what do you want to see in a 3d printer?

pm94

so like the title says i want to know what features do you want to see in a 3D printer.

Fx-8150 @ 4.7Ghz/Corsair h110/asus hd7770 1gb/Gigabyte 990fxa ud3/corsair xms3 4Gb 1333Mhz 8-8-8-20/WD scorpio black 250GB/hp w19ev/nox nx520/logitech access keyboard (y-sr34)/1life gm:lightning/

a krispey kreme doughnut that I can print off google :)

Its all looks these days

Under $250 and actually good.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

one that isnt poop, easy to put together, and doesnt cost 3k

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

another kickstarter?

its not a kickstarter its a school project and if i can build a good enough 3d printer it may come to market so im asking you guys so i can make a 3d printer that the community wants not what i want

(im not EA xD)

Fx-8150 @ 4.7Ghz/Corsair h110/asus hd7770 1gb/Gigabyte 990fxa ud3/corsair xms3 4Gb 1333Mhz 8-8-8-20/WD scorpio black 250GB/hp w19ev/nox nx520/logitech access keyboard (y-sr34)/1life gm:lightning/

Forget 3D printer talk and what I want to see in one as heck I am waiting on something for regular printers and it is called affordable ink.  The price of cartridges is outrageous!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

its not a kickstarter its a school project and if i can build a good enough 3d printer it may come to market so im asking you guys so i can make a 3d printer that the community wants not what i want

(im not EA xD)

A modular 3d Printer with different part tiers so you can mix and match if you want to go for accurecy, higher temps or just take both :D

no bullshit proprietary filament

clean aesthetics - I'm not going to have something out in the open if it's a complete eye sore.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

A modular 3d Printer with different part tiers so you can mix and match if you want to go for accurecy, higher temps or just take both :D

that sounds pretty great idea i like it a lot

no bullshit proprietary filament

clean aesthetics - I'm not going to have something out in the open if it's a complete eye sore.

i need a standardized filament size so you wont be able to use all but you can use whatever brand you want 

i need a standardized filament size so you wont be able to use all but you can use whatever brand you want 

also, a spool compartment so you don't have to have a spool of filament ruining the aesthetic.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I would like to see an affordable one that prints metal. They do have a metal 3D printer at my wife's workplace, but it's way to expensive for your average Joe 

decent cost, good build area and cheaper materials

Under $250 and actually good.

one that isnt poop, easy to put together, and doesnt cost 3k

to all you guys i dont know if i can do anything about the cost because the market is still tiny and it needs way more demand so the prices drop due to buying the materials for the 3d printers in bulk 

but if the market grows i can promise 250$ 3d printers in the future

Edited by pm94

large, like a meter squared. (Man, it would be so easy to print costumes at that point.)

large, like a meter squared. (Man, it would be so easy to print costumes at that point.)

i like your idea but i need to see if it makes the transportation price go up significantly because i dont want to make the best 3d printer and cost as much as a premium car

to all you guys i dont know if i can do anything about the cost because the market is still tiny and it needs way more demand so the prices drop due to buying the materials for the 3d printers in bulk 

but if the market grows i can promise 250$ 3d printers in the future

Well, I thought this thread was just a general "What do you hope the future will bring" - thread, not something that would actually be used for something.

How about taking something like the Tantilus and make improvments to the design? You won't be able to sell it, but it might make for a cool school project.

You could make it modular or make a more slick design?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Well, I thought this thread was just a general "What do you hope the future will bring" - thread, not something that would actually be used for something.

How about taking something like the Tantilus and make improvments to the design? You won't be able to sell it, but it might make for a cool school project.

You could make it modular or make a more slick design?

my project needs to be sell able because i am at a professional school that works with several company's and they are funding the project so they want a cut back when i start selling

I really would like to be more precise and be able to print smaller but strong parts

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

I really would like to be more precise and be able to print smaller but strong parts

im going for the best precision i can get 

as for stronger parts that depends on the filament 

the only limitation is going to be the size of the filament and temp that the head can get other than that you can choose what material you use

Edited by pm94

im going for the best precision i can get 

as for stronger parts that depends on the filament 

the only limitation is going to be the size of the filament and temp that the head can get other than that you can choose what material you use

Just make it modular so everybody can choose :D(just saing) (again) (...)