You thought EA was bad?

XTankSlayerX

Okay, get ready for a DLC fueled rant brought to you in part by Ubisoft.

So, for a while ive been wanting to learn guitar; so ubisoft's Rocksmith was sort of a god send.

I decided to buy Rocksmith 1 and give it a  go. IT was great. I learn enough to play a song all the way through with no hiccups.

Then I dropped off... for a year, completely forgot about it.

Fast forward a year, 2014 dropped, I dropped. Everything dropped. Errr.

Right, so I got back into it. Bought the 2014 edition and I was almost ready to start again. Having tried the game at a friends house, I needed a guitar and the (Quite frankly stupid) Real Table Cable.

Which is a 1/4" jack to USB Adapter, you can use any other cable like this. It has to be from Ubisoft (which is 30 bucks, I have one that I got from china and it was 7.99. Oh well)

When that arrived I was happy, started up the game and started playing. Only to find a few songs, very few. I think theres only 20 included with the game... Which after playing the ones in my skill level, leaves you wanting more.

Oh well, I guess I could just import my songs from Rocksmith 1 right!? Yes! You can! But! You need to BUY this:

3a0ce6b9fb.jpg

Really? on top of the 60 dollars RS1 was I need to pay more to transfer my content to RS14?

Okay, going to have to do that, considering RS1 had a lot of good songs. I personally do think this should be free though.

How's the DLC? Well, there's plenty. I under stand you might not be buying all of the songs, but I would like to just to have that verity and discover new things.

41e56aac10.jpg

With the Play 2 Win thing Ubisoft has you can get a ground breaking 1 song for free. yay... Thanks! Wont be able to play it because its too hard.

TL:DR Rocksmith needs more FREE DLC and the ability to import your songs from RS1 for free. Even EA hasn't fared this bad in my opinion. Spending 60+50 on BF4 and Premium is a nice way to have all the upcoming DLC for free(ish)

Ubisoft sucks more than any other game developper in the entire fucking world

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

ermerghard

Shinedown <3

and Ubishit is at it again

:)

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

3 $ per song - insanity!

1060 $ for everything is even more excessive. Reminds me of The Sims DLC :)

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Ubisoft. They will be the first ones in front of the firing squad when my proletarian revolution happens. One day. One glorious day....

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Seriously? Buy your own guitar, go to ultimate-guitar.com and learn the songs. Listen to the song on youtube, play along with it and the only thing you have spent is the money for the guitar... Part of the whole experience of playing a guitar is learning how to read music (tabs are easier at first), learning how difficult it is to fret the notes, do pinch harmonics, learning the fretboard etc. Then getting good at it, having that feeling of satisfaction knowing you conquered something that was difficult for so long. Playing guitar isn't for the lazy, it takes time, dedication, effort and tons of hours poured into it. You should have to pay that price when an easy, cheap option is available. Not even to mention you can play songs that you like instead of dealing with what the devs can get rights for.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

cute, got nothing on train simulator 2015

nzsu44ojlhkddf3t2gzb.gif

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Seriously? Buy your own guitar, go to ultimate-guitar.com and learn the songs. Listen to the song on youtube, play along with it and the only thing you have spent is the money for the guitar... Part of the whole experience of playing a guitar is learning how to read music (tabs are easier at first), learning how difficult it is to fret the notes, do pinch harmonics, learning the fretboard etc. Then getting good at it, having that feeling of satisfaction knowing you conquered something that was difficult for so long. Playing guitar isn't for the lazy, it takes time, dedication, effort and tons of hours poured into it. You should have to pay that price when an easy, cheap option is available. Not even to mention you can play songs that you like instead of dealing with what the devs can get rights for.

I learn how I want to. Rocksmith was the easiest way for me to learn. don't tell me how to do my own things. Sure it should cost some money, but not this much.

EDIT: In ture PC Fashion the community has (Cracked?) and has allowed for mods to be made and used! A total of 8,224 songs are available for DL. Which is VERY nice :D

cute, got nothing on train simulator 2015

I could get a proper train driver training off that money and work as a train driver IRL

Okay, get ready for a DLC fueled rant brought to you in part by Ubisoft.

So, for a while ive been wanting to learn guitar; so ubisoft's Rocksmith was sort of a god send.

I decided to buy Rocksmith 1 and give it a  go. IT was great. I learn enough to play a song all the way through with no hiccups.

Then I dropped off... for a year, completely forgot about it.

Fast forward a year, 2014 dropped, I dropped. Everything dropped. Errr.

Right, so I got back into it. Bought the 2014 edition and I was almost ready to start again. Having tried the game at a friends house, I needed a guitar and the (Quite frankly stupid) Real Table Cable.

Which is a 1/4" jack to USB Adapter, you can use any other cable like this. It has to be from Ubisoft (which is 30 bucks, I have one that I got from china and it was 7.99. Oh well)

When that arrived I was happy, started up the game and started playing. Only to find a few songs, very few. I think theres only 20 included with the game... Which after playing the ones in my skill level, leaves you wanting more.

Oh well, I guess I could just import my songs from Rocksmith 1 right!? Yes! You can! But! You need to BUY this:

3a0ce6b9fb.jpg

Really? on top of the 60 dollars RS1 was I need to pay more to transfer my content to RS14?

Okay, going to have to do that, considering RS1 had a lot of good songs. I personally do think this should be free though.

How's the DLC? Well, there's plenty. I under stand you might not be buying all of the songs, but I would like to just to have that verity and discover new things.

41e56aac10.jpg

With the Play 2 Win thing Ubisoft has you can get a ground breaking 1 song for free. yay... Thanks! Wont be able to play it because its too hard.

TL:DR Rocksmith needs more FREE DLC and the ability to import your songs from RS1 for free. Even EA hasn't fared this bad in my opinion. Spending 60+50 on BF4 and Premium is a nice way to have all the upcoming DLC for free(ish)

I just gotta ask you. Why do you buy DLC when you can get free tabs to play with guitar pro, of whatever song you want?

I just gotta ask you. Why do you buy DLC when you can get free tabs to play with guitar pro, of whatever song you want?

its much easier for me, i also find Rocksmith really fun. Right now im looking arround the Custom DLC mods that are free. Those can be really fun.

its much easier for me, i also find Rocksmith really fun. Right now im looking arround the Custom DLC mods that are free. Those can be really fun.

Yeah, Rocksmith is pretty fun. I used to play it but I like guitar pro better.

and I though Sims was bad xD  Well at least Shinedown is pretty good 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Rip

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I believe that the guitar genre was quickly killed due to 2 main factors

1) Over-saturation

2) Extreme greed when it comes to DLC

And this works because both feed of each other: We had so many versions of this stupid things at one point and for each you were pushed to buy more DLC constantly. After a point most people said "Fuck this, I've got enough songs on the last version" and without a reasonable amount of new songs of course people were going to lose interest in the game.

Now don't get me wrong, to play devil's advocate here for a moment if there is anybody that behaves like bigger assholes than even the worst in the Gaming industry it would have to be the RIAA and the music industry and this games are probably getting raped with royalties to the point that not abusing the customer with DLC and shit like this would cut their margins to basically nothing. But I still think they didn't have to take things as far and as quickly: they loved the idea of games they didn't really have to redevelop to push out sequels and content rapidly: even the laziest Madden yearly roaster update is way more involved than adding a few shitty new metallica songs to a playlist and call it "Guitar Hero: The washed up Metalheads edition"

-------

Current Rig

-------

$1000 just to play the music i like?!!

yo ho yo ho it's a pirates life for me

but in all seriousness that is ridiculous. Ubisoft what you doin'?

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Seconded, thirded and fourthed. 

I learned mine the hard way, Its worth it. Infact, you have it much eaiser these days with youtube, when i was doing piano in high school i did it the harder way. So do what SJ says. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Seconded, thirded and fourthed. 

I learned mine the hard way, Its worth it. Infact, you have it much eaiser these days with youtube, when i was doing piano in high school i did it the harder way. So do what SJ says. 

I learned when I was 14, I taught myself from knowing nothing. Not even having a book to go buy. I studied for a week before I bought my first guitar on different methods of playing, the ins and outs of a guitar. I watched videos of people playing, studying their hands. Seeing how they moved, what they did. Then when my guitar arrived I played for 12 hours the first day, on one song. I learned that day how to read guitar tabs (later music theory) A lot of pain, a lot of time went into it. Now here I am 9 years later, having a new appreciation for everything to do with music. Still playing to this day knowing I have learned a skill many don't. I have well over 100 songs memorized and have forgotten many more. These are things that come with playing an instrument and to me you're not playing anything when you have to pop a disc in and let it show you notes to play.

Memorize songs, in different tunings. With and without capos, memorize the beats, patterns, tempos, every single note their is to play for that song. Perfect every single note. These are things that game can never give you.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I learned when I was 14, I taught myself from knowing nothing. Not even having a book to go buy. I studied for a week before I bought my first guitar on different methods of playing, the ins and outs of a guitar. I watched videos of people playing, studying their hands. Seeing how they moved, what they did. Then when my guitar arrived I played for 12 hours the first day, on one song. I learned that day how to read guitar tabs (later music theory) A lot of pain, a lot of time went into it. Now here I am 9 years later, having a new appreciation for everything to do with music. Still playing to this day knowing I have learned a skill many don't. I have well over 100 songs memorized and have forgotten many more. These are things that come with playing an instrument and to me you're not playing anything when you have to pop a disc in and let it show you notes to play.

Memorize songs, in different tunings. With and without capos, memorize the beats, patterns, tempos, every single note their is to play for that song. Perfect every single note. These are things that game can never give you.

Nor can the game give you the abillity to randomly play songs in front of your friends.

I really must get back into guitar, i have let it slip. 

(so what is your guitar? i got a Aira A20 i think its blue steel string)

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Just because you guys learned how to play an instrument without assistance doesn't mean its better to learn without assistance.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Nor can the game give you the abillity to randomly play songs in front of your friends.

I really must get back into guitar, i have let it slip. 

(so what is your guitar? i got a Aira A20 i think its blue steel string)

Or teach you scales to learn improv. There's a ton of things it cannot teach you. I think if you learned how to actually play you'd laugh at the game. I still have my first guitar, it's a cheap pos lol. Rouge HH with 9's. The action is all messed up, the neck warped after 4 years and developed terrible fret buzz. I adjust it out, but the action is so high it's hard to play.  I have been playing my acoustic more the past two years, I forgot the brand of it. It's an inexpensive guitar, but with some martin strings it sounds amazing. Holds a tune for nearly a month, the action has been perfect on it and haven't need to adjust a thing. Got 11's on it now. :)

I need to buy a new electric, but money troubles have kept me from it.

Or teach you scales to learn improv. There's a ton of things it cannot teach you. I think if you learned how to actually play you'd laugh at the game. I still have my first guitar, it's a cheap pos lol. Rouge HH with 9's. The action is all messed up, the neck warped after 4 years and developed terrible fret buzz. I adjust it out, but the action is so high it's hard to play.  I have been playing my acoustic more the past two years, I forgot the brand of it. It's an inexpensive guitar, but with some martin strings it sounds amazing. Holds a tune for nearly a month, the action has been perfect on it and haven't need to adjust a thing. Got 11's on it now. :)

You played it too hard! my keyboard is starting to fall part after 6 years but then i do play at church so that explains a few things lol. 

But seriously OP. Take the guitar you brought, take a video or a chord sheet, go into your room and start playing. :D i do use the book Guitar for Dummies and it is highly recommended. 

You played it too hard! my keyboard is starting to fall part after 6 years but then i do play at church so that explains a few things lol. 

But seriously OP. Take the guitar you brought, take a video or a chord sheet, go into your room and start playing. :D i do use the book Guitar for Dummies and it is highly recommended. 

Lol nah, I moved a lot with it and the humidity changes from every I move just warped the neck. I had to adjust the action every time I moved, eventually it just had enough and warped lol.