What will Microsoft do now that it has Mojang?

Ed Hanak
Go to solution Solved by Myrhrai,

A purchase like this scares me on an incredible level, but I could just be worrying about nothing.

The change is scary but keep in mind this is not uncommon for Microsoft. They purchase smaller companies all the time, mostly it is not to change or alter the core value of the company but instead to add it to its portfolio of investments. This will however most likely mean pressure on the new head of Mojang to keep profits coming in. I feel it is also a safe bet that while Microsoft now owns Mojang they will, for the most part, not have much to do with its day to day operations. I do have to admit I am concerned about the possibility of them attempting to merge it with 343 Industries. 

Does anyone think that they will add micro transactions and what is your opinion on micro transactions in general?

They will proceed to ruin a game that was already ruined.

There already is micro transactions, server owners used them to make money.

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D

Why don't you ask them. They're the only ones who know.

But with their new intelligent CEO I doubt they would ruin the game by adding microtransactions. They are smarter than that.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

They might put micro transactions, but for Consoles, where modding isn't really a thing.

On PC, they'd have to completely get rid of modding for it to even make sense to put micro transactions in. Which would, in my opinion, kill the game.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Does anyone think that they will add micro transactions and what is your opinion on micro transactions in general?

If the add micro transactions minecraft will die so quickly.

I don't see how micro transactions would even work in minecraft.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Already kindof microtransactions in console versions

What kind? I don't see any

Dlcs, paid multilayer, paid updates, paid cheats...etc

I personally doubt they will do a lot.. On the surface. FaceBook acquired Oculus Rift, but you don't hear about "like" buttons in game and stuff like that. I do think they will put a little less time in the non-Microsoft releases (Meaning xbox360, xbox one and PC will have more time put in to them compared to the ps3/4 etc. releases). I think we're worrying too much.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Those were already there, not done by microsoft

he is saying that they will be payed not free.

he is saying that they will be payed not free.

As far as I'm aware, they aren't free.

Dlcs, paid multilayer, paid updates, paid cheats...etc

I feel that maybe people will stop playing if you have to pay for things such as skins and mods that would personally ruin the game for me. But I think they will play it smart and not make you pay for these.

I doubt anything will change.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

As far as I'm aware, they aren't free.

skins, and texture packs?

Nether DLC: $75

Multiplayer Gold Membership: $65/per month

the end expansion?

skins, and texture packs?

On the console version, I don't think the skins are free. I might be wrong though

If they planned to ask player to pay, it should be something that haven't been on the game. I don't think people will buy the game if custom maps has it's own price.

On the console version, I don't think the skins are free. I might be wrong though

pish console #pcmasterrace

Its free on pc for sure 

pish console #pcmasterrace

Its free on pc for sure 

The other guy was talking about console, I know all of this is free on PC.

The other guy was talking about console, I know all of this is free on PC.

Ok,

Lets hope it stays that way.

I think on the console version there are set vanilla skins that you can use, but there are these skin packs, or something like that, but you have to buys those. I hope Microsoft doesn't add those.