3D Printing

jinroh10

Hello all, I was wondering if any of you guys and gals have done any 3D printing and if so is it expensive? Also besides a picture to have it done what else is needed to have the 3D printing done?

you need a printer.

and that is the big problem.

look at @Barnacules channel he has some great videos on 3D printing.

I thought you can do it online and have a second party do it.

you can, but it is expensive.

and its not really fun either.

the great thing about 3D printing is that you can do one print, improve something, print again and so on.

if somebody else prints it, it takes a long time so that isnt really possible.

There are some places that will let you do that. However they usually demand more than a picture.Usually they want a 3D model.

There are also shops that allows you to do 3D printing. Usually these places will help you do the 3D model.

Which stores you can use depend on your location. There are probably either a chain store or a local store in your area.

I'm probably not to much more help than this. There aren't any 3D printing places in my area, and my only experience with 3D printing is with the printers at my wife's workplace.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

you can, but it is expensive.

and its not really fun either.

the great thing about 3D printing is that you can do one print, improve something, print again and so on.

if somebody else prints it, it takes a long time so that isnt really possible.

Ooooh, see I didn't know that.

There are some places that will let you do that. However they usually demand more than a picture.Usually they want a 3D model.

There are also shops that allows you to do 3D printing. Usually these places will help you do the 3D model.

Which stores you can use depend on your location. There are probably either a chain store or a local store in your area.

I'm probably not to much more help than this. There aren't any 3D printing places in my area, and my only experience with 3D printing is with the printer at my wife's workplace.

Wow...at least you know someone with one.

Wow...at least you know someone with one.

Did a bit of checking.

If you are in the US, the UPS Store offers 3D printing: http://www.theupsstore.com/small-business-solutions/Pages/3D-printing.aspx

It is pretty cool to be able to make 3D plastic models to your own specifications.

Unfortunatly their 3D metal printer and 3D paper printer are off limits to me. But I have almost unllimited access to their plastic printers.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Did a bit of checking.

If you are in the US, the UPS Store offers 3D printing: http://www.theupsstore.com/small-business-solutions/Pages/3D-printing.aspx

It is pretty cool to be able to make 3D plastic models to your own specifications.

Unfortunatly their 3D metal printer and 3D paper printer is off limits for me. But I have almost unllimited access to their plastic printers.

Really....u rock, thanks for that information! !