How I Feel About Shadow Of Mordor?

armycombatvet7

no words. it is beyond amazing, fun, and unique. its strange how this company who pulled off creating an epic game could have an amazing release! no patches have been released for this game because there is nothing to fix. unless theres some bug in the storyline that no one has witnessed yet, but the controls are smooth, the counter attack works flawlessly (unlike in Arham City/Origins), and the graphics are perfect. if only skyrim, assassins's creed (all of them), or even watchdogs could have an engine like this one to power those worlds without any problems then i would have faith in the video game industry. i hope these guys win a bunch of awards in years to come, create more open world action rpg games, and maybe even give us a true lord of the rings game like skyrim but set in tolkien's imagination with the leveling system of SoM.

plus with a 780ti, no need to mess with the graphics settings. this card can run this game in ultra settings at 1080p without breaking a sweat....not even once! 60 or more beautiful frames per second (in the benchmark im not sure why it said 30 fps?)

also, im using an xbox one controller to play this game since i use one in skyrim and it just wouldnt feel right with a keyboard and mouse

post-89025-0-10436300-1412172130_thumb.j

post-89025-0-42022200-1412172136_thumb.j

post-89025-0-51468000-1412172148_thumb.j

post-89025-0-79236800-1412172153_thumb.j

post-89025-0-03409300-1412172161_thumb.j

post-89025-0-70037300-1412172190_thumb.j

post-89025-0-22129500-1412172198_thumb.j

post-89025-0-83308700-1412172201_thumb.j

post-89025-0-95189400-1412172207_thumb.j

post-89025-0-06907400-1412172217_thumb.j

post-89025-0-76376100-1412172267_thumb.j

post-89025-0-48208100-1412172279_thumb.j

post-89025-0-60113800-1412172289_thumb.j

post-89025-0-74202400-1412172295_thumb.j

post-89025-0-21192000-1412172300_thumb.j

Want want want! But no money, maybe next month!

Soo many games, not enough money to get any.

Put image in spoiler plz

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

just finished downloading when i had to go to work :( cant wait to play though

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

It's good, but it's not amazing. It feels like an inferior batman in Mordor minus the puzzles and the interesting characters/story. The story here is simple as a wooden wedge. But it is fun, I especially like some of the stealthy story missions. But while the Arkham games have all the gadgets that you acquire throughout the story here you are handed everything from the get-go afaik except the combat moves, so it becomes boring after a while and you don't really feel like you're advancing.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Seems a bit... Narrow for me. Kind of like The Witcher 2 did. One of those "decent action game, bad RPG" kind of experiences. Probably will save it for a big sale, but don't expect to like it much.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Seems a bit... Narrow for me. Kind of like The Witcher 2 did. One of those "decent action game, bad RPG" kind of experiences. Probably will save it for a big sale, but don't expect to like it much.

SoM not a good RPG because it was was never designed to be one. It is an action game like the Arkham titles or Assassin's Creed. If you're expecting an RPG you are looking at it wrong.

I'm only an hour in, but combat is really fun so far.

Performance wise, seems rock solid maxed out. Only problem I've ran into is that the 6GB VRAM that it wants for Ultra textures.

I "only" have 4GB, so it starts to use RAM instead. If I have anything else open, RAM fills, windows then errors and asks me to close it. So it seems that it does "need" the 6GB, even though the textures really don't look that much better from what I could tell.

I'm going to run with it on High from now on, but I think if you had 16GBs of RAM then you would probably be fine. Or maybe if I messed with my page file settings. Just not got enough motivation to do so when the changes are tiny.

(Oh and I have downloaded/installed the DLC for the Ultra textures, but the difference is still minimal)

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

SoM not a good RPG because it was was never designed to be one. It is an action game like the Arkham titles or Assassin's Creed. If you're expecting an RPG you are looking at it wrong.

Oh well then I won't buy it at all

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Performance wise, seems rock solid maxed out. Only problem I've ran into is that the 6GB VRAM that it wants for Ultra textures.

I "only" have 4GB, so it starts to use RAM instead. If I have anything else open, RAM fills, windows then errors and asks me to close it. So it seems that it does "need" the 6GB, even though the textures really don't look that much better from what I could tell.

I'm going to run with it on High from now on, but I think if you had 16GBs of RAM then you would probably be fine. Or maybe if I messed with my page file settings. Just not got enough motivation to do so when the changes are tiny.

(Oh and I have downloaded/installed the DLC for the Ultra textures, but the difference is still minimal)

i heard from totalbiscuit that the ultra setting us not there yet? It's in the menu but it will go with great instead.

i heard from totalbiscuit that the ultra setting us not there yet? It's in the menu but it will go with great instead.

It wasn't when he did it, but now you can download it as a free DLC. Like Skyrim was with its texture pack.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

I downloaded the ultra texture pack and tried it on my 970... I only saw it using 3.3-3.4gb vram in gpuz (vs 2.5-2.7 on high), and I didn't see it filling system ram at all. I don't think what you saw there is normal behavior lol... I didn't notice any noticeable visual difference between high and ultra though and it gave me some frame drops when exiting/entering the game's menus (still got smooth 60 fps when playing though), so I just play on high. Very little difference between high and ultra textures visually, so not really much point in using it anyway.

Watch some playthroughs on YouTube and see if it appeals to you. Yeah it's similar to the recent Batman games.

I personally find it a 7.5/10 game.

Buy it on sale.