Saltwater Powered Electric Car

DirectT3CH

That combined with the 920hp of the car are amazing - imagine the power of this with the reduced weight and smaller size of tomorrow's cars. Flow cells could be the future of automobiles, this car solves almost all of the problems that electric cars have nowadays (except weight and pricetag).

Take off speed is more about torque and how well it is applied if I remember correctly. Still, I just wish it sounded as good as a gasoline engine.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You're kidding, right? Do you not understand how the worlds water supply works?

Unless you are saying that they will deplete whole oceans I really don't see the problem. Considering that more than 2/3 of our planet is water and 97% of it is salt water there is no chance they can make even a slight dent in it so there would be plenty left to be converted to fresh water.If you are talking about something other than that please elaborate. 

Take off speed is more about torque and how well it is applied if I remember correctly. Still, I just wish it sounded as good as a gasoline engine.

The car is heavy and has a lot of power which results in a lot of torque, in other words the force that's applied to make the wheels spin.

It may sound not as cool but a gasoline car that quick usually is pretty loud, this car is more designed to transport people with comfort in my opinion, which means the more silent the better.

144Hz goodness

The car is heavy and has a lot of power which results in a lot of torque, in other words the force that's applied to make the wheels spin.

It may sound not as cool but a gasoline car that quick usually is pretty loud, this car is more designed to transport people with comfort in my opinion, which means the more silent the better.

Meh, I like the roar of a v8 engine. And gasoline engines can be nearly as quiet at cruising speeds, depending on the manufacturer. I was thinking more along the lines of sounds during racing and stuff. (yes street racing)

Meh, I like the roar of a v8 engine. And gasoline engines can be nearly as quiet at cruising speeds, depending on the manufacturer. I was thinking more along the lines of sounds during racing and stuff. (yes street racing)

They can be, but this car's competition are V12 supercars, those aren't silent, not even in 7th gear on a highway.

I personally love V10s and their higher pitched noise, can't replicate that with an electric car :/

Maybe the next generation of people is fine with silent racing cars because they grew up with this kind of technology.

144Hz goodness

They can be, but this car's competition are V12 supercars, those aren't silent, not even in 7th gear on a highway.

I personally love V10s and their higher pitched noise, can't replicate that with an electric car :/

Maybe the next generation of people is fine with silent racing cars because they grew up with this kind of technology.

Meh, your probably right. For some reason I just don't find this sort of performance from an electric motor to be impressive.

hmm... gull wing doors... i dont  like those. they look cool but they arent convenient in any way...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1