Being Invited to other organizations

_wky
Go to solution Solved by b45op,

The UOLTT view on the org stuff has been sort of fleshed out a bit by the council, that affiliates to the LTT will be better than non affiliates but wont hold rank in the org. If your buddies play in another org then by all means join them and affiliate to the uoltt, I have done just that as my buddies are in a smaller org, I may switch them over to the dark side with the promise of cookies however. If it is a random invite then I suggest ignoring it, there have been a lot of these and really it is just orgs trying to bolster the numbers, they are likely to crumble and crack under pressure when it is applied by the true large orgs such as the UOLTT, Imperium, LAMP and the stronger more cohesive smaller orgs.

As for intel well I think it will play a part but there will be so many people trying to do it that plans will be kept quite close in any organisation, big or small.

I've been invited to another organization, one that revolves around exploration and pirating.

Pirate Explorers [PIREX] - Glassware?

Anyway I was just wondering if I should join this org too as it might be useful to gather intel and such about raids they're planning and such.

Should I join and set my status to REDACTED, for both the LTT and PIREX or just PIREX etc?

Obviously engaging other LTT members would be a no go if I were to be on a raid and we encountered each other.

Thought I'd ask around as I'm not as knowledgeable as I'd like to be currently.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I think it's a personal choice to be honest. If you want to join then go for it. I'm not stopping you.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

It is up to you if you want to join other orgs, we are not an exclusive organisation.

Most of us have been invited to other orgs in the past, but those were only mass invites. I still have nightmares of the XPLOR debacle that happened not too long ago ;)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

It is up to you if you want to join other orgs, we are not an exclusive organisation.

Most of us have been invited to other orgs in the past, but those were only mass invites. I still have nightmares of the XPLOR debacle that happened not too long ago ;)

LOL yea the org invite spam got bad for a while there.

Should I join and set my status to REDACTED, for both the LTT and PIREX or just PIREX etc?

Obviously engaging other LTT members would be a no go if I were to be on a raid and we encountered each other.

Thought I'd ask around as I'm not as knowledgeable as I'd like to be currently.

From a intelligence POV, I wouldn't bother, they are to small to worry about, any large org with 1000+ dedicated members are where we should be keeping our eye on.

Orgs with mass affiliated members with have conflict of interests and will either blow themselves apart, disband or have little effect on us

The UOLTT view on the org stuff has been sort of fleshed out a bit by the council, that affiliates to the LTT will be better than non affiliates but wont hold rank in the org. If your buddies play in another org then by all means join them and affiliate to the uoltt, I have done just that as my buddies are in a smaller org, I may switch them over to the dark side with the promise of cookies however. If it is a random invite then I suggest ignoring it, there have been a lot of these and really it is just orgs trying to bolster the numbers, they are likely to crumble and crack under pressure when it is applied by the true large orgs such as the UOLTT, Imperium, LAMP and the stronger more cohesive smaller orgs.

As for intel well I think it will play a part but there will be so many people trying to do it that plans will be kept quite close in any organisation, big or small.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Just got an invite to PIREX myself.  If I had any idea who they were, maybe, but I'm not a big fan of random mass invites.

Just got an invite to PIREX myself.  If I had any idea who they were, maybe, but I'm not a big fan of random mass invites.

Yeah it seems now like it's probably a random invite, never heard of them and I' m recognizing any names.

I'm just gonna ignore it.

Also I thought I'd followed this post, but apparently not. Thanks for quoting, I'd've never known.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

2 years till release so until then not much *spying* is  going to be happening anyways. 

I only joined LTT SC grp because i was already a LTT forum member anyways. 

I suspect around launch audits will be made and loyalties will be tested.

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

2 years till release so until then not much *spying* is going to be happening anyways.

I only joined LTT SC grp because i was already a LTT forum member anyways.

I suspect around launch audits will be made and loyalties will be tested.

People are making plans now, it would be interesting to see if people are looking to overthrow LTT

Nobody overthrows LTT without going through me first!

And pretty much all our other 2046 well-respected, trusted full members ;)

2400 members total, yaay!

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

No-one Gets to UOLTT unless over my undead body!