Some Moto 360's suffering from image retention

dizmo

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

(I just had to do it, I just had to! :D)

i wouldn't really say android wear is a joke, just the devices it runs on.

At this point the two are synonymous because both were created (rightfully so) in fear of the Apple Watch nearly two years (almost exactly in fact) before the Apple Watch itself just so they now can say they were first. First with shit products shouldn't even count as first.

Something about it just doesn't look right.

You mean the casing and the band? Yeah, I didn't think those looked right either. The software, though...

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

(I just had to do it, I just had to! :D)

At this point the two are synonymous because both were created (rightfully so) in fear of the Apple Watch nearly two years (almost exactly in fact) before the Apple Watch itself just so they now can say they were first. First with shit products shouldn't even count as first.

You mean the casing and the band? Yeah, I didn't think those looked right either. The software, though...

I don't know if they were created in fear of the Apple watch. Sure, it might have been a thought, but the Pebble's sales, as well as the success of the Kickstarter projects and interest in them also likely played a part.

The band I'm fine with. Leather is leather, and since it uses standard sized lugs you have a virtually endless supply of options to change it out.

It's the bezel, for sure. I don't even mind that it's there. It just looks..cheap?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I don't know if they were created in fear of the Apple watch. Sure, it might have been a thought, but the Pebble's sales, as well as the success of the Kickstarter projects and interest in them also likely played a part.

The Pebble has never sold well, and projects on Kickstarter are known to only be backed by early adopters and geeks.

They were absolutely created in fear of the Apple Watch, just look at the Samsung commercial released a few days after the launch. Also I suggest you look at when the first watch rumors surfaced and when the Galaxy Gear was announced and you'll be quite surprised to note that back in 2012 the iWatch was said to be coming in the second half of 2013...right when the Galaxy Gear came out.

The Galaxy Gear was undoubtedly a rushed product, as have the (10?) Samsung watches since then. And it's only been a year. While Samsung was hurriedly scampering around tossing shit at the walls to see what sticks, Apple was working on the onus for Samsung's mad dash in the first place.

The Motorola 360 is THE ONLY Android Wear peripheral that shows any hint of design sense or forethought into the question of what should a smart watch look like, and it still falls short of the Apple Watch.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The Pebble has never sold well, and projects on Kickstarter are known to only be backed by early adopters and geeks.

They were absolutely created in fear of the Apple Watch, just look at the Samsung commercial released a few days after the launch. Also I suggest you look at when the first watch rumors surfaced and when the Galaxy Gear was announced and you'll be quite surprised to note that back in 2012 the iWatch was said to be coming in the second half of 2013...right when the Galaxy Gear came out.

The Galaxy Gear was undoubtedly a rushed product, as have the (10?) Samsung watches since then. And it's only been a year. While Samsung was hurriedly scampering around tossing shit at the walls to see what sticks, Apple was working on the onus for Samsung's mad dash in the first place.

The Motorola 360 is THE ONLY Android Wear peripheral that shows any hint of design sense or forethought into the question of what should a smart watch look like, and it still falls short of the Apple Watch.

I was wondering how long it'd take you to come in, Apple banner waving, chanting their praises.

And that's all I have to say about that. Not worth my time. :)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I was wondering how long it'd take you to come in, Apple banner waving, chanting their praises.

Yes, clearly saying that shitty products that aren't made by Apple suck is banner waving.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Yes, clearly saying that shitty products that aren't made by Apple suck is banner waving.

Reread what you wrote, you praise Apple every chance you get. Every line. Like they're the only one working on smart watches or something.

The Apple one isn't even finished yet. By the time it is other manufacturers will have better products out.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

In your opinion.

In my opinion the Apple Watch looks bad. Looks are subjective though, which is why I rarely care to even mention them. Until we get some good benchmarks of the Apple Watch I don't really have any comment on it except the general criticism of smart watches (doesn't offer any killer functionality, too expensive, not water proof etc).

I think the LG G Watch Round looks pretty good as well. The screen seems a bit too small though.

LG-G-Watch-R-Hands-On-Photo2.jpg

No actually, you're the one saying other companies products are shit. You're saying Samsung only released a smart watch because they thought Apple was making one (and thus that Samsung only copies Apple). You said that they are throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. You're saying no other watch is designed as well as the Apple Watch. You're saying the pebble didn't sell well even though it's sold something like half a million units.

You have to admit that you defend Apple 99.9% of the cases, even when they are clearly in the wrong. It's getting very tiring.

You have to admit that you defend Apple 99.9% of the cases, even when they are clearly in the wrong. It's getting very tiring.

They're always wrong from your point of view, my fine feathered friend. Always.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Erm.

Common Motorola,

Should have a larger BOM cost on a smartwatch...

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

I might get one if they get a metal band

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

They're always wrong from your point of view, my fine feathered friend. Always.

Nope they are not always wrong. If you want an example then I gave them credit and even defended them in the thread about them removing the backdoor for the encryption in iOS. That was yesterday.

Just one of many examples. Credit where credit's due. Shit where shit's due.

Edit:

I also defended them in the OIS test thread where someone straps a vibrator to it and the result is that the iPhone 4 is more stead than the iPhone 6+ with OIS (pointing out that the method was flawed and explained why it happened).

I was also defending Apple in the iPhone 6 drop test that was faked by Android authority (putting the blame solely on AA and saying that Apple most likely did not bribe them).

I will defend anyone who I think is getting undeserved hate. Be it Samsung, HTC, AMD, Intel, Nvidia, Microsoft, Google, you name it.

But I will also shit on someone who is getting undeserved praise and when talking to you that's often Apple.

What makes it feminine?

Too narrow wristband for a circular face. (Proportionally) It's not 100% feminine, but it's too feminine for me, personally.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I am interested in 3 wearables. 2 of them don't even have concepts out right now but I am interested in what these companies will offer.

First one, which does have designs and you can prepurchase it, is the Kairos Watch. It's a mechanical/smart watch hybrid. I really think this is a FANTASTIC idea. It uses a transparent screen so you can view the mecanical aspect but the screen will show all the stuff you would really need it seems. Though, don't have any actual tests with it but it looks like a good product and interesting and nice to own. I would love for smart watches to go this route.

https://kairoswatches.com/

The next one I am interested in is from Fossil. YES, a huge watch maker and Intel announced that they will be working together to make a smart watch. OH BABY! This is really good news. This most likely means a stylish watch that probably will support multiple OS's and is from a well known watch maker which means they alrealy know how a watch should be. So, I'm interested in what this watch will be.

I am also intersted in what Microsoft will come up with. Essentually, MS could show off a watch and/or some wearable on Sept. 30th (or some other later date) when they have their keynote. We know they have been working on some because of their patents they have submitted. So, I am interested in what they will come up with.

I personaly want this:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/18070983/Microsoft-smartwatch-concept-windows-for-wearables

(not real, concept renders, but windows will have watch)

The problem with this is while we can see how some of how it works we really don't know much of how it would actually work. Concept renders usually don't turn out very well or really are doable. This kind of stuff is like very early stages of an actual product where LOTS of stuff would be changed to actually make it usable and functional.

I was considering a smartwatch, and this was the only one I really would have considered buying because it looks the most like a proper watch. However, I think I will wait for the market to mature a little before I dive in. I did the same with Smartphones and I am still only just considering my first tablet.

I would suggest (unless you're going to go for andoid or something) that you get a tablet/2in1 that comes with the next intel processor. The intel core m processor will offer great performance and be able to run full windows on a very thin tablet/2in1. It's very efficient and uses less power making it able to run on thin tablets. I have been sceptical about tablets to and the idea that it was just a phone OS on a bigger screen and didn't offer much more usability. So personally I am going with a tablet running Windows in the future. Ill be able to get A LOT of usage out of it wether I would need it for productive or playful tablet/laptop use.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8475/intels-core-m-strategy-cpu-specifications-for-9mm-fanless-tablets

i wouldn't really say android wear is a joke, just the devices it runs on.

I agree to the devices part but I am also in agreement that Android Wear is kinda a joke. IDK if it's actually good or not since I haven't used it but it seems to me that there is to much to swipe and not so easy to remember how it all works. Though again, I haven't used one yet. So, it could be great. I am interested in seeing how well it works and I would be shocked if it really like it but then also not bothered if I didn't. We are still at the begginning of this great tech. I am really looking forward to what other companies offer in hardware and software to find something that can really blow me away. So far Kairos to me seems to have the best hardware from the looks but I don't know about the software. It may take a couple years before I can actually want to buy a smart watch.

In your opinion.

In my opinion the Apple Watch looks bad. Looks are subjective though, which is why I rarely care to even mention them. Until we get some good benchmarks of the Apple Watch I don't really have any comment on it except the general criticism of smart watches (doesn't offer any killer functionality, too expensive, not water proof etc).

I think the LG G Watch Round looks pretty good as well. The screen seems a bit too small though.

LG-G-Watch-R-Hands-On-Photo2.jpg

No actually, you're the one saying other companies products are shit. You're saying Samsung only released a smart watch because they thought Apple was making one (and thus that Samsung only copies Apple). You said that they are throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. You're saying no other watch is designed as well as the Apple Watch. You're saying the pebble didn't sell well even though it's sold something like half a million units.

The only problem I have with that G Watch R is that stupid clockface they keep showing it with... it's not a metal surface, so stop trying to make it look like one with that stupid shading!!! I know you can change it later, so I'm not that bothered... I'm mostly just bothered that they thought that was a nice look.

The only problem I have with that G Watch R is that stupid clockface they keep showing it with... it's not a metal surface, so stop trying to make it look like one with that stupid shading!!! I know you can change it later, so I'm not that bothered... I'm mostly just bothered that they thought that was a nice look.

Yeah it's a cheap trick to make it look flashier.

But fear not! The perfect watchface is already on the Google Play store: Secret Agent Watchface

GoldeEye-watchface-Moto-3601.jpg

Now we just need a smartwatch that can shoot lasers.

can we just have a smart watch with AMOLED?

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

No. No. NO.

I see your behaviour in literally every thread, always pushing Apple, bashing their competitors, and making light of any criticism directed at Apple, brushing them off with anecdotal evidence, (which isn't really evidence at all).

Worse, you act victimised whenever someone behaves the same way toward Apple.

It's usually done at a level where I'd consider it petty of me to reply, but it's definitely there, and it's a bit of a nuisance; typically resulting in fanboy arguments.

/endRant

Anyhow this is such a shame that Motorola has this many issues with the Moto 360. It might well come to haunt them with the second iteration. I don't see why they could have used a more modern, efficient, powerful processor, as well as a slightly higher resolution display.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

No. No. NO. I see your behaviour in literally every thread, always pushing Apple, bashing their competitors, and making light of any criticism directed at Apple, brushing them off with anecdotal evidence, (which isn't really evidence at all). Worse, you act victimised whenever someone behaves the same way toward Apple. It's usually done at a level where I'd consider it petty of me to reply, but it's definitely there, and it's a bit of a nuisance; typically resulting in fanboy arguments.

Would you be surprised to hear you're not the first to say that?

I'm sorry you feel that way...I guess.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

These are the first smart watches on the market... Just wait for 2nd gen smart watches, they'll be better and more powerful.

Its just like when the first iPhone came out, wasn't very powerful and didn't do an awful lot. Same for the first Android phones, weren't very powerful... Android was still very immature. I give it another year and smart watches will be something everyone will want.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Would you be surprised to hear you're not the first to say that?

I'm sorry you feel that way...I guess.

Honestly I don't read your stuff that way. This forum and most of the tech-savvy internet is super anti-apple to a creepy level and uses strawmen Apple fanboys as their justification. 

Watch this forum, whenever anything android gets posted the discussion is pretty standard and focused on the topic. Whenever anything Apple gets posted half the posts are "lol apple makes the worst products" and "Apple fanboys will love this" and more.

Heaven forbid you point this out, though. The fanboys are super defensive when called out.

Should add "It's on my wrist" option to the poll :lol: 

As of right now, I have had zero issues with my Moto360 and it has been a great buy in my opinion. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Huh, if it didn't look so feminine I'd probably already have bought one, so this is unfortunate.

Feminine?

Have you seen female watches v/ male watches?

Lmao this is not a watch targeted at females

This is a pretty typical watch for a female

max1-t-10-tissot-watch-ladies.jpg

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it