High or Low Pass Filter on Lepai amp?

Phoenix66

I just bought a cheap samsung subwoofer that I believe was part of a 5.1 surround setup for 4$ today at Goodwill. I hooked it up to a lepai amp I had, and it works great except it's getting a full blown signal without a crossover. Most sub's are set to go 60hz or below if I'm not mistaken. My question is how could I setup a crossover for cheap, so that the sub only gets the signals it's designed to play? Maybe something for the speaker wire itself, or something that I plug the RCA cables to before it goes to the amp? I'm really not sure what to do.

The -pass means the filter "passes on" the prefix'd low or high. You want a sub woofer on a low-pass and a tweeter on a high-pass.

cheap RCA low-pass filter -> http://www.amazon.com/FMOD-Crossover-Pair-Low-Pass/dp/B0006N41EM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412988825&sr=8-1&keywords=low+pass+filter

@ShearMe Is there anything you know of that's cheaper? I'm wanting to add this sub to the TV for under 50$ including the cost of another amp.

I'll probably do that. I'll take the sub apart so it's built in. I don't mind sodering. :)

Do you have access to Conrad? They have a 12db/oct 60/100/120hz (or so) low pass for 10 euros.