Middle-earth - Shadow of Mordor Graphics Card Showdown

Why are the GTX 780 and 780Ti not included?

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Yes, Why?? I have the 780Ti, I'd like to know how it perform...

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

It is possible to unlock the frame cap, I've got an average of around 130fps with 2 780s in sli. 

Specs: Corsair 900D Chassis, Asus Sabertooth X99, Intel i7 5820k @ 4.2ghz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz DDR4, MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK-X, Corsair HX1000iW PSU, WD Black SN750 500GB NVME (Boot), WD 1TB NVME (Games), WD Red 4TB HDD (General Storage).

Watercooling: D5 Pump (EK Top), 2X 480MM Swiftech Rads, Apogee HD CPU Block.

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Chroma Keyboard, Razer Mamba-T Edition Mouse, Corsair Viod Pro Headset, BenQ XL2420T 120Hz Monitor.

Under \USER NAME\Documents\WB Games\Shadow of Mordor\
Open file "render.cfg"
Edit line 6 to "Render.Setting.FrameRateLimit" "3.000000"
Then run the game.
I'm running average of about 135fps which is nice with my 120Hz BenQ monitor.
Settings all on ultra with textures on high.

Specs:
3770K @5GHzWatermelons
2 EVGA GTX780 Hydrocopper Cards in SLI
16GB RAM

Specs: Corsair 900D Chassis, Asus Sabertooth X99, Intel i7 5820k @ 4.2ghz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz DDR4, MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK-X, Corsair HX1000iW PSU, WD Black SN750 500GB NVME (Boot), WD 1TB NVME (Games), WD Red 4TB HDD (General Storage).

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Chroma Keyboard, Razer Mamba-T Edition Mouse, Corsair Viod Pro Headset, BenQ XL2420T 120Hz Monitor.

I did not mean to call out 5GhzWatermelons there. It like autocompleted to his username for some reason.

BUUUUUU

Where is 780ti/Titan/780 ?

Especially Titan since vram seems to be an issue

Did you guys thought we all switched to 980/970 overnight? Don't you think we would like to see how our CURRENT cards perform?

Edit: And just saw you used the 780ti in the ingame part of the video (or at least at the option settings part), so it is good enough to play but not good enough to include in the benchmarks? What is this nonsense?

What the hell is going on in your heads? You definitely need to find a somehow consistent benchmark methodology.
Why do you suddenly stop overclocking the cards, why won't you include 780 TI and non TI in the benchmarks.
780 and 780 TI are the most important cards in my opinion, because they are dropping in price and you really want to see where the price to performance ratio lays compared to 900 series cards.
I am really confused by your choices..

That stealthy advertising though...

MIDDLE EARTH GRAPHICS COMPARISON

hey wanna buy a shirt?

I have the 780 ti aswell i it runs really well, all maxed

CPU: Intel i7-4770K Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB GPU: Gigabyte Geforece 780Ti 3GB "GHz Edition" Case: Corsair 760T "Black" Storage: Mostly SSDs PSU: Corsair RM750 750W 80 plus gold Fully modular Displays: Samsung S24C750 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60 280mm AIO Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G700 Sound: Sound Blaster Recon3D Omega Wireless (Dat name though) 

I have the 780 ti aswell i it runs really well, all maxed

ok, thanks. unfortunately, or not, this is not the kind of game i'd like to play. 

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

I'm sure it runs fine on 780/780Ti with all features maxed-out, after all, the 980 is only 10%-15% better in benchmarks so far. I'm sure the feeling is with such a marginal advantage, why run 780/780Ti since they are yesterday's need compared to the new 970/980s.

Using Tapatalk

Great video, I am really looking forward to playing this game

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

It performs really well. :P

With max everything 2560x1440 but High textures, avg 70 fps.  Ultra textures are still avg 60 fps but they weren't bluffing about the VRAM I guess, because I get random drops to 30 fps.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

That stealthy advertising though...

MIDDLE EARTH GRAPHICS COMPARISON

hey wanna buy a shirt?

Do you want it to be the other way around, because that will suck...I dont blame them, you need money to keep you going and if you can get a bit more for the future why not?

"Who are you the King of Siam, you got to get the best one? Who cares? They’re all the same these machines. They’re all made from the same asian suffering." - Louie Season 3 Episode 10, GO WATCH IT NOW.

On my 1680x1050 native resolution there is literally no performance difference between medium and high textures on my GTX 760 2GB (mesh quality + vegetation range on ultra, everything else on high + infused FXAA). Running at 35-60FPS - I'm sure, though that my Phenom II X4 965 (3,7Ghz) is a bottleneck. Not sure about 1080p though cause the game doesn't recognize custom resolutions. For me at least it runs suprisingly well - always very playable and really, really pretty!

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I did not mean to call out 5GhzWatermelons there. It like autocompleted to his username for some reason.

HAHA... Sooo are GHzWatermelons faster than normal Ghz or how does this work? :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Very interesting, I didn't think that the 970 and 980 would suffer that much at higher resolutions. Kinda happy that I went with an R9 290 now. Just to make sure, this isn't an "optimized for Nvidia" or "optimized for AMD" game, right? Also, as soon as the ultra textures are ready for download it would be interesting to know if you actually need 6GB of VRAM for them, because that's kinda insane.

Do you want it to be the other way around, because that will suck...I dont blame them, you need money to keep you going and if you can get a bit more for the future why not?

I don't mind it. In fact, I support it! I just thought it was a funny place to put it.

SLI users who are keen to get both GPU's in play.

SAUCE: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2181377&p=39#r768

The F.E.A.R 3 profile works perfectly well for this game. I'm having both cards work at above 90% and the improvement is massive. It uses the cards very well (no idea why it was not sorted prior to release.... given its such a simple change).

Use NVidia inspector to create a new profile for shadowofmordor.exe (think that was it's name under the games x64 directory) and set the SLi bits to the FEAR3 profile.

With 2x GTX680's I'm now running on high/ultra for most settings at about 60FPS on a 1440p screen.

I use g-sync so can't give a direct opinion on how smooth it will be for most.

From the steam community website:

1)GO to Nvidia Inspector
2) Select Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
3)Than go to Add application to current profile than brower and select Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor.exe.
4) Last and final select Fear 3 on SLI bits Compatibility bits(Dx1x) and than hit apply.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I would have liked to see 1440p benchmarks for the 4gb cards. The 4k benchmark was a nice addition though.

I don't mind it. In fact, I support it! I just thought it was a funny place to put it.

We tried to get the shirt in time to show it off on our Mod24 recap video from last week but customs OP :(