#BendGate iPhone 6 - iPhone 6+

ExDreamer

I've lost a little respect for this man. 

I'm not overly weak, I have decent upper body strength, OF COURSE A PHONE WILL BEND IF I TRY THAT HARD. 

What the hell kind of test is that? Of anything? 

For fucks sake I could go to town on my 17" MBP right now and probably bend the thing, and then call myself a moron for even doing that. 

This is like me testing the durability of hockey sticks by intentionally loading force without actually making proper slapshots. Of course the fucking thing is going to snap if I bear down on it like that. 

Consumer reports made a far more valid and reproducible test, ground in some logical methods and not "herpa derp I can bend things if I try really hard" 

Clearly apple isn't testing enough force if it's bending in a pocket.  Or for a live bend test.  I just tried the same thing Lew was doing with my gs3, several times, at much higher force, and it hasn't budged at all.

Yes, clearly some random dude on the internet who unscientifically "tests" the bendability of phones by bending the shit out of them is accurate.

Also it's impossible for you to know that you applied more force because both tests are unscientific. Look at Consumer Reports's overview of the issue.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Telephone.jpg

Has everybody forgotten what a "telephone" looks like? See the curvature on the handset?

This is Apple's "nostalgia" feature. You can easily* make their flagship iPhone6+ the same shape as the phone you grew up with as a kid.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Yes, clearly some random dude on the internet who unscientifically "tests" the bendability of phones by bending the shit out of them is accurate.

Also it's impossible for you to know that you applied more force because both tests are unscientific. Look at Consumer Reports's overview of the issue.

See here the problem that one bends and considerably easier than any others. People have had issues and even in the original video you can see its slightly bent before he goes at it. It also seems like it bent way easier in the newest video.

This is a structural problem especially since the 6 doesnt doesnt anywher near as bad.

Lol, the one time Apple wants to be cheap, they wuss out on a fairly important part. Aluminium, a soft material for the WHOLE phone chassis? Apple just shat on themselves on this one. Watch this...

*Gasp* Oh my god, here's another video... (LOL at the comment section in this one)

*Slow Clap* What a fucking win! Hats off to Apple for making one person destroy it's multi-billion dollar market cap in just a few videos... (Cred. to isildurrmathayus for that funny ass comment)

Stay thirsty, my friends...

We have known this, and I think I can speak for all of us when I say we don't want to hear any more about it.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Pretty sure these videos are reposts.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Where have you been? This is old news.... Not to mentioned repost over repost over repost.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I think that applying a force in the center of of the iphone where it has weakpoint it might bend --- Apple stress test might test the phone not only on a particular point and not applying force on that point

So dont expect your iphone bend :)

Lol, the one time Apple wants to be cheap, they wuss out on a fairly important part. Aluminium, a soft material for the WHOLE phone chassis? Apple just shat on themselves on this one. Watch this...

*Gasp* Oh my god, here's another video... (LOL at the comment section in this one)

*Slow Clap* What a fucking win! Hats off to Apple for making one person destroy it's multi-billion dollar market cap in just a few videos... (Cred. to isildurrmathayus for that funny ass comment)

Where have you been? This is old news.... Not to mentioned repost over repost over repost.

Vacation, my good sir.

Vacation, my good sir.

Vacation? What is this word? :P  Seriously I have never been on vacation. <.<  >.>

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

So dont expect your iphone bend :)

Except everything4ipod phone has already bent in his pocket and shown it with a video.

EDIT- 1800 posts woot, sorry for the double post. On my phone.

Honestly guys, I was late on this stuff so, yea I just got the message a few hours ago.

At least this kept me occupied.

The phone actually takes 70 pounds of pressure to bend it.. Where as other phones take about double that.

I've lost a little respect for this man. 

I'm not overly weak, I have decent upper body strength, OF COURSE A PHONE WILL BEND IF I TRY THAT HARD. 

What the hell kind of test is that? Of anything? 

For fucks sake I could go to town on my 17" MBP right now and probably bend the thing, and then call myself a moron for even doing that. 

This is like me testing the durability of hockey sticks by intentionally loading force without actually making proper slapshots. Of course the fucking thing is going to snap if I bear down on it like that. 

Consumer reports made a far more valid and reproducible test, ground in some logical methods and not "herpa derp I can bend things if I try really hard" 

are you blind or did you not watch all the vid? or maybe you decided to ignore the part with the moto x

this whole 9 phones crap....is this 9 reports to apple or to all the 3rd party stores? doe this include reports to network providers? are these 9 phones world wide just in the US or just in California? are they only calls to there call centre or do they include returns to stores?  remeber apple is going through a shit storm right now with bad updates share prices dropping and now this. how much is this is spin

as for the 6+ its easy to see that there is an issue and that its bending way more easily than it should for a $1000 phone and more than its competitors

id put money on ther being more phones bending in the future and apple offering a free case

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I would love an explanation of how the iPhone 6+ beat the iPhone 6 in consumerreports.org results. My knee jerk reaction to those results was to declare it to be complete bull$#!7. It does not at all align with what others have been saying about these devices, albeit from a simpler impressions POV.

Anyone know what kind of support trusses they have in the middle of the 6+? Don't recall seeing any in teardowns/broken shots.

It's funny you say that because people claim that all the time in the US.

Link one article. It should be easy since you say it happens all the time. 

Clearly apple isn't testing enough force if it's bending in a pocket.  Or for a live bend test.  I just tried the same thing Lew was doing with my gs3, several times, at much higher force, and it hasn't budged at all.

Exactly how much force did he use and then exactly how much force did you use? 

I don't create threads to start flame wars. I create threads that people don't like and the wars start themselves.

Because that's a practical distinction between the two if I ever saw one...

If you know people won't like them why would you create them?

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Stop your trolling. It's not funny nor is it helpful and we don't need more of your shit clogging up the forums.

Woo more hypocrisy.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Because that's a practical distinction between the two if I ever saw one...

If you know people won't like them why would you create them?

If people don't like the truth that's not my problem. You've once again misunderstood what I meant. I create threads, and sometimes people don't like them. It's not my intention that you don't like them.

Woo more hypocrisy.

No. I don't go into threads and post stuff just to make people mad. That's what they did, and I never go that far.

Link one article. It should be easy since you say it happens all the time.

Oh, please. If you don't know what I'm talking about already then you're not going to respond well to anything I post and unlike SOME PEOPLE I don't want to start an unrelated political war in this thread.

I would love an explanation of how the iPhone 6+ beat the iPhone 6 in consumerreports.org results. My knee jerk reaction to those results was to declare it to be complete bull$#!7. It does not at all align with what others have been saying about these devices, albeit from a simpler impressions POV.

Anyone know what kind of support trusses they have in the middle of the 6+? Don't recall seeing any in teardowns/broken shots.

Right, because obviously an objective third party with no stake in the matter and no desire to create controversial articles to get more views and more money doing scientific tests is less trustworthy than a guy on YouTube bending them with his bare hands...

Someone thinks they found a poorly designed brace acting as a pivot point on the inside of it.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Right, because obviously an objective third party with no stake in the matter and no desire to create controversial articles to get more views and more money doing scientific tests is less trustworthy than a guy on YouTube bending them with his bare hands...

Someone thinks they found a poorly designed brace acting as a pivot point on the inside of it.

Well that's why it was a knee jerk reaction.  Wasn't trying to say anything more then I don't understand how that could happen, with everything else being equal.