I think I have seen my family's true face

Recon97

It's 3rd day, I have fever and flu. for 3 days and even now I am rotting in my room . they don't care. They don't even bring me a glass of water. They want me to do their house chores.Tommorow is my college and I know that my mum is going to forcefully leave me there. And now when there was a power failure, they shut down the fan of my room., that is where I was.(we have ups too but still).

I am sorry guys if this topic annoys someone but I swear to god I have no one else to share my sorrow with.

Pfff, you have it better than me. My family would care for me, then guilt me into doing things because they cared for me.

Gotta just...hate emotionally abusive families. Use all of their toothbrushes before you leave for college

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Tough life man... Just hang in there for a bit more, then move out for some time...

Like them or not, family is family... They rasied you... You'd have to return to them sooner or later...

When you recover, burn down your house with your family in it.  ;)

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

That is very creepy.

Its a joke.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Tough life man... Just hang in there for a bit more, then move out for some time...

Like them or not, family is family... They rasied you... You'd have to return to them sooner or later...

That's actually the opposite of what most professionals say to people with emotionally abusive families, they normally tell you "Get, get out as soon as you can and never go back"

At least that's what mine told me, and it's what I plan to do. Cut off all contact and never speak to them or see them again.

I know. I still like my mother. And my older brother, he not simply ignores me but also my whole family. He never gave me that brother to brother relationship. When I was little and couldn't do my school home work, whenever I called for his help he would beat me up.

only my father loved me more than anyone else. But he died 6 years ago due to heart attack. Sadly I wasn't there with him when he was taking last breath of his life.

That's actually the opposite of what most professionals say to people with emotionally abusive families, they normally tell you "Get, get out as soon as you can and never go back"

At least that's what mine told me, and it's what I plan to do. Cut off all contact and never speak to them or see them again.

Must be a difference in culture... Family ties are treasured here... Whether you like it or not...

I know. I still like my mother. And my older brother, he not simply ignores me but also my whole family. He never gave me that brother to brother relationship. When I was little and couldn't do my school home work, whenever I called for his help he would beat me up.

only my father loved me more than anyone else. But he died 6 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss...

The best advice I could give you is 'hang in there'... You'll get your chance to get out... Just remember, you can call out for help from your IRL friends, or even your online friends to get you through those tough times...

Even one of my sister sneaks on my Facebook account without permission. When I complained this to my mother and my other sister they did nothing.

Good luck it must be horrible being sick  :mellow: and sorry for your loss 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

That's a pretty dick move.

But still. It's the flu. I usually had to work even if i had the flu (Grew up on a farm) 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

That's a pretty dick move.

But still. It's the flu. I usually had to work even if i had the flu (Grew up on a farm)

I can go with flu but not with fever.

I can go with flu but not with fever.

Fever meds are great for that  ;)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Must be a difference in culture... Family ties are treasured here... Whether you like it or not...

I'm sorry for your loss...

The best advice I could give you is 'hang in there'... You'll get your chance to get out... Just remember, you can call out for help from your IRL friends, or even your online friends to get you through those tough times...

Oh family ties are generally treasured here as well, but most psychologists would tell you that if they only cause you pain, then the best thing you can do for yourself is not be around them and not have contact with them.

My family appears to care, but only for selfish reasons. My sister is constantly sick due to a mix of actual health problems, and being a hypochondriat, my parents are old and have made endless financial mistakes, so they know I'm likely to be the only successful child, and they do nice things for me so they can later guilt me into taking care of them. That's all any of my family members do, they do something nice for you, then always hold it over your head later. How many people here, can call their parents and instead of a "hey son/daughter, whats up?" happy greeting, you get a very angry "WHAAAT?" "greeting"

I would just lay the cards down on the table.

Don't try and smooth them down. Give it to em rough.

Straight up ask. Do you care about me?

Then they will be like yes. 

Thats when you go and say well why didn't you do [insert parent fail here]?

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Fever meds are great for that ;)

I did took few but I read on the Internet that it's better not to take meds as its going to make you immune system more vulnerable.

I did took few but I read on the Internet that it's better not to take meds as its going to make you immune system more vulnerable.

It's also bad for your kidneys, best thing is to combat the fever by staying cool, cold, wet rags on your wrists and your neck to dissipate heat. Also plenty of fluids

I would just lay the cards down on the table.

Don't try and smooth them down. Give it to em rough.

Straight up ask. Do you care about me?

Then they will be like yes.

Thats when you go and say well why didn't you do [insert parent fail here]?

I don't have guts to say that. Let me tell you another fresh thing, I heard my mother saying that I am just playing around and then my sister who sneaks up on my Facebook said that "I(me) am just stupid"

It's also bad for your kidneys, best thing is to combat the fever by staying cool, cold, wet rags on your wrists and your neck to dissipate heat. Also plenty of fluids

Stay cool? It's hell of a summer here. Thnx for the advice.

Oh family ties are generally treasured here as well, but most psychologists would tell you that if they only cause you pain, then the best thing you can do for yourself is not be around them and not have contact with them.

My family appears to care, but only for selfish reasons. My sister is constantly sick due to a mix of actual health problems, and being a hypochondriat, my parents are old and have made endless financial mistakes, so they know I'm likely to be the only successful child, and they do nice things for me so they can later guilt me into taking care of them. That's all any of my family members do, they do something nice for you, then always hold it over your head later. How many people here, can call their parents and instead of a "hey son/daughter, whats up?" happy greeting, you get a very angry "WHAAAT?" "greeting"

The difference is that there's almost no chance for breaking free here... People are bound to their parents until they move out (usually after marriage)... It's more of a financial issue than anything...

I don't have guts to say that. Let me tell you another fresh thing, I heard my mother saying that I am just playing around and then my sister who sneaks up on my Facebook said that "I(me) am just stupid"

Sounds like they have no respect or appreciation for you. My advice would be the same as what my therapist told me, get out, break off all contact, never go back. It's easier to be on your own than it is to be with people that treat you like shit and don't care about you at all

The difference is that there's almost no chance for breaking free here... People are bound to their parents until they move out (usually after marriage)... It's more of a financial issue than anything...

Oh same here completely. Why you think I'm 25 and still living at home? As soon as I'm done with tech school in 17 months and have a decent job, I'm gone and they will never hear from me again, they will die never knowing what happened to me or how I did in life.

I actually don't care about this thing anymore but my father bought a pc for me before he died. then my elder brother took it for no reason. he already had a pc.

And the other thing. I was never given anything I like when I was little, except my father bought things for me. I don't know if of guys believe on real dreams, I saw my father smiling at me in my dream about 4 days ago. He doesn't really often comes. Maybe after 2 years or so.

I actually don't care about this thing anymore but my father bought a pc for me before he died. then my elder brother took it for no reason. he already had a pc.

And the other thing. I was never given anything I like when I was little, except my father bought things for me. I don't know if of guys believe on real dreams, I saw my father smiling at me in my dream about 4 days ago. He doesn't really often comes. Maybe after 2 years or so.

Your brother sounds like a complete asshole. My advice still stands, get out, break off contact, be successful and enjoy your own life and make your own way in the world, don't let them drag you back down with guilt or anything, from the sounds of it you don't owe them shit to begin with.