Windows 7 to Windows 9 for 30$? Rumor

Bogica

Hey guys,

Just a little update on the Windows 9 rumors, looks like windows 9 will for sure be free to windows 8 users. While on the other hand Windows 7 users will get a discount for sure, while some sources mention it being a 30$ (24e) upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 9.
Please read the source, it's worth it. :)
Cheers

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-7-to-Windows-9-Upgrade-to-Cost-30-Report-460354.shtml

According to Russian leaker WZor, who has already provided us with several accurate details on Windows 9, Microsoft is planning to make the upgrade from Windows 7 to this new operating system very affordable.

Although not yet confirmed, a $30 (€24) upgrade is very likely to be offered to those on Windows 7 who want to switch to Windows 9, with the whole process very likely to be conducted all automatically, without the need for a clean install.

That would be a very good reason to upgrade all my PC's to Win9, since it will also grant so much better preformance (if it will be anything like Win8) and having all my PC's on the same Windows version will make my job of system admin at home so much easier!

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I would buy it to upgrade my Windows 7. I would probably do a clean install though instead of an in-place upgrade.

Hope so. Wouldn't mind upgrading as long as it doesn't brick my machine. I guess best solution is to buy the upgrade, then wait for a while before implementing it?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Lies. It will be subscription only when the new TOS comes out, because MS withholds DX12.

I can't even mock that guy right. :/

Damn so many crack users wont get windows9... not that they should but it sucks cause the adoption will be slow again,and i also hope for a free W9 for 7-8 users especially if w9 will feature directx12.If in a year the majority switches to w9 we could hope for some nice games supporting dx12 in 2016.Guess im dreaming,we cant have nice things,like cheap g-sync monitors.

I wish the rumours would stop,unless its 100% said by MS officials people shouldnt just put out numbers like that.30$ where did they pull out that number from.

That would be a very good reason to upgrade all my PC's to Win9, since it will also grant so much better preformance (if it will be anything like Win8) and having all my PC's on the same Windows version will make my job of system admin at home so much easier!

Agreed. Well it looks like it is going to work better than Windows 8 (which already works slightly better than windows 7) so the upgrade is worth it. Some new features, DX 12 for gaming machines will be worth it. And I'm hoping it proves to be good since it's really frustrating maintaining a Win XP office PC, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Windows 7 32bit x2 PC's in the house on the same network, bloody nightmare. :)

Damn so many crack users wont get windows9... not that they should but it sucks cause the adoption will be slow again,and i also hope for a free W9 for 7-8 users especially if w9 will feature directx12.If in a year the majority switches to w9 we could hope for some nice games supporting dx12 in 2016.Guess im dreaming,we cant have nice things,like cheap g-sync monitors.

I wish the rumours would stop,unless its 100% said by MS officials people shouldnt just put out numbers like that.30$ where did they pull out that number from.

It's from a well knows source for leaking MS related news (it's all in the article). DX 12 will get adopted fast because it offers much better performance than DX 11 on the same hardware, some tests claim up to 50% more FPS. Cheap G-Sync monitors won't come, but AMD is making their own version and it's going to work across Nvidia and AMD cards and there will be NO FEES, which means manufacturers can make cheap FreeSync (AMD's G-Sync) monitors. Estimates are that they will be 100$ cheaper than G-Sync monitors with the same panels. :)

i hope they get rid of microsoft account BS.

And all those apps and what not.

An operating system, needs to be funcionality for desktop users.

I does not have to work as a smartphone lol.

I dont care about that crap.

I just want a stable and sollid OS.

If it was me then just give me the windows xp looks back :D

To bad Windows Longhorn never came...

pretty awesome if you ask me.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I just installed windows 8.1 pro in the 30 days trial period from my win 7.

So far I love the better multimonitor support, and with the button is is actually usable!

If the event will confirm everything again, I will buy 8.1 pro, then upgrade to TH/9

win8 was like 15$ for the first few months

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Lies. It will be subscription only when the new TOS comes out, because MS withholds DX12.

I can't even mock that guy right. :/

When they start subscription for the OS the world will burn in flames...its the worst of the worst :(

If it will be anywhere under £40 I will pay for an upgrade, maybe clean install w7 and upgrade.

I remember linus saying that MS wants all their devices on same version of windows, could this be it ?

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE