Apple to show new iPads, retina iMacs and OS X Yosemite on October 16

Heisenbleurgh

I just want a new Mac Mini :(

to add on to this... a Mac Mini with a dedicated GPU

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

to add on to this... a Mac Mini with a dedicated GPU

Unlikely but what would be awesome would be external GPU dock via ThunderBolt or USB-C w/ DP that works OOB.

\

Unlikely but what would be awesome would be external GPU dock via ThunderBolt or USB-C w/ DP that works OOB.

Don't see why it'd be unlikely when they had dedicated GPUs in the past (HD 6630M), but eGPU compatibility would be just as good.  

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

Don't see why it'd be unlikely when they had dedicated GPUs in the past (HD 6630M), but eGPU compatibility would be just as good.  

Space and Heat might be one of the reasons. Don't get me wrong, I would love a GPU in a Mac Mini, but I would also prefer a eGPU that I could drop a GTX 980 *Stares at GPU box* into. I think apple will stick to iGPU on there Mac Mini's unless someone comes out with a Mega powerful GPU that is small, not power hunger and low heat. (Something like Maxwell but better.)

\

Space and Heat might be one of the reasons. Don't get me wrong, I would love a GPU in a Mac Mini, but I would also prefer a eGPU that I could drop a GTX 980 *Stares at GPU box* into. I think apple will stick to iGPU on there Mac Mini's unless someone comes out with a Mega powerful GPU that is small, not power hunger and low heat. (Something like Maxwell but better.)

If they were able to do all that fancy cooling with the Mac Pro then I imagine they can figure out how to efficiently cool the Mac Mini.

A total redesign would be cool, especially if it's like a even smaller Mac Pro. But the Mac Minis really don't seem to about power looking the current and past GPUs. 

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

If they were able to do all that fancy cooling with the Mac Pro then I imagine they can figure out how to cool a Mac Mini.

A total redesign would be cool, especially if it's like a even smaller Mac Pro. But the Mac Minis really don't seem to about power looking the current and past GPUs. 

Yeah, I still don't get why they don't offer the OS X Server Package on the Mac Mini and not the Mac Pro....

\

Nvidia will get it sorted asap :P Well I shouldn't need Web Drivers if OS X has drivers but yeah I will grab them anyway :D. Going to add you to my post now.

The Web drivers is needed for potential CUDA support, and some better performance.

Also just some clarification, 10.10 Beta 1 has some support for 290x and Beta 4 has Maxwell support so some extent. Both are still very much in development, and some people have no issues, while others run into some.

It seems folks with classic Mac Pros have a much better time than hackintoshes at the moment.

In response to the Mac Mini comments, I agree. They really get a decent mGPU in there with the right cooling and new design.

Hell if they went back to the Thick iMac design I bet they could squeeze in a desktop Max well GPU as well. Just use that extra thickness as a heat sink.

I'm not fond of them constantly trying to make thing thinner. It's meaningless on the desktop. While I really like my Mac Pro for size, performance, and especially acoustics, I really wouldn't mind if it was bigger and could take desktop cards either. 

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

The Web drivers is needed for potential CUDA support, and some better performance.

Also just some clarification, 10.10 Beta 1 has some support for 290x and Beta 4 has Maxwell support so some extent. Both are still very much in development, and some people have no issues, while others run into some.

It seems folks with classic Mac Pros have a much better time than hackintoshes at the moment.

Well yes they would since they don't need to create a custom bootloader and kexts to make the system work. Also Apple how released their GM so the final copy it almost ready.

\

Well yes they would since they don't need to create a custom bootloader and kexts to make the system work. Also Apple how released their GM so the final copy it almost ready.

Oh yes, not long now. It's why I'm holding out so much hope at the October event. 

Also for a decent Mac Mini refresh with a nice GPU.

Oh yes, not long now. It's why I'm holding out so much hope at the October event. 

Also for a decent Mac Mini refresh with a nice GPU.

The dreams are real :P

\

The dreams are real :P

Gotta keep them alive! :D

*sees apple thread*

*looks for builder*  ;)

me thinks i will be getting an air 2 my 3rd gen is getting really slow

wonder how long Yosemite will take to hackintosh

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

*sees apple thread*

*looks for builder*  ;)

me thinks i will be getting an air 2 my 3rd gen is getting really slow

wonder how long Yosemite will take to hackintosh

Same day as it is released since they are working on the Installers and other stuff as we speak.

\

It's rumored to be "thinner", so it likely can bend.

LOL, ok let's be serious. The iPad is always thin, I don't think it will bend, prove me wrong apple =P

Same day as it is released since they are working on the Installers and other stuff as we speak.

oooooooo i know what im doing that day then 

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

You mean I might actually be able to do a triple boot hackintosh? Still...nope, frugality compels me to restrain myself. Though it will be great to see Nvidia's Quadros back in the upcoming Mac Pros.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Was hoping for the rumoured retina display Macbook Air, although I'm kind of interested to see what Yosemite is like.  

I CAN'T WAIT FOR CONTINUITY!

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Hopefully the iMacs will come with the I7 49080HQ and run dual-graphics. Nothing like a desktop with good power efficiency :) I wonder if the top end one will cost more than my MBPr or not.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Hopefully the iMacs will come with the I7 49080HQ and run dual-graphics. Nothing like a desktop with good power efficiency :) I wonder if the top end one will cost more than my MBPr or not.

Of course it will. Around $800 more in fact. That's the way it is currently.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I CAN'T WAIT FOR CONTINUITY!

Me too. It is some really interesting stuff, and as an Android user I am pretty jealous... I hope Google can bring something similar to their platform soon... 

If it can some how work across any Desktop OS through the Chrome browser then that would be even better.

Of course it will. Around $800 more in fact. That's the way it is currently.

Not that they can even remotely justify adding $600 to the price tag just to get 32GB of RAM...

Not that they can even remotely justify adding $600 to the price tag just to get 32GB of RAM...

Well in that machine...it's 1600MHz SODIMMs...and you can upgrade the RAM yourself so it's sort of not an issue.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Knowing Apple, it would be a 1k purchase minimum, but I really did like the Cinema Displays of before and they are very nice to use. Hopefully there is something of an update to their monitors. 

I'm due for new ones, and I'll keep dreaming on them introducing HDMI inputs alongside displayport/thunderbolt inputs. Would love to have a AIO solution in my office so I can stop having a proper TV alongside my IPS monitor.

arent current thunderbolt displays already 1k?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015