Origin: EA you've done it again!

Norman_the_Owl

So recently i finished building my gaming PC and decided maybe it was time to try battlefield four out again.

So when i go to log in to origin, i cant remember my password which is no surprise seeing as last time i used it was when battlefield four first came out.

Naturally, i requested a password reset email... and never recieved it. Apparently this has been a very common problem.

Does anyone know any fixes to this, other than actually calling EA? Because the people who've done that told me it's, and i quote "Like a Jewish prisoner trying to reason with Goebbels"

Edit: I don't know if there is a better section for this, but whatever

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Ask for it to be emailed until it arrives

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

i've had to call them once before and i had a good experience. 

Wait. They come eventually. You will probably get multiple ones at once if you requested a reset more than once.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Wait. They come eventually. You will probably get multiple ones at once if you requested a reset more than once.

It's been several days

Check your spam and trash folders where the other people who say they cant find it.... find it.

Spam folder is void of anything origin.

Probably the only time I wish i actually received an e-mail from origin.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

What email are you using?

A comcast.net e-mail

I'm not going to share it for obvious reasons

heres a protip, write your passwords on a note pad file or a book in real life

A comcast.net e-mail

That might be the issue, with outlook ive never had an issue.

This is a problem with email services as far as I can remember.

That's a good way to put a lot of money worth of account information in one spot

A comcast.net e-mail

Comcast. The only company worse than EA.

My suggestion, create a gmail, outlook, or yahoo email address, and move on from there. Granted, it doesn't help you right now, but it'll benefit you in the future.

As for right now, i'd just give EA a call.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I did that once. Got my accounts hacked. xD

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

That's a good way to put a lot of money worth of account information in one spot

if they can access your files physically your already fcked.

all my pass words for important things are in a book on my shelf by my pc.

Comcast. the only company worse than EA.

My suggestion, create a gmail, outlook, or yahoo email address, and move on from there. Granted, it doesn't help you right now, but it'll benefit you in the future.

As for right now, i'd just give EA a call.

That's what i was planning on doing, i use a G-mail address as my primary.

I'll probably end up having to call EA, but it's probably not worth the time it's going to take just for battlefield four...

Edit: And i'm not an adult, and they have the worst policies in regard to children

if they can access your files physically your already fcked

How am i fucked if they're at my computer? My accounts are worth a lot more than a gaming PC, and it's not like i actually store anything of value on my hard drives

Edit: Assuming it's a robber or something

Is this guy serious?

-snip-

Yea, it's kinda the point of having E-mail recovery options...so that you don't have to do that....

thats because there servers are Pentium 4's @ 1.1GHz with 128mbs of ram xD

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

How am i fucked if they're at my computer? My accounts are worth a lot more than a gaming PC, and it's not like i actually store anything of value on my hard drives

Edit: Assuming it's a robber or something

the probability of a thief breaking into your house, taking the time to read a book by your pc, realising there account passwords, accessing said accounts, all before you realise you have had an intruder and simply cancel them all or changed them is smaller then worth worrying about 

So recently i finished building my gaming PC and decided maybe it was time to try battlefield four out again.

So when i go to log in to origin, i cant remember my password which is no surprise seeing as last time i used it was when battlefield four first came out.

Naturally, i requested a password reset email... and never recieved it. Apparently this has been a very common problem.

Does anyone know any fixes to this, other than actually calling EA? Because the people who've done that told me it's, and i quote "Like a Jewish prisoner trying to reason with Goebbels"

Edit: I don't know if there is a better section for this, but whatever

From now on OP, use Keepass.

http://keepass.info/

It stores all your passwords, completely encrypted, as well as other information such as email addresses, security questions, usernames, etc. I've had mine for several years and naturally it has hundreds of entries. Again, it's very safe and your database is fully encrypted. You can even create back-ups onto USB drives (and even if someone got hold of that USB drive, they can't access your passwords without decrypting it with your master password, which only you'll know in your head).

I did that once. Got my accounts hacked. xD

I think you have other issues if you get "hacked" for having written your password on a notepad, in your home.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Is this guy serious?

He obviously is, sorry we live in a place were we can store physical copies of our private details without the worry of getting them stolen.

Yea, it's kinda the point of having E-mail recovery options...so that you don't have to do that....

Or you could like ya know... remember things.... or write them down... or store them on your computer in a secure file..... or...

Yes EA suck's, you should know this, but Toddwjp's answer is legit.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

He obviously is, sorry we live in a place were we can store physical copies of our private details without the worry of getting them stolen.

Or you could like ya know... remember things.... or write them down... or store them on your computer in a secure file..... or...

Yes EA suck's, you should know this, but Toddwjp's answer is legit.

Stop giving awful, unsecure advice please.

Stop giving awful, unsecure advice please.

Unless you are fucking retarded that is all viable thing's to do. As much as you think it's not, it is.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530