hahahaha My friend'a cat killed his Gigabyte G1 GTX 970

Daniel91

To dat is saturday over here in sigapore, so alvin arrnged  for all of us to go to his hose to haf a lan party.

Air con full blast lan rigs set up and we started gaming 1st hr into gaming his cat came into the room, stroaking against his foot while we were playing battlefield 4. He used his leg to push the cat gently aside, the cat left

20mins into the game the cat came back again and did the same thing, so he did the same thing 2nd hr into gaming we were playing titansfall the cat came in and did the same thing, this time he pushed the cat  into the open rig.... unknow to him I think some of the cat's hair went into his GPU fans....

as we were playing half way he said he smelt something burning the next thing we checked all the rigs and realized his rig's dual SLI GTX 970 one of them was sparking and one of the fans wasn't spinning ...we unplgged the GPU and set it into his other pc it blue screened seeing his other rig don't haf intigrated graphics

point of story the cat may haf killed the GPU

moral of story never leave side panels open if you haf pets hahahahaha

Why is the side panel open?

Why is his case on the ground?

This could have been easily prevented.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

*have... :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Why is the side panel open?

Why is his case on the ground?

This could have been easily prevented.

1. he thought open panel + aircon = better cooling

2his table is a mess and too small

3 now he's got to call gigabyte hahahaha

Lol, after exam all lan party ah

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Lol, after exam all lan party ah

yalor, we take the enemies as the teachers that put us thru Hell muahahahaha

die mr NG burn in the nuke fire of hell!!

yalor, we take the enemies as the teachers that put us thru Hell muahahahaha

die mr NG burn in the nuke fire of hell!!

lol ahaha, we got one cher called Mrs NG xD 

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

lol ahaha, we got one cher called Mrs NG xD 

probably his evil half

probably his evil half

xD

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

LOL at least the 970 didnt kill the cat.  :rolleyes:

Intel Core i7 3770k  // Corsair H80i I ASRock Z77 Extreme4 I MSI Geforce GTX 680 I Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD I 2 x 4 GB Corair Dominatior Platium  DDR3 1866 Mhz I WD Cavier Black 1 TB HDD I Corsair TX850m PSU I Special Edition White Graphite Series™ 600T Mid-Tower Case I Dell S2740L Monitor I Corsair K90 Keyboard I Steelseries Sensei [RAW] mouse 

Yeah you should be happy your cat didn't got shaved c:

I would have loveded to see his cat shaved and hairless lol

Serves him right for pushing his cat into his PC. Can't believe people are asking why his side panel was off or saying moral of the story is don't have your PC on the floor... Moral of the story is don't be a cunt and push animals into your PC. I can't honestly be the only one who thinks that is cruel...?

I would have to agree with tacitus, although it sounds accidental in this case so i'm not upset by this. Those components can get hot and shocking an animal is cruel. As much as it sucks to have a computer ruined from a cat like that I had something like this happen to me. I had a old computer I used as a dedicated minecraft server open on it's side laying on the floor. My cat decided to put her paw on the motherboard ..... made the computer hang for a few moments until she took her paw off it after being shocked. Didn't break anything though and didn't lose any data as well.

What the hell happened to your english, you were much more intelligible in your other posts >.>

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.