Battlefield Hardline - Laughably bad

minimoose

It is different. I don't like the change. But if you do, buy it and enjoy it!

I enjoyed battelfield 3 and 4. I grew up on battefield but now I was wondering something different from just war... the beta was extremely unpolished so i agree with you on that

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Vote with your wallet

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

https://twitter.com/jackfrags/status/512700341393977346

And the way the gun recoils? Shudder.

Keep in mind, anything that you have access to at this point is NOT representative of the final product.

there's a difference between pre release with these issues and post-release.

BF4 was one that had an issue both pre, and post release.

I should probably revise my last post. If hardline ends up being good, it may be a game that I pick up, but I won't be a day-one launch guy, or preorder (though, you shouldn't preorder anything... unless you'd planned to buy it regardless of reviews and quality - currently, for me the only title that I will preorder sight-unseen is Mass Effect)

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I enjoyed battelfield 3 and 4. I grew up on battefield but now I was wondering something different from just war... the beta was extremely unpolished so i agree with you on that

I was willing to give it another chance after the beta. But I'm losing hope.

Vote with your wallet

Exactly what I plan to do.

Keep in mind, anything that you have access to at this point is NOT representative of the final product.

there's a difference between pre release with these issues and post-release.

BF4 was one that had an issue both pre, and post release.

I should probably revise my last post. If hardline ends up being good, it may be a game that I pick up, but I won't be a day-one launch guy, or preorder (though, you shouldn't preorder anything... unless you'd planned to buy it regardless of reviews and quality - currently, for me the only title that I will preorder sight-unseen is Mass Effect)

But look at battlefield 4 at this point last year. Wayy better in terms of graphics and animations.

But look at battlefield 4 at this point last year. Wayy better in terms of graphics and animations.

Well, like I said in my first post, I believe that both BF4 and Hardline* are a step backwards from BF3.

That doesn't mean that they aren't visually impressive in their own right, both are above and beyond what a lot of other engines can produce.

*understanding, of course that it's likely that the beta (I.E. my only interface with this game - I have not watched demos/trailers/gameplay of any sort) had heavily compressed files

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

If you like BF3 and/or BF4 then I genuinely believe your opinion on Hardline counts for absolutely fucking nothing.

Your taste in video games is so low and so poor that shit with sprinkles would be on your top ten.

If you like BF3 and/or BF4 then I genuinely believe your opinion on Hardline counts for absolutely fucking nothing.

Your taste in video games is so low and so poor that shit with sprinkles would be on your top ten.

Wow... Thanks for the ad hominem, you hurt me so much!

And, prey tell what games do you like?

Battlefield Hardline looks so unbelievable bad it's funny.  I'm a huge Battlefield fan, as @Askew can attest to, I have over 400 hours logged in Battlefield games.  But. What. The. Hell. Is. This?  Why do the animations look worse than Half-life 2, the trailers, which are usually much better than the actual game are BAD.  I hated the beta so much I barely played it.  I know they are changing things.  But check out the new "Hotwire" game mode.

So lame and boring.  And why do the cops freak out and whip out RPGs because a guy hits a car with a baseball bat?  WTF?  The game is clearing going for a Breaking Bad style, which it totally fails since the game consists of running around and shooting.  And again, the graphics and animation are so bad.

Also lastly, something that most people will say I am taking to seriously.

It disturbs me that we would make a game with police that are so weaponized it is a Battlefield game.  The fact that we even consider that make me very sad.

And all this makes me angry, because I love Battlefield!

Looks totally badass....if it wasn't part of the Battlefield franchise. Wtf is this turning in to????

This.is.not.Battlefield :'(

Certainly EA aiming for the GTA target. This should have been called just Hardline.

Looks totally badass....if it wasn't part of the Battlefield franchise. Wtf is this turning in to????

I dunno man. I'm not sure if it would be good if it wasn't Battlefield. But my judgement is clouded because it is.

This.is.not.Battlefield :'( Certainly EA aiming for the GTA target. This should have been called just Hardline.

But what I don't get, is that it is nothing like GTA!

But what I don't get, is that it is nothing like GTA!

Well I was referring to the urban/crime/cops/car chases feeling it transmits, but with more pewpewpew.

Well I was referring to the urban/crime/cops/car chases feeling it transmits, but with more pewpewpew.

But it's a multiplayer arena shooter, not a story driven third person open world

I don't like it either and I'm not buying it, I'm just going to wait for the next normal BF.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

It's decent, not bad. I just need a good shooter.. BF comes to mind as I've played enough COD. 

And it'll improve overtime but much more rapidly(supposedly) as the devs behind this are said to be better. 

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

Battlefield series has not been good since 2142...what's new?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

400 hours? That it?

I have like 800 in Bad Company 2 alone :/  Get on my level scrub.

Also it looks alrigth to me, gonna wait for the fan feedback and reviews this time though, bitten twice by the laziness of developers on Battlefield titles.

I am the Black Mage, I cast the magic that makes the people fall down

Snip

Very mature of you.

Start a topic because of you don't like a game.

I personaly think it looks fun, if the gameplay is going to be like the trailer then it might be fun.

You have no right to start a topic because you hate something. YOu realize that you will start a comment war, because some ppl on LTT like BFH

Have a great day!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

And why do the cops freak out and whip out RPGs because a guy hits a car with a baseball bat?  WTF?

It's a game, they could start the chase because the guy stole a doughnut for all I care.

It disturbs me that we would make a game with police that are so weaponized it is a Battlefield game.  The fact that we even consider that make me very sad.

This doesn't even make sense.

Why do the animations look worse than Half-life 2, the trailers, which are usually much better than the actual game are BAD

the graphics and animation are so bad.

Way to over exaggerate, they're definitely not worse than HL2, they're not bad at all actually. The graphics are good and the animations are fine.

Very mature of you.

Start a topic because of you don't like a game.

I personaly think it looks fun, if the gameplay is going to be like the trailer then it might be fun.

You have no right to start a topic because you hate something. YOu realize that you will start a comment war, because some ppl on LTT like BFH

Have a great day!

I actually started this topic to have a discussion, and you have been one of the most hostile responses!

I actually started this topic to have a discussion, and you have been one of the most hostile responses!

And I am good at it

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

It's a game, they could start the chase because the guy stole a doughnut for all I care.

This doesn't even make sense.

Way to over exaggerate, they're definitely not worse than HL2, they're not bad at all actually. The graphics are good and the animations are fine.

The graphics (textures, trees cars) are fine, the character models and the animations are NOT. They look on par with Half-life 2.

My point is, I am sad that we have police with that much firepower to even make a game about.

It's just a game? So you are one of those people who skip dialogue and character building non fighting to rush to the next scene, because fighting is all that matters, while playing a single player game? I don't feel the same way! How hard could it be to make an excuse for that chase?

400 hours? That it?

I have like 800 in Bad Company 2 alone :/Get on my level scrub.

Also it looks alrigth to me, gonna wait for the fan feedback and reviews this time though, bitten twice by the laziness of developers on Battlefield titles.

I put the 400 hours not to show off, but to say I do play and enjoy Battlefield games, I'm not a hater from an series.

Explain?

I am kinda good at making hostile comments against somebody without using bad words but I can still get it sound very attacking.