How to remove the "beats audio" logo from the back of the HTC One

Alcatraz

I didn't like the beats branding on the back of my One, so I removed it. 

Just put a Q-tip in some nail polish remover and scrub the logo (careful not to get any on the screen or other sensitive areas). It should start coming off in about a minute. This does not damage the finish in any way and looks like it was never there.

Now that I have CM 10.1 flashed and the logo removed, beats branding is nowhere to be found.  :)

Nice mod. Hopefully it'll work with the black version that is being released as well.

lol, good guy Alcatraz.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Just put a Q-tip in some nail polish remover and scrub the logo (careful not to get any on the screen or other sensitive areas). It should start coming off in about a minute. This does not damage the finish in any way and looks like it was never there.

Now that I have CM 10.1 flashed and the logo removed, beats branding is nowhere to be found.  :)

That's what I call innovation!, good discovery!, as someone who works at a cell phone company, i'll be sure to keep this In mind for people looking at the HTC one!

I would love to see a photo!

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Mine just faded after general use XD Thankfully, although might do this just to remove any remnants.

Beats logo is more of a fail to me than it is a benefit.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

cool idea bro :) If I ever get this phone, which I hope I do... I will do the same :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Great idea. I'll do that now. I wonder if it works for the AT&T logo as well?

*EDIT: It does not work on the AT&T logo...

CPU: Intel 3570k (4.3) MOBO: Asrock z77 extreme6 GPU: Gigabyte Windforce HD 7970 RAM: 4x4 Gb Samsung Ultra Low Profile DDR3-1600mhz CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Storage: 250GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD (Boot), 3TB Seagate Barracuda Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (black)  PSU: Corsair TX750M  Peripherals: Rosewill

rk-9000, Gigabyte M8000x, Sennheiser PX 200-II, Asus VS247H-P 23.6" 1080p TN panel

I actually want to do what you've done. Verizon is getting theirs soon and I'll pick one up later when contract is up! :) Thanks for sharing!

I would love to see a photo!

Sure thing! 

IMG_20130604_173312.jpg

Great idea. I'll do that now. I wonder if it works for the AT&T logo as well?

*EDIT: It does not work on the AT&T logo...

Don't I wish...

Even though I use this phone with an Otter Box Commuter case, I have done this since I despise Beats.

Same I hate Beats with a passion, overpriced junk.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Nice mod. Hopefully it'll work with the black version that is being released as well.

I think it should. The black isn't paint, it's anodization.

I was talking to some friends about this, and I said it could probably be removed with nail polish remover, now that you've confirmed it, I'm going to ask my sister for some!

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Noice, Thumbs up

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

Alcohol is what I used and it doesn't screw your screen :) 

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

• 1 month later...

This doesn't work. -_-

Tried this twice, the logo can't be killed.

But it doesn't have acetone in it, got the nail polish remover from my sister.

So HTC paid 300 million bucks in order to provide you with them "amazing" Beats Audio magic.

"When HTC announced that was buying a majority stake in Beats Electronics for $300 million back in August, most were, understandably, confused. It seemed a dubious partnership, fueled not by any real vision, but rather by HTC's desire to become an Apple-esque technology/lifestyle brand. And what better way to accomplish that than via Beats Audio, which had become successful for improving the relationships people had with music, their most personal of lifestyle choices?

But from a marketing perspective, the move made a whole lot of sense. Beats Audio has never been about just headphones and technology. The Beats Audio brand is infused with a certain amount of coolness and price-induced exclusivity. It's hip, it's music-focused, and though Dr. Dre himself isn't very young anymore, the prime consumers of Beats Audio devices are young people with (hopefully) a lot of cash to burn."

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetreviews/with-the-rezound-will-htcs-300-million-beats-audio-gamble-pay-off/28241

Apple may be a lifestyle brand but they actually put quality components into their products...they don't skimp on the technology they use. I wouldn't be able to give my money to HTC knowing they put crap in their phones.

@solomongrundy smh at htc right now.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

• 3 weeks later...

Or just get a phone casing.

Although this will do a disservice to the full metal body  :D

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB