Asus knocked off the list of top 5 PC manufacturers in the world, by Apple

Aniallation

You can very easily use the processor specs given in the Apple choices and use them to hunt for chips on ARK. It's not that hard...

You can just as easily go to Wikipedia or iFixit where people have already figured these things out.

Not that your points are not technically valid but I argue just how relevant physical retail stores still are. Sure there is some use for them by a certain demographic that doesn't likes buying things online but strangely enough wants to buy a new computer presumably to well, get online. But for the most part, people are really embracing Amazon and Ebay and such.

You're not wrong. IMHO, the physical store will eventually just become a glorified showroom for the likes of Wal-Mart and Amazon, where you simply only ever go to one when you want to try something out before buying it (checking out the sweet new Logitech G9001+ Mechanical Keyboard with wrist repulsor technology for ultimate comfort). (My opinion on where B&M stores are headed)

However, there is still a VERY LARGE portion of the population - at least here in Canada and the US (I assume other places as well) - who can't or won't shop online for one reason or the other. The elderly, for the most part, is one example. Another is the very large and very poor demographic - these are the types that go in to Best Buy and purchase the cheapest, shittiest laptop they can get their hands on (And then complain when it falls apart or when it is slow). This demographic tends to be very cheap (rightly so, if they have very limited money), and very computer illiterate.

Dell is pretty much the King of online purchases though - they showed that it's possible to run a computer retail business that has very minor physical presence.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

well I'm kinda not surprised but I still don't like acer laptops.

I've owned a 5 of them in the past and each didn't last 1 year after buying it. well of course it's probably because I'm running them 24/7 and I never shut down any pc/laptop I own unless I really have to.

so since 009 I've had no laptops lately >.<

well I like appl's mac or laptop whatever it's called. too bad can't afford them.

Live your life like a dream.

well I'm kinda not surprised but I still don't like acer laptops.

I've owned a 5 of them in the past and each didn't last 1 year after buying it. well of course it's probably because I'm running them 24/7 and I never shut down any pc/laptop I own unless I really have to.

so since 009 I've had no laptops lately >.<

well I like appl's mac or laptop whatever it's called. too bad can't afford them.

I'll give you one very hard life lesson about laptops specifically: You get what you pay for.

Most of Acer laptops are complete shit. Know why? Because they're cheap sub $400 pieces of garbage.

Though every other laptop under $400 is pretty much also a piece of garbage, whether it's ASUS or HP or Dell or Sony or anyone else. Macbooks are good because they aren't cheap. Acer actually makes some extremely nice laptops, the S7 for example (Linus loves em), but they are very expensive.

Also running a laptop 24/7 is probably bad no matter what laptop it is :PxD

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'll give you one very hard life lesson about laptops specifically: You get what you pay for.

Most of Acer laptops are complete shit. Know why? Because they're cheap sub $400 pieces of garbage.

Though every other laptop under $400 is pretty much also a piece of garbage, whether it's ASUS or HP or Dell or Sony or anyone else. Macbooks are good because they aren't cheap. Acer actually makes some extremely nice laptops, the S7 for example (Linus loves em), but they are very expensive.

Also running a laptop 24/7 is probably bad no matter what laptop it is :PxD

yep learned it the hard way.

that's why If I'll be buying a laptop anything below 2000$ on a brand that I find reliable is a no go for me.

hahaha yeah but even if I buy a laptop or build a new rig I'll still run em 24/7 although I'd expect something to last a year and a half at least to make the most of my money :)

Live your life like a dream.

Not that your points are not technically valid but I argue just how relevant physical retail stores still are. Sure there is some use for them by a certain demographic that doesn't likes buying things online but strangely enough wants to buy a new computer presumably to well, get online. But for the most part, people are really embracing Amazon and Ebay and such.

True, bricks and mortar stores are slowly becoming a thing of the past, however Apple know something we don't, they have spent significant sums creating a specific store design. to the point where they actually patented the style and look of a glass stairway.   It's sounds bloody stupid on the surface, but when we consider that 90% of apples marketing strategy is about appearance and culture, then supporting that with a physical presence makes so much more sense, and they want to stop people from undermining it so they patent design.

What I mean in a long winded way, there is still a place for bricks and mortar shops in the same way that there is still a bars and the like, its a culture thing now, not a service.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You're not wrong. IMHO, the physical store will eventually just become a glorified showroom for the likes of Wal-Mart and Amazon, where you simply only ever go to one when you want to try something out before buying it (checking out the sweet new Logitech G9001+ Mechanical Keyboard with wrist repulsor technology for ultimate comfort). (My opinion on where B&M stores are headed)

However, there is still a VERY LARGE portion of the population - at least here in Canada and the US (I assume other places as well) - who can't or won't shop online for one reason or the other. The elderly, for the most part, is one example. Another is the very large and very poor demographic - these are the types that go in to Best Buy and purchase the cheapest, shittiest laptop they can get their hands on (And then complain when it falls apart or when it is slow). This demographic tends to be very cheap (rightly so, if they have very limited money), and very computer illiterate.

Dell is pretty much the King of online purchases though - they showed that it's possible to run a computer retail business that has very minor physical presence.

This actually sounds like most of the non-EU, Canada, USA world.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.