Some Moto 360's suffering from image retention

dizmo

-snip-

I point it out all the time. It's a losing battle.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The more I hear about the Moto 360, the worse it sounds.

if I had been interested in it to begin with, I would be pissed at Motorola for going form over function.

The LG G Watch R sounds like it will be far superior in comparison.

Exactly how I feel, personally I think smart watches are kind of stupid, since watches are fashion accessories and thus one that looks ugly and has a half-day battery is kind of stupid. The amount of time it would take to pull out my phone to do something vs looking at a tiny 1" screen will always be worth it. Granted, I do like the idea of watches being able to have notification lights and vibrations to let you know you have a new message of phone call.

And this is why the apple watch will be my first smart watch

But how do you know the Apple Watch won't have any issues?

Making your mind up before having all the facts on the table is a very bad idea.

At least wait for good, nonbiased reviews to come out before deciding which Smart Watch to get.

Honestly I don't read your stuff that way. This forum and most of the tech-savvy internet is super anti-apple to a creepy level and uses strawmen Apple fanboys as their justification. 

Watch this forum, whenever anything android gets posted the discussion is pretty standard and focused on the topic. Whenever anything Apple gets posted half the posts are "lol apple makes the worst products" and "Apple fanboys will love this" and more.

Heaven forbid you point this out, though. The fanboys are super defensive when called out.

I suggest you watch this forum some more. Apple get a lot of undeserved bashing but also a lot of undeserved praise/defense. The same can be said for any brand on this forum. AMD, Nvidia, Intel, Corsair and so on.

This is a pretty typical watch for a female

So is this:

K0051E000-Q11@3.jpg

Proportionally identical to a moto 360, and for women. It's a very typical female targeted design. Just because the face is thicker and it being overall bigger doesn't make it look more masculine.

Plus I'm not saying it's 100% feminine, I'm saying out of all smartwatches, it's the most feminine, and too feminine for me, individually. YMMV

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Would you be surprised to hear you're not the first to say that?

I'm sorry you feel that way...I guess.

Frankly I'm not at all surprised. Thanks for the apology at least.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Honestly I don't read your stuff that way. This forum and most of the tech-savvy internet is super anti-apple to a creepy level and uses strawmen Apple fanboys as their justification.

Watch this forum, whenever anything android gets posted the discussion is pretty standard and focused on the topic. Whenever anything Apple gets posted half the posts are "lol apple makes the worst products" and "Apple fanboys will love this" and more.

Heaven forbid you point this out, though. The fanboys are super defensive when called out.

Oh I agree fully. The Apple bashing is phenomenal. However, there are people who complain about that but are just as bad.

Oh I agree fully. The Apple bashing is phenomenal. However, there are people who complain about that but are just as bad.

So the bashing is bad, but the people who call for it to stop are just as bad?

You can't have it both ways.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

And I used to be so excited for this thing. More and more bad sides are just popping up as time goes on.

But hey, that's why I stopped pre-ordering stuff...

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

So the bashing is bad, but the people who call for it to stop are just as bad?

You can't have it both ways.

Cheers for completely misconstruing what I'm saying. I'm saying you're almost as bad as the people who bash on Apple, because you do pretty much the same thing. You bash on anything that Apple competes with.

Proof is right here in this thread where you present your biased opinions as rock solid facts; hating on the Moto 360.

That's what I'm not OK with. It makes me question whether you were just unaware of what you were doing, or if you were doing it deliberately.

Don't get me wrong, people shouldn't hate on Apple. But you can't have it both ways where you can criticise everyone else and then do the same thing.

can we just have a smart watch with AMOLED?

Isn't image burn in worse on AMOLED?

I thought that was one of the major draw backs for the tech at the moment.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Have never been interested in any "wearable" product, yet.

But I do feel sorry for those who get defective ones.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

I thought that was one of the major draw backs for the tech at the moment.

It is.

Right now it is pretty much the only drawback. I don't know how big of a deal burn in is these days, but you can pretty clearly see it on for example old Galaxy S 2s these days.

First off, @BallGum @LAwLz I'd like to thank you for not turning this into a huge Apple bash/defense thread. Your posts were well thought out and didn't just attack @Builder for defending/liking Apple products like I've seen in other threads. They were rather well thought out and made your point without taking it to the personal "you're an idiot" level.

Merci.

The only problem I have with that G Watch R is that stupid clockface they keep showing it with... it's not a metal surface, so stop trying to make it look like one with that stupid shading!!! I know you can change it later, so I'm not that bothered... I'm mostly just bothered that they thought that was a nice look.

Haha, oddly enough that's probably one I'd pick. But I love that style face on Seiko watches. So. There's that.

can we just have a smart watch with AMOLED?

Burn in, I believe.

These are the first smart watches on the market... Just wait for 2nd gen smart watches, they'll be better and more powerful.

Its just like when the first iPhone came out, wasn't very powerful and didn't do an awful lot. Same for the first Android phones, weren't very powerful... Android was still very immature. I give it another year and smart watches will be something everyone will want.

True, but it's pretty lackluster even compared to other devices that are out now. Look at the G Watch R. Much better spec, and battery size. Perhaps even screen.

Clearly they're doing something right if they have an always on setting.

And this is why the apple watch will be my first smart watch

By the time the Apple watch is released I imagine they'll already have 2nd generation Android Wear watches out.

Samsung, I predict, will be on it's 7th iteration at the rate they pump out products. *shudder*

But looking at your parts it's of no surprise it'll be an Apple Watch ;)

On an unrelated note, do you have a massive bunk bed, or are those springs on your ceiling?

Should add "It's on my wrist" option to the poll :lol:

As of right now, I have had zero issues with my Moto360 and it has been a great buy in my opinion. 

I don't know why I didn't even think of that..

I'll add it now!

Do you find it rather large and bulky? It looks kind of huge.

Exactly how I feel, personally I think smart watches are kind of stupid, since watches are fashion accessories and thus one that looks ugly and has a half-day battery is kind of stupid. The amount of time it would take to pull out my phone to do something vs looking at a tiny 1" screen will always be worth it. Granted, I do like the idea of watches being able to have notification lights and vibrations to let you know you have a new message of phone call.

Yeah I agree. I can see them being useful in some situations, like on a date or in a meeting where you really can't pull out your phone without looking like a complete ass or being extremely disrespectful.

However, I don't think I'd spend the money on one to only wear it every so often.

It is.

Right now it is pretty much the only drawback. I don't know how big of a deal burn in is these days, but you can pretty clearly see it on for example old Galaxy S 2s these days.

I think burn in was still an issue with the panels? At least if they're on for long periods.
Then again I'm sure higher quality panels wouldn't be as bad.
Personally, I'm hoping for OLED to take off. It'll use way, way less battery life and be a lot thinner.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

First off, @BallGum @LAwLz I'd like to thank you for not turning this into a huge Apple bash/defense thread. Your posts were well thought out and didn't just attack @Builder for defending/liking Apple products like I've seen in other threads. They were rather well thought out and made your point without taking it to the personal "you're an idiot" level.

Merci.

Haha, oddly enough that's probably one I'd pick. But I love that style face on Seiko watches. So. There's that.

Burn in, I believe.

True, but it's pretty lackluster even compared to other devices that are out now. Look at the G Watch R. Much better spec, and battery size. Perhaps even screen.

By the time the Apple watch is released I imagine they'll already have 2nd generation Android Wear watches out.

Samsung, I predict, will be on it's 7th iteration at the rate they pump out products. *shudder*

On an unrelated note, do you have a massive bunk bed, or are those springs on your ceiling?

I'll add it now!

Not at all. To me it's about the same size as the average watch and it's actually the same size as my daily watch before the 360. I personally think the watch is very light and comfortable to wear.

I notice lag with certain motions from time to time but it's not bad. I am going on my second week with it now and I have yet to have to worry about battery life. I find it as a good supplement to my daily routine and also get a lot of compliments and questions about it.

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Not at all. To me it's about the same size as the average watch and it's actually the same size as my daily watch before the 360. I personally think the watch is very light and comfortable to wear.

I notice lag with certain motions from time to time but it's not bad. I am going on my second week with it now and I have yet to have to worry about battery life. I find it as a good supplement to my daily routine and also get a lot of compliments and questions about it.

Did you find any screen retention in your device? Hopefully not!

Oddly enough I find heavier watches to be what I enjoy. I like knowing it's there.

As long as it makes it through a day, I think that's all that matters. I mean, I charge the phone every night, so is it really that much more to drop the watch on the charger?

I mean, I am taking it off anyway, so...I've got to put it down somewhere.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Merci.

Burn in, I believe.

I'll add it now!

Yeah I agree. I can see them being useful in some situations, like on a date or in a meeting where you really can't pull out your phone without looking like a complete ass or being extremely disrespectful.

However, I don't think I'd spend the money on one to only wear it every so often.

I think burn in was still an issue with the panels? At least if they're on for long periods.

Then again I'm sure higher quality panels wouldn't be as bad.

Personally, I'm hoping for OLED to take off. It'll use way, way less battery life and .

Thats a lofted bed. I'm in a dorm room with two other roommates so I needed to loft it to fit all my computers. I need to update it though. I don't have that Alienware anymore. I love the android figures still, even though I don't particularly like android OS, the figures are cute.

Thats a lofted bed. I'm in a dorm room with two other roommates so I needed to loft it to fit all my computers. I need to update it though. I don't have that Alienware anymore. I love the android figures still, even though I don't particularly like android OS, the figures are cute.

Haha, gotcha. That would be a nightmare to try and crawl into while inebriated!

If you delete long posts you quote and replace the text with something like -snip- it helps cut down on clutter. Just a helpful piece of advice :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

You bash on anything that Apple competes with.

Again, that is your opinion, and rapidly becoming one that a majority of this forum's users don't share with you.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Did you find any screen retention in your device? Hopefully not!

Oddly enough I find heavier watches to be what I enjoy. I like knowing it's there.

As long as it makes it through a day, I think that's all that matters. I mean, I charge the phone every night, so is it really that much more to drop the watch on the charger?

I mean, I am taking it off anyway, so...I've got to put it down somewhere.

Not at all, my screen has been perfect. And the watch will easily make it though the day. I am currently at over 15 hours on battery and just got to 38% battery with heavy use today. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Valentyn, on 22 Sept 2014 - 6:00 PM, said:

I thought that was one of the major draw backs for the tech at the moment

dizmo, on 22 Sept 2014 - 7:43 PM, said:

Burn in, I believe.

What? Really?, I have had my Samsung ATIV odyssey for a year and a half now, it has a AMOLED display and I LOVE IT, but I have not once ever seen any kind of burn in

I'm pretty sure you have mistaken AMOLED for something else.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

What? Really?, I have had my Samsung ATIV odyssey for a year and a half now, it has a AMOLED display and I LOVE IT, but I have not once ever seen any kind of burn in

Have you left a static image on the screen for a very long period of time?

It's AMOLED. A quick Google search will bring up quite a few articles.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE.

Seriously, Android Wear needs an improved flagship model. I was probably as excited about the Moto 360 as anyone but I do wait for reviews before buying things and indeed it seems I made the sensible choice. This is aesthetically probably the only watch I wouldn't mind wearing in public in a non all-geeks environment and the bad news just keep coming :(

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Again, that is your opinion, and rapidly becoming one that a majority of this forum's users don't share with you.

I understand this. Unlike you however I like using PED; point, evidence, develop. It makes the opinion a little more credible and easier to understand.

Contrast that to what you're saying; just a point with no development or supporting evidence. I highly doubt people agree with you considering the amount of asinine arguments that tend to follow you (such as this one) . It would even seem as though someone's tried telling you about it before. Somehow you seem to delude yourself that everyone else is wrong.

Also, why not respond to the entire post instead of only one line?

I just think it's going to be so jarring when the apparent reflections done by the shading don't change when you change the angle you're looking from... It looks okay in photos but imagine having that fake shading on a proper screen where it just doesn't change when it should if it is real. That's just tacky... It would be nicer if it could have that face without the shading.

Does WP have any static element that rarely changes? For example Android has the notification bar at the top that's always black. On my old Galaxy S 2, if you display a completely white image and then hide the notification bar you can clearly see a line where the pixels are brighter and a different color. That's because the pixels on the status bar have been turned off significantly more than the rest of the screen and therefore haven't died as quickly.