racing wheel for project cars?

Cl2G

What's a great steering wheel for pc? Not too concerned with budget. Just want something with a good feel. Nice fluid control and pedals.

Yo soy el hombre murciélago

What type of connectors does the g27 use ? I think I will just use the Wheel and pedals not the shifter. I think I'll use the padal shifters honestly for ease and to save desk space.

G27 is the staple for the racing community, so go for it.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Lol thanks I'll go with that! Thanks ltt crew

What's a great steering wheel for pc? Not too concerned with budget. Just want something with a good feel. Nice fluid control and pedals.

When it comes to buying sim racing peripherals, it's pretty much always a case of spending more is better. Spending more basically gets you wheels with better feel, stronger force feedback and better features (e.g. changeable rims). Also an important consideration is pedals - in fact pedals contribute more to speed and realism in my opinion than a wheel, particularly having a good brake pedal helps. To a 'beginner' though, my advice would be a G27.

If you're interested, my list would be:

Logitech G27 < Thrustmaster T300/T300RS (or T500RS, pretty much the same) < Fanatec ClubSport Wheel V2 < SimXperience AccuForce wheel (coming soon)

Note that the Thrustmaster wheels don't come with an H-shifter (can be bought stand alone) and only come with 2 pedals (a 3-pedal set can be bought standalone). The Fanatec wheels are all sold separately from pedals and shifters, in order to allow the user to custmise the setup completely. Recommend Fanatec's Clubsport V2 pedals for both their wheels and Thrustmaster's wheels (if you want nicer pedals). Also recommend Fanatec's ClubSport Shifter (I have one). The SimXperience wheel is not here yet and is going to be incredibly expensive. Probably would give this one a skip, seeing as this is your first wheel and you're trying to work out if you really want one or not.

The G27 will serve you perfectly fine, but while the wheel is very good it's not the best, and the included pedals are certainly passable although they don't contain a load cell, and the shifter is really a bit gimmicky. 'Passable' at best. Will get the job done though, and it's a very very very reliable unit.

Moving up to the Thrustmaster or Fanatec wheels will get you a better wheel feel, but most importantly to me the pedal feel is much better - especially if you get one of Fanatec's load cell pedal sets. Of course you can buy a set of Fanatec load cell pedals and use them with your G27, just plugging them in to the computer separately via USB.

TL;DR: My advice is to buy a G27 because it's relatively inexpensive but also very reliable, popular and proven. If you want you can spend more to upgrade the pedals (and shifter if you want) to a more expensive and better unit down the line, but the G27 package as a whole is a great place to start.