Are there any good first person shooters left?

Trik'Stari

So this is half game search, half rant.

I was just playing battlefield bad company 2, a game which I used to love, but it's gotten to the point that almost every server with a decent ping that I try to play on, is ridiculously lopsided. The last server was conquest on the Heavy Metal map, the score when I joined in was 500 tickets to 5... seriously because that's legit possible, but that isn't my only problem lately.

Every game I play on that isn't a total hackfest, is full of complete bullshit. My example is BF4. The last time I played it, I was trying to use my m14 DMR (or whatever bf4 calls it) and every single time I would see someone, I'd get pretty much one shotted by a "Bulldog" which is according to the game, a bullpup .308 rifle. The problem with this is that:

a. They are the same caliber.

b. A bullpup .308 is going to have a shorter barrel than a DMR (designated marksman rifle) and thus less muzzle energy, and less lethality.

Yet, the gun was like, 3 times as powerful as a gun that should have outclassed it at range, but didn't. I can't seem to find any game where the weapons intended to be used at range aren't nerfed to fucking hell, and the weapons intended to be used in close quarters, aren't overpowered to shit, supposedly to "balance" the game. This is really starting to piss me off because I'm the type that thinks the guns should be realistic, at least in regards to lethality, and accuracy.

I just... seriously am getting sick of this trend in first person shooters where I can hit someone 2 or 3 times with what should be a 1 or 2 hit kill gun, and the person I'm shootin, from a distance, pretty much 1 shots me with and SMG, or the equivalent of an SMG (bullpup is roughly equal to SMG, shorter barrel means less muzzle energy, not to mention that a bullpup is intended for cqb), because that makes fucking sense. I won't pretend I am a god with a ranged weapon, but I was pretty damned good with a sniper rifle in bfbc2 on 360 way back when (like, the first 3 months or so after it came out), at least for a while.

I just can't find any first person shooters that seem fun anymore, it's either complete bullshit, or hackfest. Yes I could pick up an SMG or bullpup, but when I use them they seem to be airsoft guns, and I prefer sniper rifles to automatics, it's just my play style. I've played ARMA 2 before anyone mentions ARMA, and I hate that game. It's realistic yes, to the point (in my opinion) of not being fun, I just hate that engine entirely, the movement is shit, the inventory is shit, etc. (in my opinion, everything wrong with DayZ could be fixed by completely remaking the game with a different engine, even the COD engine would be more enjoyable).

So does anyone know of any good first person shooters that don't have these problems, and aren't a pay to win fest? I've played blacklight, which to me seems like a COD game with mechs (sort of), but I can't afford to get any decent gear, and the leveling takes for fucking ever (at least for me). Has anyone else noticed these problems with first person shooters as of late?

side note: I haven't played BF4 since the latest patch that supposedly "fixes" it. I assume because it's EA that it's still shit.

#RAGE

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Doom and Quake live. 

Battlefield 1942

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Toxikk is coming soon.

It has a huge learning curve but CS:GO is a great choice still. Other than that, I haven't found many either to be honest, I've mostly just stuck to single-player FPS games now due to the shit storm. Titanfall I found enjoyable but horribly unbalanced.

CS:GO

I picked it up after the disaster that was COD MW3.

Heroes and Generals is a cool free to play.  Its technically a beta.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

@Trik'Stari That one that Slick mentioned on a WAN show, I think it was Toxxik or something like that. I'll find it, give me a sec.

EDIT: yeah here ya go:

EDIT2: You'll be a fan of the "Designed exclusively for PC" part of it.

-snip

I've seen that, not sure how I feel about some of it's features. Like the lack of iron sight aiming. I like some realism in games, but I'd definitely give that a try

It has a huge learning curve but CS:GO is a great choice still. Other than that, I haven't found many either to be honest, I've mostly just stuck to single-player FPS games now due to the shit storm. Titanfall I found enjoyable but horribly unbalanced.

My problem with titanfall is that it doesn't have enough players in a match to be fun. The COD devs need to get their heads out of their asses and make a 32v32 game, or preferably a 64v64 game. The one thing I love about battlefield is the sheer number of people making it feel like complete and utter chaos, which is how combat should feel to some extent, I just get tired of bullshit "balancing" in every single game I play. I hate that they nerf the good weapons to make the idiots with no combat knowledge or skill feel like they have skill.

If you can't handle snipers, learn to serpentine or get the fuck out lol. Stop ruining my games >.<

TF2.

I'm done with FPS, but TF2 has always remained fun and never felt boring to me. Though to be fair, I've put maybe 40 hours into it in total :P I play once in a while for an hour or so, just to blow off some steam.

TF2.

I'm done with FPS, but TF2 has always remained fun and never felt boring to me. Though to be fair, I've put maybe 40 hours into it in total :P I play once in a while for an hour or so, just to blow off some steam.

It's really gun and fun game

Star Citizen maybe? Let's wait and see.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Seriously guys, stop throwing shit on Battlefield 4.Its a great game, just because you can't team work and can't shoot enemies that doesn't means that the game is shit. I do agree that there are some bugs, net code issues but they will be fixed or they have been rectified.

I pirated Battlefield Bad company 2 just to see how it is, there were lots of hackers in multiplayer but still I was at top in scoreboard. It's because I DONT FUCKING MOAN, I KEEP TRYING AND TRYING.

No recent/current games are "realistic shooters". This is because it's been proven that most people don't actually like playing them.

Yea CS GO but damage isnt really realistic but I don't think it needs to be as long as it's balanced.

I've seen that, not sure how I feel about some of it's features. Like the lack of iron sight aiming. I like some realism in games, but I'd definitely give that a try

My problem with titanfall is that it doesn't have enough players in a match to be fun. The COD devs need to get their heads out of their asses and make a 32v32 game, or preferably a 64v64 game. The one thing I love about battlefield is the sheer number of people making it feel like complete and utter chaos, which is how combat should feel to some extent, I just get tired of bullshit "balancing" in every single game I play. I hate that they nerf the good weapons to make the idiots with no combat knowledge or skill feel like they have skill.

If you can't handle snipers, learn to serpentine or get the fuck out lol. Stop ruining my games >.<

But that's not cod and not one single map on cod is big enough for that many people to say the least. Also you probably already know this but the engine is broken as shit.

Get on insurgency. It's fu**ing great.

Besides that BF4 is actually functional now and is lots of fun.

And CS:GO is pretty much what I play daily.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

CSGO is what I play the most. and sometimes BF4 for some random fun.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Seriously guys, stop throwing shit on Battlefield 4.Its a great game, just because you can't team work and can't shoot enemies that doesn't means that the game is shit. I do agree that there are some bugs, net code issues but they will be fixed or they have been rectified.

I pirated Battlefield Bad company 2 just to see how it is, there were lots of hackers in multiplayer but still I was at top in scoreboard. It's because I DONT FUCKING MOAN, I KEEP TRYING AND TRYING.

Sorry, but I call any game where they nerf the ranged weapons and overpower the SMG's to hell, broken.

Unless they've fixed that, and fixed sniping as a whole (no more slow moving bullets) then it's still broken. I'd give it another try but I don't feel like waiting 10 hours for it to download. Unless enough people on here say that it's actually been fixed. Every time they've come out with a patch thats "fixed it", I've only noticed it getting worse. Just saying that's been my experience.

But that's not cod and not one single map on cod is big enough for that many people to say the least. Also you probably already know this but the engine is broken as shit.

I disagree on size, there are 1 or 2 maps on bf4 and bf3 that are a little bit bigger than nuke town and have 32v32 team deathmatch, granted they are pure fucking chaos. I do agree that COD needs to go back to the drawing board with it's engine. That or just go away entirely lol.

So has anyone else played since the bf4 patch? Has it actually gotten better for once instead of just getting worse?

Sorry, but I call any game where they nerf the ranged weapons and overpower the SMG's to hell, broken.

Unless they've fixed that, and fixed sniping as a whole (no more slow moving bullets) then it's still broken. I'd give it another try but I don't feel like waiting 10 hours for it to download. Unless enough people on here say that it's actually been fixed. Every time they've come out with a patch thats "fixed it", I've only noticed it getting worse. Just saying that's been my experience.

The new patch I guess fixes almost every problem. They do have tweaked the weapons in that patch.

The new patch I guess fixes almost every problem. They do have tweaked the weapons in that patch.

About time. That's been my biggest problem with the game other than the netcode issues. I just can't decide if it's worth downloading the entire thing for like the 3rd time. Probably gonna watch some videos on youtube to see what other people think.

About time. That's been my biggest problem with the game other than the netcode issues. I just can't decide if it's worth downloading the entire thing for like the 3rd time. Probably gonna watch some videos on youtube to see what other people think.

They say that it's the biggest patch ever. I have good feelings for it.

So has anyone else played since the bf4 patch? Has it actually gotten better for once instead of just getting worse?

Better and worse.

Check Battlelog forum.

The last patch was mostly cosmetic crap and next to no bug fixes.

it's also causing a lot of problem.with framerates nose diving on good systems.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493995444463/1/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064785082102801/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150494054189305/

The new damage model which was forced onto people with ZERO input from anyone participating in the CTE

makes any gun under 800rpm pretty much useless and hit are not being properly registered, the client registers

them but the server drops them   DICE ignored all the complaints about it in the CTE and just put it in anyways.

Hit packets are piling up and being sent all at once more then usual, so expect 1 frame deaths.

Now stay tuned for "Fix your PC"....blah blah blah.