System Build Upgrades - Do You Pay For Your Own Upgrades or Do Mum & Dad?

Geekazoid

i feel the same way its like how could i ask for a 1000 bucks so i can get a pc and sit on my ass all day and play videogames or sit on the internet

exactly, i could not imagine doing that, because your asking some else for money, so you can enjoy it. Own money = get to spend it on own enjoyment. 

but i guess some people dont understand that aspect of life yet.

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

I don't rely on Mum or Pops!

I instead rely on Tech Fairies to bring me my tech needs, I just request it by placing them in web shopping carts and when they request numbers I think hard and the fairies guide my fingers to the magic numbers, then the tech gets to me in cardboard boxes through fairy medium's via trucks labeled USPS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL.

All hail the Tech Fairies! Why they keep sending me letters reminding me of my presents value is beyond me. :huh:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

-snip-

Now, what is your reply in text? ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Now, what is your reply in text? ;)

HAHAHAHA

HA...HAHA...Ha..

edit: btw, why do I need a reply in text? what am I supposed to say? I'll begin paying for my pc rigs/updates when I get a job, which should be sometime between my November-to-March holidays?

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

I don't rely on Mum or Pops!

I instead rely on Tech Fairies to bring me my tech needs, I just request it by placing them in web shopping carts and when they request numbers I think hard and the fairies guide my fingers to the magic numbers, then the tech gets to me in cardboard boxes through fairy medium's via trucks labeled USPS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL.

All hail the Tech Fairies! Why they keep sending me letters reminding me of my presents value is beyond me. :huh:

You just posted that ^ to get a like didn't you? Come on, admit it. :D

Same here, i will only ask for stuff on my Birthday (Tomz on the 25th hype hype hype get a K70 and M45 mouse) and on Christmas. Sometime's they'll bail me out if i'm, say $10 short, 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

HAHAHAHA

HA...HAHA...Ha..

Whoa! Don't go too crazy. Dayem! :o

I've saved and paid everything myself, yeah. *puts on cool sunglasses*

Hmm, you told me something different to that last Saturday. :D:P *rips cool glasses off Wauthar* :D JK

Hi guys,

As the title asks, I'm just curious about this.

The only time my parents might pay for something is on my

birthday and Christmas, that's it. I pay for all of my stuff.

Do you really expect to get an honest answer? I bet you there's a ton of spoiled brats on here.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

tumblr_m7s99rMsUu1r6q6dc.gif

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Well since I'm 31, I rely on myself to afford all my hardware and hardware upgrade.

Like the little kid says in the movie " big daddy " quote " I wipe my own ass " lol :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I make more money than me mum xD only time I get stuff is when they owe me or Birthday sometimes Christmas....

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

I make more money than me mum xD only time I get stuff is when they owe me or Birthday sometimes Christmas....

I was going to ask you a question, however, I think it falls under the MYOB category. ;)

I've always had the mindset that asking for something is the same as giving up, therefore it has never crossed my mind to ask for help from relatives or friends; Keep saving, keep trying and keep pushing and eventually you will reach the goal on your own.

Cheers,

Linus

more of a kids question i guess :P

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I was going to ask you a question, however, I think it falls under the MYOB category. ;)

ask away if you wish I truly don't care if I do I'll either PM you the answer or just not answer at all.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

ask away if you wish I truly don't care if I do I'll either PM you the answer or just not answer at all.

Alright, here goes nothing!

Do you help your parents out financially?

Alright, here goes nothing!

Do you help your parents out financially?

Yes actually I help my mom out quite often, Dad notso much (he left when I was a baby so as far as I'm concerned I don't care)  as I had said in my original comment when she's giving me money it's either my birthday or money she owed me...

Apart from christmas (hasn't happened yet) I have paid for all my upgrades.

I paid for my entire rig from scratch, but I do get peripherals and stuff of that nature from family and friends for holidays and birthdays.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

My parents is against me buying a PC for gaming, they said the laptop they provide me is good enough.

So after i graduated from university and started working , it tooks be about 6~7 months to save up money for the rig in my sig. 

Other than the rig and monitor , everything is saved up from monthy allowance from parents during my college period.

And my headphones is paid with refunded deposit from university after I graduated.

I feel it's better to use your own hardwork money to purchase anything , in that way you will think more rationally and do a full research

on the products , whether the products worth it. 

CPU: Intel i5-4670K CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB Storage:  Samsung 850 evo 250GB ,1TB WD BLUE, Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair AX760 Full Modular Monitor: Dell 23" S2340L IPS Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mouse: Logitech G502(w/ Mi Metal Mousepad) Headphone: Audio Technica ATH-M50/MSR-7 Speaker: Edifier Studio 7 R2730DB

Yes actually I help my mom out quite often, Dad notso much (he left when I was a baby so as far as I'm concerned I don't care)  as I had said in my original comment when she's giving me money it's either my birthday or money she owed me...

Ah okay. Sorry to hear about your dad :(. Good on you! :)

I work in a hospital 60 hours a week as an intern but I don't get paid for that. My whole rig has been paid with money from birthdays and christmasses past and I've none left.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.