Are there any good first person shooters left?

Trik'Stari

TF2.

I'm done with FPS, but TF2 has always remained fun and never felt boring to me. Though to be fair, I've put maybe 40 hours into it in total :P I play once in a while for an hour or so, just to blow off some steam.

Conga Simulator 2014

tumblr_n7g359CD7d1qe2qqzo3_400.gif

Because he had a hard drive.

The new patch I guess fixes almost every problem. They do have tweaked the weapons in that patch.

The "Fixes" were cosmetic and gameplay crap. Not bugs.

Months were wasted on the CTE, all the bugs from 11 months ago are still present.

Better and worse.

Check Battlelog forum.

The last patch was mostly cosmetic crap and next to no bug fixes.

it's also causing a lot of problem.with framerates nose diving on good systems.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493995444463/1/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064785082102801/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150494054189305/

The new damage model which was forced onto people with ZERO input from anyone participating in the CTE

makes any gun under 800rpm pretty much useless and hit are not being properly registered, the client registers

them but the server drops them DICE ignored all the complaints about it in the CTE and just put it in anyways.

Hit packets are piling up and being sent all at once more then usual, so expect 1 frame deaths.

Now stay tuned for "Fix your PC"....blah blah blah.

It just makes me cry. Sorry dice you have forced me to do this, now I am gonna pirate the game.

Conga Simulator 2014

tumblr_n7g359CD7d1qe2qqzo3_400.gif

That wasn't a great update after all. All they make is just hats and other cosmetics, maybe few guns after many many months and few maps after many many many many months.

It just makes me cry. Sorry dice you have forced me to do this, now I am gonna pirate the game.

I'm guessing you'd do that anyways.  Enjoy single player.

The "Fixes" were cosmetic and gameplay crap. Not bugs.

Months were wasted on the CTE, all the bugs from 11 months ago are still present.

I can't expect this from dice. They are fucktards. I can even even believe that dice gave high-priority to cosmetics while leaving behind the uncompleted core of the game. Weirdo. It just makes me sad. So sad. I had dreams about how I am gonna play bf4 and now they are completely shattered. I feel like dice is making much better products for dirty console peasants that for glorious master race. Something is wrong, someone is starting a conspiracy.

Ugh, went to install battlefield 4, didn't realize I was putting in the disc for battlefield 3 (just woke up, not fully awake lol). And I then realized I don't have a disc for bf4, and have to download the whole thing >.<

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm guessing you'd do that anyways. Enjoy single player.

Thnx for correcting me. I am never into just playing single play. Looks like then I have to buy. FUCK you dice and fuck you ea straight in your crappy eyes

Ugh, went to install battlefield 4, didn't realize I was putting in the disc for battlefield 3 (just woke up, not fully awake lol). And I then realized I don't have a disc for bf4, and have to download the whole thing >.<

Lol. Just download it.

Lol. Just download it.

I am now, but 25 gigs for the base game, and even more for the expansions is a hell of a lot to download lol

I have CS:S and CS:GO, I quite like them.  In the single player realm DOOM II with Brutal (on GzDoom for me) all the way.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

I am now, but 25 gigs for the base game, and even more for the expansions is a hell of a lot to download lol

50.2GB.

50.2GB.

Jesus, fucking, christ. I guess I'll be playing tomorrow then.....

sniper elite 3 ?

I've never actually played any of those games, any good?

i enjoy playing them

110% On the rails.

If your into that.,

i enjoy playing them

110% On the rails.

If your into that.,

Guess I'll give it a look on totalbiscuits channel at least.

Jesus, fucking, christ. I guess I'll be playing tomorrow then.....

But some people say that the core of the game has been improved

My problem with titanfall is that it doesn't have enough players in a match to be fun. The COD devs need to get their heads out of their asses and make a 32v32 game, or preferably a 64v64 game. The one thing I love about battlefield is the sheer number of people making it feel like complete and utter chaos, which is how combat should feel to some extent, I just get tired of bullshit "balancing" in every single game I play. I hate that they nerf the good weapons to make the idiots with no combat knowledge or skill feel like they have skill.

If you can't handle snipers, learn to serpentine or get the fuck out lol. Stop ruining my games >.<

Yeah more players is always better, I do like the tactical ability you can have with smaller teams but Titanfall isn't really designed for that. Balancing is sort of necessary in a way, in Titanfall my main issue is the SMART pistol since it takes zero skill to use. Would that to be removed, it would be a great game.

Trik I would recommend:

Insurgency

Planetside 2 (think battlefield 2143)

CS GO

TF2 (just for shits and giggles) 

Rising Storm

-snip-

I disagree on size, there are 1 or 2 maps on bf4 and bf3 that are a little bit bigger than nuke town and have 32v32 team deathmatch, granted they are pure fucking chaos. I do agree that COD needs to go back to the drawing board with it's engine. That or just go away entirely lol.

-snip-

just because you can play 32 people on them doesnt mean they are meant for it.

I miss the days of battlefield 2. Bad Company and Bad Company 2 had something to offer that was interesting but with BF3 and 4 theyre just going in the wrong direction.

So this is half game search, half rant.

I was just playing battlefield bad company 2, a game which I used to love, but it's gotten to the point that almost every server with a decent ping that I try to play on, is ridiculously lopsided. The last server was conquest on the Heavy Metal map, the score when I joined in was 500 tickets to 5... seriously because that's legit possible, but that isn't my only problem lately.

Every game I play on that isn't a total hackfest, is full of complete bullshit. My example is BF4. The last time I played it, I was trying to use my m14 DMR (or whatever bf4 calls it) and every single time I would see someone, I'd get pretty much one shotted by a "Bulldog" which is according to the game, a bullpup .308 rifle. The problem with this is that:

a. They are the same caliber.

b. A bullpup .308 is going to have a shorter barrel than a DMR (designated marksman rifle) and thus less muzzle energy, and less lethality.

Yet, the gun was like, 3 times as powerful as a gun that should have outclassed it at range, but didn't. I can't seem to find any game where the weapons intended to be used at range aren't nerfed to fucking hell, and the weapons intended to be used in close quarters, aren't overpowered to shit, supposedly to "balance" the game. This is really starting to piss me off because I'm the type that thinks the guns should be realistic, at least in regards to lethality, and accuracy.

I just... seriously am getting sick of this trend in first person shooters where I can hit someone 2 or 3 times with what should be a 1 or 2 hit kill gun, and the person I'm shootin, from a distance, pretty much 1 shots me with and SMG, or the equivalent of an SMG (bullpup is roughly equal to SMG, shorter barrel means less muzzle energy, not to mention that a bullpup is intended for cqb), because that makes fucking sense. I won't pretend I am a god with a ranged weapon, but I was pretty damned good with a sniper rifle in bfbc2 on 360 way back when (like, the first 3 months or so after it came out), at least for a while.

I just can't find any first person shooters that seem fun anymore, it's either complete bullshit, or hackfest. Yes I could pick up an SMG or bullpup, but when I use them they seem to be airsoft guns, and I prefer sniper rifles to automatics, it's just my play style. I've played ARMA 2 before anyone mentions ARMA, and I hate that game. It's realistic yes, to the point (in my opinion) of not being fun, I just hate that engine entirely, the movement is shit, the inventory is shit, etc. (in my opinion, everything wrong with DayZ could be fixed by completely remaking the game with a different engine, even the COD engine would be more enjoyable).

So does anyone know of any good first person shooters that don't have these problems, and aren't a pay to win fest? I've played blacklight, which to me seems like a COD game with mechs (sort of), but I can't afford to get any decent gear, and the leveling takes for fucking ever (at least for me). Has anyone else noticed these problems with first person shooters as of late?

side note: I haven't played BF4 since the latest patch that supposedly "fixes" it. I assume because it's EA that it's still shit.

#RAGE

are you sure you know what exactly a bullpup is? you keep going on about a bullpup having a shorter barrel when it is infact the opposite most of the time, bullpup is just the name for a firearm when it is configured with the action and magazine are behind the trigger group closer to your face, thus creating a longer barrel as it does not waste space and the eentire length of the firearm just about is barrel. so if you had the same firearm, one configured bullpup and the other not, the bullpup would have the longer barrel despite both firearms being the same length.