Amazon Customer Service Strikes Again (In a good way)

Quantum

So I basically got a free G502 and sunglasses from Amazon for a super small mistake that happened because of USPS.  So basically my problem was that USPS didn't deliver my item because it didn't fit inside the mailbox and didn't bother knocking on my door. And they didn't bother leaving a slip saying they tried to deliver. But even that was a super small problem and I was nitpicking to be honest. So I decided to contact Amazon about it, but I didn't expect anything to come out of it. So the person helping me out decided to just send me a new G502 with one day shipping and refund me the price of the sunglasses. So now my friend and I both have a G502 for the price of one.

I love Amazon Customer Service. 

Here's the chat log:

02:15 AM PDT Kenneth: Hello
02:15 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): Hello, my name is Sindhuja. I'll certainly try to help regarding your concern.
I am sorry for the trouble caused 
May I please have the order id? 
02:16 AM PDT Kenneth: Uh just give me a second

02:16 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): Thank you 
02:17 AM PDT Kenneth: So my problem is that USPS did not deliver my item as they claim it didn't fit my mail box, but I'd think they would put it at my front door as the usually do... 
02:17 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): I have checked and see that this package has been delivered to you on September 24, 2014 
Can you please confirm the name of the item you are referring to? 
02:17 AM PDT Kenneth: It's regarding Shipment 2
02:18 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): with 2 items? 
02:18 AM PDT Kenneth: Yes
02:18 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): Please do not worry 
I will be happy to issue a refund for you 
02:18 AM PDT Kenneth: A refund isn't necessary 
I want the items
02:19 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): Out of the 2, only one item can be replaced as it is sold and shipped by Amazon 
The other item is fulfilled by Amazon 
Hence only a refund can be issued 
I am sorry for the trouble 
02:19 AM PDT Kenneth: It's okay, a refund won't be necessary
02:20 AM PDT Kenneth: I just wanted to inform you about my situation
and if there was anything you could do with it
since there was no ring on my bell or anything to inform me my package has came
all USPS tried to do was fit a box that obviously didn't fit in the mail box and say it did not fit the mail box
02:21 AM PDT Kenneth: and leave
02:21 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): In that case, I can send a replacement for Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse with Fully Customizable Surface, Weight and Balance Tuning (910-004074) and a refund for 
Flat Matte Reflective Revo Color Lens Large Wayfarers Style Sunglasses - UV400 (Black Crimson) 
will that help? 
02:21 AM PDT Kenneth: What would happen to the other order
and what would be the ETA of them?
02:23 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): I will try to send it with one day shipping speed 
02:24 AM PDT Kenneth: Okay
02:25 AM PDT Kenneth: so eta would be Thursday?
02:27 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): We have a same day delivery available on this item 
you will receive it on Wednesday, October 1, 2014 
02:28 AM PDT Kenneth: Okay thank you so much for your help!
I really do appreciate the help
02:29 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): I have sent a confirmation e-mail. Can you confirm if you have received it please?
02:30 AM PDT Kenneth: Yes I have received it
02:30 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): Thank you 
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
02:30 AM PDT Kenneth: Uh yes
So 
this covers one of the items
What about the other one
02:30 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): yes 
02:31 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): I have refunded the amount of the other item back to your account 
02:31 AM PDT Kenneth: So I just need to reorder it and I'm good to go correct?
02:31 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): yes 
02:31 AM PDT Kenneth: Okay
so one last question
02:32 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): yes please 
02:32 AM PDT Kenneth: If the order from USPS comes tomorrow
I just simply return it
02:32 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): yes please 
Just refuse the item 
02:33 AM PDT Kenneth: Okay, what I can do to make this easier on us is to go online 
and tell USPS to ship it back to you guys
as that is an option on their site
02:34 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): I am very sorry but we do not have that option 
02:34 AM PDT Kenneth: But with the tracking code
provided
I can go on UPSs site
to get the tracking number for USPS
02:35 AM PDT Kenneth: and since i missed my delivery date
they have given me the option to reschedule a delivery
or simply return the item
02:35 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): I have a better option for you 
02:36 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): Once you receive the item, Please keep it as a good will gesture 
02:36 AM PDT Kenneth: ...oh my god...
i love you
02:36 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): Thank you Kenneth 
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
02:36 AM PDT Kenneth: you seriously just made my day
thank you so much
i dont know what to say
02:36 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): No problem, I'm glad I was able to help
It was a pleasure to assist you with this. Thank you for contacting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again.
02:37 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): Bye!
02:37 AM PDT Kenneth: bye!
thank you again!
02:37 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): Bye!

I contacted Amazon again to make sure I really could keep it and I was told I could. 

9w2sy7s.jpg

5yLolE7.jpg

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Amazon customer service has always been amazing.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Amazon customer service has always been amazing.

Yeah I've heard they were amazing, but experiencing it first hand just makes it even better. 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

And this is why I almost exclusively shop at Amazon.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Can I have the one you got for free? :P

I joke. I love Amazon's customer service. I have had no issues with it in the past. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

And this is why I almost exclusively shop at Amazon.

And now I will as well

Very cool story. How is the mouse, btw? I had my eye on it but bought an M65 instead.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Very cool story. How is the mouse, btw? I had my eye on it but bought an M65 instead.

I love it so far.  My only gripe would be the blue, but that would be me nitpicking and wanting a color matching build.  Would be nice to have a RGB G logo on the mouse.   

That's fucking awesome, pardon my french.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Amazon is so cool with how they handle things. That's how you're supposed to win customers over.

Amazon is so cool with how they handle things. That's how you're supposed to win customers over.

No kidding. My problem wasn't even bad at all and they went above and beyond my expectations. 

02:35 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): I have a better option for you 

02:36 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): Once you receive the item, Please keep it as a good will gesture 

02:36 AM PDT Kenneth: ...oh my god...

i love you

02:36 AM PDT Sindhuja(Amazon): Thank you Kenneth 

Favourite part :D

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Favourite part :D

Mine too  :lol:

That sounds nice. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Amazon support has been excellent so far, however interesting how in the beginning they wanted you to ship the old one back but when you briefly "insisted" on returning it your way, he just told you to keep it lol.

GG much RE amazon

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

tumblr_mxd6a0uYeo1qaimveo1_400.gif

Think imma get a smaller mailbox. 

post-56112-0-14155500-1412551897.png

You break it, you buy it.

I break it, I buy it, take it home, reverse engineer it, begin manufacture, sell the product and put the other company out of business.

Amazon support has been excellent so far, however interesting how in the beginning they wanted you to ship the old one back but when you briefly "insisted" on returning it your way, he just told you to keep it lol.

GG much RE amazon

I know right. And this was the night before the original package came, so if I didn't contact Amazon about it, I wouldn't have gotten another g502. 

tumblr_mxd6a0uYeo1qaimveo1_400.gif

Think imma get a smaller mailbox. 

The funny thing is that it did, but USPS claimed it didn't so they didn't deliver it.  

I still think that supporting companies like Amazon is a mistake.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

The funny thing is that it did, but USPS claimed it didn't so they didn't deliver it.  

I wasn't really saying that it was bullsh*t, i was just jealous you got a free mouse  :angry:

I still think that supporting companies like Amazon is a mistake.

'Like Amazon', what do you mean by this? 

If you give the Indians a chance they are really helpful.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

If you give the Indians a chance they are really helpful.

Hindus or Native Americans?

Because he had a hard drive.