Corsair recognises "Gaming" branding mistake

ImBleu

High five Corsair

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

Maybe Corsair did make a mistake by rolling out that logo, but at least they are receptive to the community.  Thanks, Corsair!  The "trampstamp" logo could have been a dealbreaker on me getting the K70 RGB.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

Awesome, now all those months spent waiting for this keyboard to come out weren't a complete waste of patience.

I was literally going to go with a G710+ instead due to this logo, but now i'm not so sure I will (IF I can get the old Corsair logo at a decent price). Will certainly keep waiting for now to see if there any further developments though.

Democracy at it's finest.

However I seriously doubt the keyboards with the original logo will make it all the way to Australia. Suppliers here struggle to give us products at all, let alone 2 of the same product with different logos.

maybe someone at corsair finally image search "tramp stamp" on google.....

but good for them for actually listening.

I don't get why they changed their logo since their previous logo was a corsair ship..which is a real thing.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

They haven't done anything! They are just selling the first batch! They are trying to fool us! 

Corsair always seems to take customer feedback seriously  :D

Maybe they'll do away with the new logo completely

Not going to happen. Here is another quote from Yellowbeard from the same thread...

Here's what it boils down to. The logo is NOT going away. We have a plan and we're executing it. Period.

As I've noted above, we are listening and we do care. We know some people are unhappy. But, as also noted, the plan just launched yesterday. We are not going to rush into some knee-jerk reaction based on a statistically insignificant number.

Google PC gamers and you'll find numbers ranging from 15 million to 711 million PC gamers on the planet.

When you consider guys like Asus do short (only 1000) runs of certain products, why is it so hard for Corsair to release a "special classic edition" rgb k70 in blues and browns?

First, thank you Corsair for listening.

Second, and really not to sound inconsiderate, but this outcome is far from what anyone wanted.

Where is my K90? Blues? Browns? Mice?

If that hideous logo is here to stay, then I'm not.

Bye.

What happened to those poor fuckers that are stuck with that logo do they to swap it out? 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Geforce RTX 3090 FE 

Does this mean the new (Old) keyboard be rare?

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

Well, I am glad they decided to keep the old logo, But I already have the new logo on my K70 RGB with Browns so I guess there really is no going back for me. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

They're more or less obligated at this point. It's bad (especially among the DIY PC community) to disregard customer feedback because it will directly affect sales in a major way.

I'm glad they're giving us the option. Can you imagine if they used the new logo on their AIOs?  :blink:

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It is pretty awesome that they actually listen to their customers like this. I'm glad that the "tramp stamp" logo is gone. It really did not fit corsair as a company.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I noticed that there was careful wording done by the Corsair rep.

I wonder if the Vengeance K70 will still be sold with browns. If Corsair does release them, I will gladly fork over my money.

They're more or less obligated at this point. It's bad (especially among the DIY PC community) to disregard customer feedback because it will directly affect sales in a major way.

I'm glad they're giving us the option. Can you imagine if they used the new logo on their AIOs?  :blink:

I don't think that AIOs would have had it either way. It's a branding for gaming peripherals.

I'm indifferent. 

Personally, I like both logos. The original was classy simplicity and the new one was neat (to me). Maybe Corsair could have dropped the text, that would have made the newer logo cleaner. Regardless, it's only a logo. Unless you have Corsair everything else and have OCD to need every part to match, this is moot. For someone planning to get a Phanteks case and not a drop of Corsair in my build, I would have been perfectly content with a new keyboard that had a differing Corsair logo vs the sails.

Now I know why the newer keyboard looked more lowend. The old logo wasn't a cheap sticker. New logo wasn't a problem, it was text and stickerhood that cheapened the look. Had it just been the cross swords as an alu logo with a small alu "Corsair" beneath it, it'd look sooooo much better.

Edited by Mooshi

It is pretty awesome that they actually listen to their customers like this. I'm glad that the "tramp stamp" logo is gone. It really did not fit corsair as a company.

But it's not gone. It's gone for Cherry MX Red K70 RGB keyboard, it's still on everything else; mice, other keyboards, and headsets.

Now they just need to release the k65 in blues and in will care about it

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Logo-gate really does seem over the top.

I get that people expected something different, I am exactly the same.  Corsair didn't respond particularly well and appeared to be immediately on the defensive in a knee-jerk reaction.

It's good that they listen, they always gave the impression of a company who really do care about their customers.

I'm going to hold out for a K70 with brown switches, Nordic layout and of course, Corsair sails.

I hope that Corsair take this as a lesson learned in PR and marketing.  While many of their customers game, many of those customers are not 'gamers'.  Reading through the various threads it's apparent that the people who buy Corsair buy it for the premium quality professional presentation.  It also goes to show how passionate fans are for the company and the brand and how something we would normally gloss over and not pay particular attention to is now in the spotlight and everyone is talking about how damn cool both the keyboard and the brand are.

No one expects an overnight solution, Corsair handled the launch/product tier and subsequent backlash poorly but so did many of those most vocal.

A few more weeks/months and hopefully we should be a few software and firmware releases down the line and we'll all look back at this and laugh, if we're not too busy designing our keyboards with jiggling bewb patterns.

EDIT:- I thought he was suggesting that there was a batch of RGB's made with the old logo for the NA market and these are still on sale.  But it appears they're only going to use the old logo with the Red switches - surely the manufacturing process can't be that different?  I find it odd that they would take Reds out of the Gaming brand but leave Browns and Blues in which are more for typists and are less twitchy.