Do "Gunnars" work?

Tadas

Hello,

I spend a lot of time in front of PC monitor, I know that it harms my eyes slowly, so I saw these "gunnar" glasses. $70 is a big price for me, so I want to be certain, that I won`t get s*** (sorry for my language :D). So maybe you guys tried it, do they really work? Does eyes seem to be less tired? Did you spot ANY difference? I know Linus and a lot of fellow PC channels reviewed them, but I want to hear out your guys (honest) opinions, and then I will make my final decision. I`m looking into INTERCEPT model (if that means anything). And most of my time, I spend on Youtube,Facebook, Reddit, Twitter and CS:GO.

Thank you. :)

there is no real permanent dmg, but if your eyes get tired they do work great yes

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I love mine!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

you dont need any opinions but your own. buy some from a place that has a great 30 day no hassle return policy and get a pair. 

you dont need any opinions but your own. buy some from a place that has a great 30 day no hassle return policy and get a pair. 

Can I order a pair to be shipped to Lithuania, does it even matter in return policy?

I've tried my friends out and I found no tangible benefit over dollarama glasses or wearing nothing at all.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

I use f.lux and its free.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

They work great. Way better than Flux.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Checkout f.lux. It does pretty much the same thing the glasses do except it is free :D (The goal of both the program "f.lux" and "Gunnar Glasses" is to reduce the blue light from your screen and add more yellow.)

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

I ended up buying them directly from Gunnars and shipping them to the UK ended up being around $120.  I love my Gunnars, they help alot, I wear them when using my PC, watching TV/films, playing on my consoles, and they help a lot. Well worth the price.

I have tried Flux but its not the same, Gunnars are a hell of a lot better.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Checkout f.lux. It does pretty much the same thing the glasses do except it is free :D (The goal of both the program "f.lux" and "Gunnar Glasses" is to reduce the blue light from your screen and add more yellow.)

can you link where i can get this?

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

can you link where i can get this?

https://justgetflux.com/

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Jayz from Jayztwocents uses them and says they are much better than f.lux.

I've been using Gunnars for two years and I wouldn't go back. While flux does do a good job, it's not great if you like actually playing games because the color will be off. With the Gunnars, you can't notice a color change. I stare at a computer screen for close to 10 hours a day and I can't use flux on my work PC, so the Gunnars were a no brainer for me.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

My Optometrist just laughed. Basically said if it did then why not wear sunglasses? Only works if you're gullible.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I've been using them for almost a year now and I find a deference when playing. I always play at night after a hard days work and find I play longer when wearing them.

For some people the reduction of higher intensity light that gunnars provide helps reduce eye strain and fatigue.  For some people they don't.  For yet others they don't really get eye strain from computers, and for others still they get eye strain no matter what.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

F.lux works for some, but it didn't work for me.. I don't have Gunnars, but have friends with them and have tried them. The Gunnars have helped me yet I can't afford to get them so I deal with my eyes bugging me. In which I suggest, just try out f.lux and if it doesn't work and you're willing to pay, try Gunnars.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

What no one can reduce the brightness of their monitors? :huh:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.