Is it time for an upgrade?

Majinferno

That special time of year is getting closer so I decided to get my wishlist finished a bit early. When doing this, I factor in several things in order to chose just the right products. Now I currently have these items on my wish list

1. Nexus 5 - 32 GB Unlocked ($429.99)
  2. Zotac Zbox EN760 Plus ($679.99)
  3. ​Dell ultrasharp U2913WM 29in ($478.91)

While my dad is pretty wealthy, this is too much. Due to this, I'm now reconsidering upgrading to the zbox. My current gaming setup is the Asus k55n SA80403V. It specs are as follows:

Windows 8.1 Update 1 64 bit
AMD A8-4500M Quad Core APU 1.9 ghz w/ Radeon HD7640G
4GB DDR3 Ram
500 GB Hard drive

I find that this laptop runs most of the games I throw at it, with the exception of the newer releases. I've considered upgrading, but I'm not to sure if it's worth it at the time. I played through Bioshock Infinite just fine running a mix of medium/high. However, games like Mortal Kombat Komplete run at Low, while Watchdogs didn't run smooth at all. I don't know if this is due to bad console ports, or my device is not ready to take on the current set of games being released. Do you think I should get ready to upgrade and remove something else from the list, or tough it out one more year with my current setup? The nexus is staying, but the ultrasharp is debatable. I plan on using the widescreen for productivity things such as programming and school work.

Note: While i'm not sure if my APU is upgrade-able, I can easily bump up the ram and switch to an SSD.

My dad lives in another state, so a custom build is not really an option. I'd easily go with a custom-build, but I'm pretty much forced to go prebuilt
Lets keep things exclusively on amazon.
Edited by Majinferno

Or even better, build a pc so you can upgrade it in the future!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

why not build something yourself?

My dad lives in another state, so a custom build is not really an option. I'd easily go with a custom-build, but I'm pretty much forced to go prebuilt.

My dad lives in another state, so a custom build is not really an option. I'd easily go with a custom-build, but I'm pretty much forced to go prebuilt.

get somthibg built by ncix

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

get somthibg built by ncix

I would, but I have to exclusively use amazon. Otherwise, I would go with ncix or Origin pc.

It would hurt me if I made my parents pay 1000+$ for things like PC's. Almost every upgrade I do is coming from my pocket and my work.

If I was you I would get the Nexus, the monitor and if you really really wanted it, and a refurbished gaming PC with mid-high end specs. If you decide not going with the PC just wait for the next "special day" to buy a 1000+$ one.

Trust me, you can live without "EVERYTHINGATMAXULTRA60FPS+ games"

I don't understand why you have to go prebuilt? Can't you just have him put in your shipping address and have the parts shipped to you directly?

I don't understand why you have to go prebuilt? Can't you just have him put in your shipping address and have the parts shipped to you directly?

I go to his state for Christmas. Having items shipped to my house is just not something I can have done.

Please trust me guys, if I could I would, but I can't. My main concern I whether I should upgrade or not.