So I have narrowed down my university major...to 11 things ;_;

TopWargamer

#TheStruggle 

There are quite a few things that I certainly wouldn't mind doing, but for a major I can only choose one. I am planning on minoring in some kind of business degree no matter what my major is. I was thinking about majoring in journalism, but not 100% sure.

I'd like your feedback, and no, I am not making a poll, because this isn't necessarily a "Which should I major in?" thread. Well I mean, it is, but I'm looking for opinions and not just a vote in a poll.

All majors can be found here: http://www.registrar.usf.edu/admissions/majors/

So here's what I'm thinking about majoring in...

(In no particular order) 

-Pre-Law

-Political Science

-Information Technology

-International Business

-General Business

-Economics

-Business Economics

-Computer Science 

-Computer Engineering 

-Accounting

-Journalism (under Mass Communications) 

General thoughts and opinions on the above majors would be well appreciated. 

COMIC SANS

I feel similar, everyone feels similar.  Are you a senior?  If not, you have time to think about it.  Otherwise, don't feel bad about changing your major in college.  Better to change your mind in college than after college.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

Political Science, so you can criticize ALL the politicians!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Oh my, I've at least managed to get mine down to just three.

1. Computer Engineering

2. Computer Science

3. Electrical Engineering

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

well my advice is to pick one yourself, if you pick something because someone on the internet said it would be fun then you might find yourself in something you don't wan't to do.

That being said I myself wan't to do IT or networking.

Oh my, I've at least managed to get mine down to just three.

1. Computer Engineering

2. Computer Science

3. Electrical Engineering

I want to do hardware engineering, which from what I understand is more specific electrical engineering.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I really can't understand how you got all of those, some are completely different from each other. and one thing i have to say don't let people choose for you, that will mark the rest of your life you choose it :D

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

-Computer Engineering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You build and code!!! This is what I'll be doing in the navy hopefully soon 

Yeah about that... @TopWargamer is a ginger...

oh faq... I got nothing then...

@TopWargamer, try contacting your guidance counselor... They usually give pretty solid advice.. That's how I ended up in Library and Information Sciences from Engineering...

Are you a senior? 

Yes sirey I am. I know I can change my major in college, but I feel that if I do that then I wasted money beforehand on the previous major. I just want to have some kind of solid path when I go into college. 

COMIC SANS

No I'm not.

o_O

Shh, don't deny you have no soul. :P

oh faq... I got nothing then...

:D

Yes sirey I am. I know I can change my major in college, but I feel that if I do that then I wasted money beforehand on the previous major. I just want to have some kind of solid path when I go into college. 

I am considering computer engineering also.  I think the career field for computer engineering is going to be interesting around the time we graduate college.  It will be around the time Moore's law is projected to come to an end and silicon processing reaches its limits.

This means that perhaps the industries will need lots more computer engineers as they try to research alternatives like graphene and quantum computing.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

Shh, don't deny you have no soul. :P

I dunno man... Last time I checked, my hair was a thick, lovely brown. 

8ec935a212.png

(And as you can tell by my eyes, I am extremely tired right now.) 

COMIC SANS

I am considering computer engineering also.  I think the career field for computer engineering is going to be interesting around the time we graduate college.  It will be around the time Moore's law is projected to come to an end and silicon processing reaches its limits.

This means that perhaps the industries will need lots more computer engineers as they try to research alternatives like graphene and quantum computing.

Hm, I have yet to consider this variable. I'll have to keep this in mind...

COMIC SANS

I dunno man... Last time I checked, my hair was a thick, lovely brown. 

-snips-

(And as you can tell by my eyes, I am extremely tired right now.) 

Go get some sleep and think about this in the morning..

Go get some sleep and think about this in the morning..

Sleep is for the weaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

COMIC SANS

Sleep is for the weaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Major in whateveer that interest you. You dont want to end up dragging yourself to work everyday right? The market changes constantly (so no point in going into a job that seemingly pays well but you dislike it)

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

If you dont know that you should be in engineering, you shouldn't be in engineering. You will only make your college experience suck, a lot.

When I was still in college it was very easy to spot the people who should not really be in engineering. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

#TheStruggle 

There are quite a few things that I certainly wouldn't mind doing, but for a major I can only choose one. I am planning on minoring in some kind of business degree no matter what my major is. I was thinking about majoring in journalism, but not 100% sure.

I'd like your feedback, and no, I am not making a poll, because this isn't necessarily a "Which should I major in?" thread. Well I mean, it is, but I'm looking for opinions and not just a vote in a poll.

All majors can be found here: http://www.registrar.usf.edu/admissions/majors/

So here's what I'm thinking about majoring in...

(In no particular order) 

-Pre-Law

-Political Science

-Information Technology

-International Business

-General Business

-Economics

-Business Economics

-Computer Science 

-Computer Engineering 

-Accounting

-Journalism (under Mass Communications) 

General thoughts and opinions on the above majors would be well appreciated. 

looking back on what i got after completing my university degree (Political Science and Public Policy), i kinda wished i had done something computer based.

So i guess look at what you have a great passion for and find something close to it

Looking for a job