Third AC in production?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

If I remember the story correctly, she comes to Ezio after the brotherhood is destroyed in China. Revenge would imply she'll rebuild the brotherhood and defeat the Emperor, who might very well be a templar. 

Oh well, still not finished Brother Hood, can't coment on that.

im missing Ezio more and more, these other characters all lack that aura. you got the mental indian guy, the bad shit crazy pirat, and now a that.

now that sidecroller really seals the NOPE on this one

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Next : RTS Assassin's Creed.

Jeez.

They did that in Revelations I believe..... worked like a tower defense if I remember correctly.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

I liked 3....but maybe I just like the settings(Interest in culture/history) or the way you play.....BlackFlag is quite good too even if I don't like the story much. Probably the best pirate game ever created.

Story really hasn't been the strongest point in AC games since Brotherhood (although I've enjoyed the story aspects regardless). To me, AC has always been about the historical authenticity. AC3 and Black Flag were particularly well done in that regard.

Ubisoft made the mistake of focusing too much on Ezio's story with one full game and two shorter games. Brotherhood is regarded as one of the best in the series, if not the best, with 2 a close second. Altair, Connor and Edward got far less game-time (though Altair features in a spin-off game for the PSP, iirc) with one full game each (Altair's story was lackluster because AC introduced something new when it came out, and the missions were basically repeated). 

Either way, I'm excited for AC: Unity and other games in the series (if I get to play them). I'm glad Liberation is available for PC now, instead of being a Vita game. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

whats with all the shitty off-cut games having female lead rolls... WE WANT FEMALE ASSASSINS IN THE REAL GAMES AS WELL UBISOFT!

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Story really hasn't been the strongest point in AC games since Brotherhood (although I've enjoyed the story aspects regardless). To me, AC has always been about the historical authenticity. AC3 and Black Flag were particularly well done in that regard.

Ubisoft made the mistake of focusing too much on Ezio's story with one full game and two shorter games. Brotherhood is regarded as one of the best in the series, if not the best, with 2 a close second. Altair, Connor and Edward got far less game-time (though Altair features in a spin-off game for the PSP, iirc) with one full game each (Altair's story was lackluster because AC introduced something new when it came out, and the missions were basically repeated). 

Either way, I'm excited for AC: Unity and other games in the series (if I get to play them). I'm glad Liberation is available for PC now, instead of being a Vita game. 

I have exactly the same attitude towards AC as you do. I always liked that you could read about all the different buildings, characters(both real history and stuff that was changed) and everything else. The first AC has a bunch of small bugs, bad design ideas and thing that were repetitive but I always remember how amazing it looked when you played it the first time. I liked the altair time period very much.

Looking forward to Unity since its basically a complete replica of paris at that time. Brotherhood was the best(Even if I didn't like the whole thing where you defended your bases, and had to defend without actually doing anything yourself), but I think almost all the main games has merit.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I bet they had to make it a side-scroller in order to include the illusive female silhouette.

I don't get it they make the main character a woman only to change the entire game to another type of game, this seems a bit weird. Is this just a quick and dirty way of addressing peoples demand for a woman assassin? (if side-scrollers are easier and faster to make...)

Milk that brand name while you can.

no kidding

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I think this could be a good breath of fresh air into the series. I never liked AC though. But it does seem like a response to the criticism about not having a female character in the other games which is a good thing because if they do it right it could be really good for the industry. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Why was there fuss about not being able to play a female character in a game? WTF?

Why was there fuss about not being able to play a female character in a game? WTF?

It was because Ubisoft made some fucked up excuse about the efforts of the creation of a female character as a justification to not have one... some sort of weird logical excuse, when all they should have done was say: "we STILL own the creative control of our franchise and this is the path we chose, for our reasons and for the sake of the story we want to develop for the game. The reasons are the same for not having a black/hispanic/chinese/new_made_up_race character - we didn't do it because we don't want to."

It's not about feminism, racism, or any hyped bullshit that is on the web on this days - it's about creativity and creative control.

Ubisoft has no such thing - they are whoring themselfs to the hypes of the internet. I hope 4chan starts some sort of campaign on ubisoft prejudice so we can have a black midget character in the next AC.

It was because Ubisoft made some fucked up excuse about the efforts of the creation of a female character as a justification to not have one... some sort of weird logical excuse, when all they should have done was say: "we STILL own the creative control of our franchise and this is the path we chose, for our reasons and for the sake of the story we want to develop for the game. The reasons are the same for not having a black/hispanic/chinese/new_made_up_race character - we didn't do it because we don't want to."

It's not about feminism, racism, or any hyped bullshit that is on the web on this days - it's about creativity and creative control.

Ubisoft has no such thing - they are whoring themselfs to the hypes of the internet. I hope 4chan starts some sort of campaign on ubisoft prejudice so we can have a black midget character in the next AC.

Oh, okay.

That's not the excuse they gave. What they said was that it would have taken a lot of time and effort to make a male/female option in the game, and they are totally correct in saying that.

Here is the exact quote:

It's double the animations, it's double the voices, all that stuff and double the visual assets," Amancio said. "Especially because we have customizable assassins. It was really a lot of extra production work.

Because of that, the common denominator was Arno. It's not like we could cut our main character, so the only logical option, the only option we had, was to cut the female avatar.

Because of that comment we got headlines such as "Ubisoft are sexist" and "is "we don't have the resources" an okay excuse for keeping female heroes out of games?" and so on.

Now they are probably trying to win some respect back from the feminazi movement by hastily throwing together a side scroller, slap an AC sticker on the front and go "look, we got games with female protagonists!".

People in the comment section is already flaming Ubisoft for it. Saying that it's not connected to the main storyline so therefore it doesn't matter if it's a female protagonist or not.

I don't understand how people can't grasp the idea that including an additional character in a game does require quite a lot of extra work. It's not more expensive to include a female character just because it is a female character. It would be more expensive to include a male character in a game series based on a female character as well, because it would require far more work.

The first thing they would have to do was reanimate all the cut scenes. Judging by the previous assassin's creed games, this alone would be a big task since for example Black Flag had over 3 hours of cut scenes.

A huge amount of NPCs would also have to had two sets of dialog recorded in order for them to not mess up things like pronouns (him/her he/she etc). You would also need to record another voice for the protagonist. So that would be many many hours of additional dialog to record.

Then we come to all the clothes, other customizations as well as the animations. I don't know how many different customizable equipment pieces will be in Unity, but it will probably be 50 or more that needs to be redesigned. If you look at for example Skyrim, you can see just how different a male and female armor might look. It's not as simple as copy/pasting.

All that work, and for what? So that you can play the same game, but it looks slightly different? Remember, Ubisoft has so stupid deadlines they can't even get their games working properly before releasing them. Now you want them to spend weeks making another protagonist as well, just so that some people can change something that in the end has no impact on the actual gameplay whatsoever?

It's not worth it... And that is coming from someone who almost always pick to play female whenever I got the chance (WoW, Pokémon, Dungeon Siege, Saints Row, Elder Scrolls, the list goes on and on and on).

What gender your character has in a game makes no difference to whether the game is good or not, in my opinion at least. I didn't say "wow what a bad game" when I saw that Samus was a girl, but a lot of these pseudo feminists are saying games where you play as a male character are bad and sexist. It just a witch hunt at this point.

With how bad a lot of modern games are, I am surprised that people give two shits about which gender the protagonist is. If you ask me, we should first address real sexism (and I mean serious ones not just "baww boys don't play with babies and girls don't play with Nerf guns in the toy catalogs! That's sexism!"), then we should address games being crap, and then we can start talking about which gender the main character has.

I think this is a nice addition. I am not a fan of season passes (because I dislike crappy DLC in general) but if I get a small game as a bonus then I would be more okay with it. Judging by the screenshots it could be decent.

Looks kind of interesting but if it's part of AC Unity's Season pass it will probably feel more like DLC than a stand alone game.  

That's not the excuse they gave. What they said was that it would have taken a lot of time and effort to make a male/female option in the game, and they are totally correct in saying that.

Here is the exact quote:

Because of that comment we got headlines such as "Ubisoft are sexist" and "is "we don't have the resources" an okay excuse for keeping female heroes out of games?" and so on.

Now they are probably trying to win some respect back from the feminazi movement by hastily throwing together a side scroller, slap an AC sticker on the front and go "look, we got games with female protagonists!".

People in the comment section is already flaming Ubisoft for it. Saying that it's not connected to the main storyline so therefore it doesn't matter if it's a female protagonist or not.

I think this is a nice addition. I am not a fan of season passes (because I dislike crappy DLC in general) but if I get a small game as a bonus then I would be more okay with it. Judging by the screenshots it could be decent.

That's what I meant LAwLz, yet I choose to summarize that into: "the efforts of the creation of a female character as a justification to not have one." , but unlike you I don't get the point of saying it... even if it's true, wich probably is, it's irrelevant.

The decisions of the narrative are up to them, you have alot of examples where characters are re-used, not only better versions of themselfs but even as unchanged versions because of the efforts it takes to create a character, both technically and in the narrative - you get this in games, animation, movies, tv shows, etc... and even in books. You manage that by having creative control of the history - Ubisoft has their reasons, it's their franchise.

I mean, this is not one of those old Disney movies, where racism context was present in the society and was a aknowleged behavior aqnd such movies reflected it. We are talking about the gender of a game character, it should be a no-subject because in fact it is a no subject.

But the media decides to make noize about it, and Ubisoft cracks to it. That's empowering a shitty behavior from the press, and empowering who you call feminazis. That's why I "flame" them, if it can be considered flame... it's like Ubisoft actions are on opposites: on this subject, where they actually have reason they crack, in others where they deliver crappy products and the media points it out, they stand ground.

It reflects the current condition of Ubisoft.

Looks like Guild Wars 2 art style.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

This probably isn't in response to social pressure. If anything, they'd be making more news/announcements about Beyond Good and Evil 2 if they wanted to appease feminists/equal representation dudes/people who have wanted that bloody sequel.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Looks more like "My ass, it's Greed" to me. Not one of your installments have convinced me to attempt a playthrough after trying AC3 for a while, what do people see in this series?