol 6800k to 6700k http://www.newegg.com/amdbeinvincible $1 difference, its like hmm should i overclock or buy my overclock for a dollar.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

>Look at computer

>Realizes running intel

>rofl

>I really want Steamroller to be good

>sit and think about how Haswell should have been better

>Realizes: "shit man i need to start saving for a new system"

>Post something

>go search the interwebs for Steamroller leaks

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

It was a cool video, but not really impressed with it. Doesn't want to make me buy an AMD APU.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It was a cool video, but not really impressed with it. Doesn't want to make me buy an AMD APU.

Don't be so intel fanboy Godly

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

yes amd your apu's are great but we want something to compete with the the i7 

At the bottom it said with an HD 6570 Crossfire and 2x2GB DDR3 2133MHz ram it averaged 35FPS in Far Cry 3 on medium settings @ 1080p.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

That was pretty epic, one of the best trailers I have seen for PC hardware in years

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Wait why are they killing the apps that want resources? Shouldn't they be helping them o.O

Because the cores' impressive performance are 'destroying' the applications, see what AMD did there? :P

hyper-threading is an intel thing.

You get the idea anyway, in case you didn't it's 'Many cores taking on one big application', nothing new.

Perhaps when AMD go bust their new market would be Game trailers?

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog