My take on the (huge) Nexus 6/X

SSOB

Note: this is 100% speculation.

Okay, so after watching the wan show and the discussion about the Nexus 6' 5.9'' screen I came to a realization what Google is trying to do with the huge Nexus 6. As we know android L is trying to focus on something that has been present on iOS for years, real fluidity and animations, they even gave it a seperate name (Material Design.) Btw I'm not saying Google tries to compete directly with Apple but they kinda are honestly. The design of the next Nexus 6 will be almost the same as the Newly released Moto X (circular flash etc.)

moto-x-2014-1.JPG

My take on this is that Google is trying to do the same Apple did with the iPhones. Release Two screen sizes. What I have in mind is that the Moto X will be the smaller option and the Nexus 6 the bigger one. So that way you'll have two competitiors to compete with the 6 and 6+. ( X and 6 ). Now again, I am not saying they are competing with apple, I'm trying to say they are doing sort of a similar thing. 

So for all the people who say ;; The nexus 6 is too big, The Moto X 2014 isn't really that big and that device will probably function like the spiritual successor to the Nexus 5. The 5.9'' is in a way different league and will compete with phones like Note and iPhone 6+.

For me the ''confirm'' is that when the nexus 6 will be relased the Moto X will get the Android L update within a week if not instant.

Thanks for reading 

Interested in Business and Technology

I don't see the point of these continuous presumptions that they're mimicking the actions of each other. They're all trying to adapt to what the market wants and the market wants electronic rectangles with rounded corners in various sizes because people have different sized hands and different preferences. Google is competing with Apple and the other companies by trying to generate sales by having alternatives to other products, which is perfectly normal... If products were released in multiple screen sizes, it wouldn't be copying on Apple anyway. Samsung had Galaxy S-something phones with the "Mini" version of the same phone (more or less) released shortly afterward. Not that Google would be copying Samsung... because essentially all the companies except Apple have been releasing a variety of devices in different sizes with different specs and different specs with prices ranging from like $20 to $1000.

In fact it's Apple that's new with the multiple models scheme which sort of started with the 5c and that became serious with the new gen. So Google is definitely not responding to anything new.

I don't see the point of these continuous presumptions that they're mimicking the actions of each other. They're all trying to adapt to what the market wants and the market wants electronic rectangles with rounded corners in various sizes because people have different sized hands and different preferences. Google is competing with Apple and the other companies by trying to generate sales by having alternatives to other products, which is perfectly normal... If products were released in multiple screen sizes, it wouldn't be copying on Apple anyway. Samsung had Galaxy S-something phones with the "Mini" version of the same phone (more or less) released shortly afterward. Not that Google would be copying Samsung... because essentially all the companies except Apple have been releasing a variety of devices in different sizes with different specs and different specs with prices ranging from like $20 to $1000.

In fact it's Apple that's new with the multiple models scheme which sort of started with the 5c and that became serious with the new gen. So Google is definitely not responding to anything new.

Man I should not have mentioned Apple in my post. For some reason when people see the word ''Apple'' They imediatly come up with the worst arguments. It was just an example. I made this post for the people that are saying '' Well shouldn't be the nexus line be the refference phone model, the one size fits all''. My reply and take on this is that the Moto X is the smaller ''Nexus'' and the Nexus 6 will be the phablet. 

I'm not very excited about it, will keep my phone for at least 2 more years. I'm damn satisfied with my Nexus 5

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

I'm not very excited about it, will keep my phone for at least 2 more years. I'm damn satisfied with my Nexus 5

Nexus 5 is an awesome phone, if only it would have better batery life like the Xperia Z3... I guess you can't have it all haha

Man I should not have mentioned Apple in my post. For some reason when people see the word ''Apple'' They imediatly come up with the worst arguments. It was just an example. I made this post for the people that are saying '' Well shouldn't be the nexus line be the refference phone model, the one size fits all''. My reply and take on this is that the Moto X is the smaller ''Nexus'' and the Nexus 6 will be the phablet. 

My argument is not bad SSOB, I'm tackling the sloppy part of your OP so naturally the argument has to do with that part, not with your whole post. The sloppy part of your OP undermines your message.

Also the fact that you're wondering if Google is trying to compete with Apple is just an odd outlook on a market where everyone competes with everyone.

My argument is not bad SSOB, I'm tackling the sloppy part of your OP so naturally the argument has to do with that part, not with your whole post. The sloppy part of your OP undermines your message.

Also the fact that you're wondering if Google is trying to compete with Apple is just an odd outlook on a market where everyone competes with everyone.

Im trying to give en example so it's easier to understand. And I can say the argument is bad. That's why it's called an opinion maybe 1000 people will say it's good but if two say it's ''bad'' it's not wrong either. It's not like i'm saying that 2+2=5 or something.

Im trying to give en example so it's easier to understand. And I can say the argument is bad. That's why it's called an opinion maybe 1000 people will say it's good but if two say it's ''bad'' it's not wrong either. It's not like i'm saying that 2+2=5 or something.

Talking about business trends... you assume I'm hating on Apple because it's easier than actually responding. It's childish. My argument is not any worse than your speculation. You speculate that Google is emulating Apple, I'm saying that this "example" is ludicrous and fundamentally disregards market trends.

So basically you're suggesting the new nexus will be a moto XL?

If this was to be the case, I would want to see the moto x take a heavy price cut by google subsidising some of the cost, as they have done in the previous iterations of the nexus line.

I would still like to see a smaller nexus with a large battery and the same specs as the large one, as I would certainly get that, but otherwise I'll just get a OPO or nexus 5, as I don't like the idea of a 5.9" screen. In fact, even the 5.5" display on the OPO is too big IMO, 5" or less is my ideal, probably 4.5" if you really want my perfect choice in screen size.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Talking about business trends... you assume I'm hating on Apple because it's easier than actually responding. It's childish. My argument is not any worse than your speculation. You speculate that Google is emulating Apple, I'm saying that this "example" is ludicrous and fundamentally disregards market trends.

Again, I never said you were hating on apple, I suggested if I did not mentioned it in the OP you wouldn't come up with this discussion. 

My argument is not any worse than your speculation

Is an opinion and not based on facts.

The second part is the big BS IMO, Google is clearly trying to compete with apple like they been doing for years. The fact that you do not understand that they also are trying to intoduce two phone sized google vanilla devices is your fault. Calling it ''Ludicrous and fundamentally disregarding towards the ''market trends'''' is not true at all. Please don't get me started on things like Crossprice elasticity and things like that. If you disagree please come with factual information and sources on this, not some kind of made up facts that actually have nothing to do with economics at all.

So basically you're suggesting the new nexus will be a moto XL?

If this was to be the case, I would want to see the moto x take a heavy price cut by google subsidising some of the cost, as they have done in the previous iterations of the nexus line.

I would still like to see a smaller nexus with a large battery and the same specs as the large one, as I would certainly get that, but otherwise I'll just get a OPO or nexus 5, as I don't like the idea of a 5.9" screen. In fact, even the 5.5" display on the OPO is too big IMO, 5" or less is my ideal, probably 4.5" if you really want my perfect choice in screen size.

Yes and no. I actually thing the Moto X is the Nexus ''Mini'' . As for the screensize thing I absolutely agree, I think personally 4.8'' with thin bezels Is the sweetspot.

Google is clearly trying to compete with apple like they been doing for years. 

...Yes

The fact that you do not understand that they also are trying to intoduce two phone sized google vanilla devices is your fault

I understand that... That's not my point... you're a bit slow and that's your fault.

come with factual information and sources on this

I can't possibly have information for why I don't buy your weird speculation. You don't have information either. Not that I care, it's just your weird example that's clumsy. Either way we're getting lost on a tangent that you evidently don't understand yourself so I'll bail. Have fun.

Yes and no. I actually thing the Moto X is the Nexus ''Mini'' . As for the screensize thing I absolutely agree, I think personally 4.8'' with thin bezels Is the sweetspot.

At least it wasn't just me who thought google would be silly to just make a phablet and not have something to cater to the majority of people who don't have hands like gorillas.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Do I need to bring a ruler here boys?

You both bring valid points to the table, but sitting here whining at each other isn't going to accomplish anything.