solving Quadratics help

jameshumphries47

so i have this to work out 3X^2-34x+63 how would i work this out using fractioning?

help please!

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

so i have this to work out 3X^2-34x+63 how would i work this out using fractioning?

help please!

ew, thought I've never have to hear that word ever again after yr 11

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

arghh im 2 years ahead of where i should, im only in year 9 :( 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

Wait until proofs

PROOF16.JPG

Because he had a hard drive.

i think you mean factorising, 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/maths/algebra/quadequationshirev1.shtml

the bbc has some good guides and if your 2 years ahead dont worry too much, just make sure your school continues to provide maths work for you to do when you finish the required curriculum.

x(1,2) = (-b +- sqrt(b^2 - 4ac)) / (2a)

where a,b,c are the numbers in your equation, so in your case, 

a=3

b=-34

c=63

so you get 2 solutions,

x1 = (34 + sqrt((-34)^2 - 4x3x63)) / 2x3 = 81

x2 = (34 - sqrt((-34)^2 - 4x3x63)) / 2x3 = 21

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

a=3

b=34

c=63

B=-34, not +34

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

B=-34, not +34

whoops. didnt see the -. correcting

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

a=3

b=-34

c=63

so you get 2 solutions,

x1 = (34 + sqrt((-34)^2 - 4x3x63)) / 2x3 = 81

x2 = (34 - sqrt((-34)^2 - 4x3x63)) / 2x3 = 21

he said solving by factoring, not using the quadratic formula.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i dont get any of this im gonna speak to the teacher tommorow thanks for your help though guys 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

oh, one more thing. factorising is stupid, once you realise there is a formula, and how to get it, because then, it translates to all the other higher power polinomials

he said solving by factoring, not using the quadratic formula.

check my other reply, quoted below

i dont get any of this im gonna speak to the teacher tommorow thanks for your help though guys 

there exists a formula (got through some higher level algebra) that can be adapted to a polinomial of any power, to get its results. i showed you the formula for a quadratic polinomial ;)

as for factorising... below

oh, one more thing. factorising is stupid, once you realise there is a formula, and how to get it, because then, it translates to all the other higher power polinomials

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

(3x-7)(x-9)

PS, guys, he asked how to work it out using factoring, so there it is.

3x-7=0

x-9=0

= 7/3, 9

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

yes factorising is really stupid! its just pathetic so many steps for nothing i will have a look at that later, i managed to get teh ansawer after 2 hours of trial and error

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

where do you live where this is taken in year 11 I took this stuff in year 8

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Its in the GCSE, we started it in year 8 and kept doing it getting harder up till the exams(obviously alone side all the other subjects) . 

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

(3x-7)(x-9)

PS, guys, he asked how to work it out using factoring, so there it is.

3x-7=0

x-9=0

= 7/3, 9

oh factoring! damn I remember that from 7th grade! ah the days... :)

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

yes factorising is really stupid! its just pathetic so many steps for nothing i will have a look at that later, i managed to get teh ansawer after 2 hours of trial and error

ive always hated factorising, because it only really works with a quadratic, and only then, when the numbers work out for the Viet rule... (there is a way to make it work on a general polinomial, but the equations you get are far longer than just using the formula)

The sexy algorythm you use for higher degrees... -.-

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/PolynomialRoots.html

i  dunno coz im not in year 11, east anglia :P 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

there exists a formula (got through some higher level algebra) that can be adapted to a polinomial of any power, to get its results. i showed you the formula for a quadratic polinomial ;)

Do you mean that there is a  formula to solve polynomials of any degree?

That's not true. It can be proofen that polynoms with the degree of 5 and higher generally don't have a formula to find its roots.

Do you mean that there is a  formula to solve polynomials of any degree?

That's not true. It can be proofen that polynoms with the degree of 5 and higher generally don't have a formula to find its roots.

well there isnt an exact one (as far as i know) but there are many that can get arbitrarily close to them (and me being a physicist, that means exactly there)

I swear, looking at some of the other answers, I think they were trying to make it look so complicated you dropped out of school.

All you need to do is follow THIS and you will be OK kid !

blackboard-with-complicated-math-formula

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...