Cherry MX blues or Browns?

Noble372

I can not test these and this is my first cherry switch keyboard the corsair k70

I do a lot of gaming

Also i do a lot of typing

So blues or browns?

Do you have a roommate or is noise an issue? If so browns. 

If not...well, browns and blues are pretty much the same, blues just have an additional click-y sound. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I prefer blues in both contexts, but that's just me. There literally is no way anyone can guess what you'd prefer.

To my fingers blues and browns feel the same. But blues make a lot more noise. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Blues are just browns with more annoying sound. I don't see why anyone would go with blues instead of browns.

Spoiler

I can not test these and this is my first cherry switch keyboard the corsair k70

Do you not have a bestbuy nearby? They normally have blackwidow ultimate blue and browns that have a cardboard window so you can try it.

I personally prefer blue.

Blues are just browns with more annoying sound. I don't see why anyone would go with blues instead of browns.

I like the clickiness of blues :(

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I have had both on different Ducky keyboards and I very much prefer browns for typing because I find blues annoying.

I HATE browns, love blues and reds, am ok with blacks, to heavy tho

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I like the clickiness of blues :(

Same going to have to get a ducky in browns or blacks next though the blues annoy everyone at night.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I love my blues, but I feel like they would probably annoy most people during gaming, because they are so loud. They certainly don't bother me, but you know.... click click click.

Same going to have to get a ducky in browns or blacks next though the blues annoy everyone at night.

I use Browns when I am at work, and blues at home. I prefer blues but I don't want to be murdered in my office.

I use Browns when I am at work, and blues at home. I prefer blues but I don't want to be murdered in my office.

How are they for gaming? The blues

I do a lot of gaming

Also i do a lot of typing

So blues or browns?

Blues for that audible clickyness, browns for that quiet tactile bump.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Try and get the chance to test both switches. They will have a different feeling, one being softer than the other. But other than that, they are really rather similar. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Try and get the chance to test both switches. They will have a different feeling, one being softer than the other. But other than that, they are really rather similar. 

I wish i could test them :(

How are they for gaming? The blues

Just like browns, only noisier. I like the tactileness during gaming more than the linear actuation of reds.

Why can't you test them?

This is something really subjective and depends on personal preference. I love the blues but I cannot use them because of how loud they can be at 3AM.

In either way, it will be way better than any membrane keyboard you have ever used.

Some friends have blues and they are getting sick of the noise and also people complain on Skype/TS stuff like that so... I still like the blues very much but I can't use them so I'm just really happy with my browns.

Try to test them, somehow, find a store, ask someone, buy two keyboards and return the one you liked less?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Just like browns, only noisier. I like the tactileness during gaming more than the linear actuation of reds.

Cheers dude i do love that click sound on blues though i might get brown as i skype people and the sound could anoy them. Still not sure %100 xD

I wish i could test them :(

Shame. Well I use the MX Blue switches. They are just as good for gaming as any other switch, in my opinion. I find them great for typing too and my typing has increased in speed over the time I have owned a mechanical keyboard.

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Cheers dude i do love that click sound on blues the only one i did try was greens and they felt alright so i guess blues would be best for me it sounds

If you like the clickyness go with blues, if you think it might get annoying or bother some people, go browns. You really cannot lose between the two options.

Good luck and have fun. I'm sure you will be happy with whichever one you choose.

They will have the SAME feeling since they are the SAME switch, only with an AUDIBLE difference.

edit : Correction : the blues require 5 cN actuation force more than the browns, which with the audible click are the two only differences. You will not notice 5 cN. 

Spoiler

They will have the SAME feeling since they are the SAME switch, only with an AUDIBLE difference.

edit : Correction : the blues require 5 cN actuation force more than the browns, which with the audible click are the two only differences. You will not notice 5 cN. 

Actually, Browns have a softer click than the Blues. 

Blue.gif

Brown.gif

As you can see, the Browns have the same build design as the Blacks and Reds, however, just with the slight bump in the switch. Blues however, do not. They have a completely different mechanism that causes the louder and heavier click. The ridge of where the bump happens is also a lot harsher on the Blues, making the tactile feedback via the switch a lot harsher. This also shows in using the switch. 

I prefer blues, but it's all personal. If you get the chance, try them both yourself before buying.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3