Great Gaming Laptops under $3000

Hey all,

got a friend looking for good gaming laptops from about the 1.5-3K range. Any suggestions? Preferably not Alienware, they seem to be a ripoff.

Thanks.

razer blade

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Hey all,

got a friend looking for good gaming laptops from about the 1.5-3K range. Any suggestions? Preferably not Alienware, they seem to be a ripoff.

Thanks.

Wait for high end mobile Maxwell GPUs

"Rawr XD"

Why not build an epic desktop?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

That 3k display laptop linus did a video on looked pretty sweet.

CPU -  Intel i7 4770k 4.6Ghz     Motherboard - MSI GD-65    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB     GPU - XFX 295x2    Case - NZXT H440  

Storage - 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 ssd, 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm    PSU -  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2  Cooling - Corsair H80i     Keyboard - KGParadise v60 w/ cherry mx greens

Mouse -Theron  Sound - HyperX Cloud

Isn't the 800 mobile series already Maxwell? Never mind, it's not.

Then yeah, wait for the 900m, then get the updated Blade or X3/X3 Plus. The MSI GS60, X7, P35w v2, and G750JZ are nice too. It's hard to recommend a laptop though when you didn't say what you are looking for? Do you want a bigger screen? A smaller screen? A higher-res screen? Is weight a factor or would you rather have the absolute best hardware possible in a laptop? Will you need a lot of storage? These are all questions you need to ask yourself before you can choose a laptop. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

wait for the 980m to appear

(apparently its better then a gtx 770)

This would be the best idea.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Isn't the 800 mobile series already Maxwell?

870M and 880M are Kepler

"Rawr XD"

I highly recomend not getting gaming laptop. Even with good specs they do not proform well, hot and loud. And break often. If you still must. Sager and Clevo make some of the best laptops and made the orginal Alienware ones.

I highly recomend not getting gaming laptop. Even with good specs they do not proform well, hot and loud. And break often. If you still must. Sager and Clevo make some of the best laptops and made the orginal Alienware ones.

Not necessarily true. Here's a video by Linus on the G750jz. It's big and it can cool the parts just fine while staying quite quiet. It also performed very similarly to a similarly priced desktop. While it may not be optimal, it is sometimes worth it to trade a bit of performance for practicality and portability (i'm assuming that's why OP is going for a gaming laptop because as you said, desktops perform better)

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

My g550jk is fine. IDK what you're talking about. It stays cool and isn't very loud.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Cool, maybe there getttingn better. You mind posting a Fire Strike benchmark for that thing?

What does he need this laptop to do? Dropping 3 grand on a laptop is a little, overboard. He would be way better off splitting that budget and purchasing a laptop and a desktop. Then again, it highly depends on what he's trying to do with it.

wait for the next gen laptop gpu's. big stuff to come from those but if youre not looking to wait then join me in the razer blade club :D

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

MSI GS60/70 (with a 3K screen if you want it) for an ultrathin laptop with a 870M

Asus G750JZ or MSI GT72 with 880M for a more regular-sized laptop with a 880M

would've recommended the Sager NP9377-S configured for two 880M's in SLI for like $2500, but I'm not seeing that option anymore on websites. Maybe they're intentionally running low on stock, getting ready for 900M series?