Win 7 or Win10 start thingy? (Start Menu talk)

Fastbrony Racer

Do you like the Windows 7 start menu or do you like the Windows 10 start thing? :huh:

post-99375-0-06241400-1413142628.jpg

I actually like the windows 10 one, because some of those apps with like news and stuff can be useful

But overall, I dont use the start screen in wondows 8.1 at all, I use the taskbar and use Win + Q to search

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

windows 10 would win for me if they removed the search button, and just let me do full colour customisation.

7's but 10 is still a Pre-release so things could change and I only prefer 7s slightly anyway...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Windows 7, but with a custom paint job. 

Uv9v8jV.jpg

I am still concerned that my PC will take over my house and kill me while I sleep. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I never use my start menu, well I never use it after I move everything I need to my taskbar.

Personally, I like the pre-XP menu. Simple and small. Could've look nicer, but other than that, no complaints. At least none I can remember, that was a while ago.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

This part about the new start menu in Windows 10 is driving me insane. Who the hell thought that this was a good idea?

When I drag and drop something I want it to stay where I dropped it. Stop trying to sort the tiles for me when I clearly know how I want them.

For that reason alone I think the Windows 7 start menu is far superior. If they fix that and also makes some metro tiles for things like the control panel, my computer and so on (I haven't really looked for it so maybe it exists already) then I'll say the Windows 10 menu is on par or better.

This part about the new start menu in Windows 10 is driving me insane. Who the hell thought that this was a good idea?

When I drag and drop something I want it to stay where I dropped it. Stop trying to sort the tiles for me when I clearly know how I want them.

For that reason alone I think the Windows 7 start menu is far superior. If they fix that and also makes some metro tiles for things like the control panel, my computer and so on (I haven't really looked for it so maybe it exists already) then I'll say the Windows 10 menu is on par or better.

I thought you just drag the icon to the metro space...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

to be honest I didnt had a lot issues with Metro UI when I upgraded from 7 and I also checked 10 and its ok for me ,in the end it combines 7 and 8

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I like Win 10's Start menu, it's a great combination of "classic" and "modern" start menu/screen.

I usually used the Start Screen to store all the less-used programs and all other shortcut that would potentially flood the desktop (also good for organizing shortcuts to different category) and sometimes, little widgets that I don't use much often, but it was not bad.

Good thing for everyone, the new Start Menu is customizable, you can remove the "modern" menu completely, leaving only the classic. But personally, I'll leave it there as well. Overall, I like the improvement in customization

Windows 7 start menu all the way.

The whole metro crap just sucks.

I hope we will see a start is back menu or what not for windows X.

I just want an os that is efficient for desktop use, like Windows xp. and Windows 7.

The whole metro nonsense, just isn´t user friendly and efficient for desktop use.

Even with the new start menu in Windows X, it still isnt anywhere near efficient, if you are a diehard desktop user.

My opinnion on this is simple, if you look at windows 7 startmenu and Windows xp, the whole interface isnt changed since Windows 95 realy. all the tools and things you need, where all on the same spot as in all those previous windows version.

But in windows 8.x and windows X the whole logic has changed, allot of things are hidden in some crapy menu´s and what not. Its just not efficient in my opinnion.

And then i dont even gonne talk about the whole MS-account synchronization bullshit.

I use a MS-account for msn windows live messenger, but i dont want my whole system, to be synchronized with it.

Also you have to enable tons of privacy options, otherwise MS is monitoring every single crap you are doing.

Microsoft just needs to stop this crap, and just create a desktop friendly more efficient OS. with improvements on the sheduler.

They dont have to improve the looks with that whole metro crap.

Windows 7 with aero was allready beautifull enough.

Microsoft just stop with this console crap.

And go back to what windows is ment for.

Bring back the oldskool desktop experiance back to window, like windows is ment to be.

Just do it.