Good game with loads of game play time?

Tr33

Ok I am sick and tired of the boring generic FPS games( i still like TPS but hate FPS now) and I want something that's not online oriented(if its both free roam SP and MP thats not bad) that will give me a long game play time. I want to download it from kat.ph(so through torrent). Any ideas?(except Skyrim and GTA games. Also don't mention RTS and MMORPGs, I suck at them and find them boring). Best would be something that has free roam and just so u can mess around and still not get bored of the game. 

BLAOW!!!!

Both fallouts are awesome (3 and vegas). Also project brazil just came out for new vegas which is basically a whole game in its self. Predicted to have more content then fallout 3 and it has a bigger overall map.  Part one came out yesterday and the other two parts will come out through the rest of this month. The author did this so that bug fixing is easier, the first part is about 2,3 hours long. Ive got 2.5 horus in it so far and havent completed it. The second part is 15 hours long and the third is 30,40 hours if you rush the hell out of it. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Maybe not as free roam"ish", but I still find Pokémon to be very addciting, even to this day. ;)

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

LSD:dream emulator xD

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

Far cry 3 is great.

If you want ultimate free roam try Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.

EDIT: Beaten again! :lol:

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

zork .......ive been playing for years and havent finished

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Far Cry 2 and 1 are also great games. Crysis 1 has an open world feel to it and has a good story. Just Cause 2 is a great 3rd person story/shooter and is a HUGE open world game as well!

Only things I can come up with. Also Plus one for Fallout 3(one of my favorite RPGs of all time).

Just Cause 2 because after you finish the whole game you can play multiplayer which is currently in development. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Ok I am sick and tired of the boring generic FPS games( i still like TPS but hate FPS now) and I want something that's not online oriented(if its both free roam SP and MP thats not bad) that will give me a long game play time. I want to download it from kat.ph(so through torrent). Any ideas?(except Skyrim and GTA games. Also don't mention RTS and MMORPGs, I suck at them and find them boring). Best would be something that has free roam and just so u can mess around and still not get bored of the game. 

I wouldnt suggest downloading a torrent, just go steam an get half a dozen indie games for like 50 bucks

Give Kerbal space program a try its pretty fun

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I loved crysis 1.  best of the three in my opinion.  That game still has the best multiplayer out of any game that ive ever played too, too bad its pretty much dead...

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

Borderlands 2.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Like others have recommended, Crysis 1 and Fallout New Vegas.
Crysis 1 for its sandbox elements throughout its single player campaign; Fallout New Vegas for its exploration, RPG elements, and tons of mods.

I would personally recommend Terraria. I've sunk over 100 hours into it with some friends and had a blast the entire time.
It's essentially a 2D sandbox with RPG elements as well as platforming and passive co-op (they can jump in and jump out, bringing any items to and from their SP world).

Fallout 3 and new vegas, Oblivion and Skyrim, Dragon age: origins, The Witcher 2.

I hate to recommend it but Minecraft is seriously the perfect game for you

I have downloaded it again. But I would get bored now because I wouldn't have anyone to play it with. Wana play together? If you do then add me on skype if you wana(sajo6662) or just gimme the server IP or something. If not, then that's ok 

BLAOW!!!!

Dark Souls.

CPU-[i5 3570k-4.6ghz at 1.33v]  GPU-[4gb Zotac GTX 680 1126 core 6800 mem]   MOBO-[Gigabyte Z77 UD4H]   PSU-[Corsair TX 650]   RAM-[2x8gb DDR3 1333 GSkill Ripjaws X]   Case-[Corsair 550D (2xNoctua NF-F12, 1xNoctua NF-A14 intake, 1xNoctua NF-A14 exhaust)]   CPU Cooler-[Noctua NH D14]   Boot Drive-[Crucial m4 256GB SSD]   Game Drive-[500GB Western Digital Caviar Black]   Storage Drive-[2.5" 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Black]   Sound Card-[Asus Xonar DG]   Optical Drive-[Lite-On IHAS-124]  Monitor-[Dell U2312HM] Keyboard-[CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-Brown Switches] Mouse-[Logitech G400] Speakers-[Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX]

I have downloaded it again. But I would get bored now because I wouldn't have anyone to play it with. Wana play together? If you do then add me on skype if you wana(sajo6662) or just gimme the server IP or something. If not, then that's ok 

There might be an unofficial LTT Minecraft server going up soon.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

There might be an unofficial LTT Minecraft server going up soon.

Cool. Wana get together sometime these days and go on a server and maybe call on Skype?

BLAOW!!!!

Pokemon is free roam.... =]

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Planetside 2 - it's free

"An Excellent Signature"

Not free roam, but probably the longest game in existence is The Longest Journey, and it's also in the top 5 quality stories ever written for a video game.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.