What do You Think is the Most Dramatic Improvement that happened in Technological Field Over the Course of 5 years..

compared to technology that was available 5 years ago..

My opinion would be on  would be...

• internet speed improvement from 56kbps to 100MBps &  beta 26TBps
  • GPU & CPU Horsepower..
  • Apple designs *
  • Ram speed & capacity,
  • SSD's storage & cloud
  • Display resolution..
  • Television, Netflix
  • Social media
  • Smart wearables

rest is pretty much the same..i guess, So , what's Your opinion on it & what hasn't had a chance to change much?

*come @ me bro...

Details separate people.

Android being infinitely better than iOS

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Most dramatic improvement that happened in technological field over 5 years? Smartphones's resolution

5 years ago: 480x800: EUUUMARRRGAAAWDDD so beautiful

Now: 480x800 is bullshit, 2560x1440 or GTFO

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Smartphones definitely. Changed the way we use mobile devices. Social media is close second though. Everything else has more or less been just a performance increase.

I'd say smartphones. 

They are awesome and a huge improvement in themselves, but the amount of other techs that have popped up because of the cheap screens, trackers, lower powered CPUs etcetc is amazing.

So between how useful and how much they have changed our lives directly and indirectly, I'd say smartphones.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

• Apple designs *

Oh yeah? Did you have a barometer in your phone five years ago? No? CHECKMATE

Seriously... yup, smartphones (I guess you could classify that as mobile CPU horsepower growth) 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Whatever in the field of medicine that’s related to sight.

I’ve bad sight, and it’s my hope to one day, be able to see the darn bus nearing the stop before it’s too late.

environmental recognition.  Computer programs and processing that can recognize things like objects and voice. 

Things like Asimo and prosthesis that operate direct from brain waves.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

CPU horsepower hasn't change at all (instruction sets and efficiency only), but holy crow has GPU horsepower gone up. I remember trying to play Crysis 1 on my 8800 GTX, and getting constant 22fps.

Also cpu and gpu cooling. for chump change anyone can water cool their components with AIO's. crazy really.

SSD's another biggy.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I think, in PC terms, it has to be SSD technology and the drop in price.

The major bottle neck of any PC was the limitation of the mechanical hard drive before SSDs appeared.

Stick an SSD in a 10 year old Celery powered laptop with 1GB of RAM now and its a flying machine again.

My Rig!

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D, Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming, CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K (OC'd to 4.2Ghz), RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz, GFX: 2 x Gigabyte GTX770 OC Windforce in SLI, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i with Corsair SP120 Quiet edition fans, SSD: 2 x 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro in Raid 0, Storage: 2Tb WD Caviar Black, PSU: Corsair AX760i, Monitor: Benq XL2024T Keyboard: Corsair K70, Mouse: Razer Taipan

In consumer electronics it's definitely all about arm chips and display tech, in the grand scheme of things however it must be gpu hardware acceleration. My father 25 years ago wrote an article on using parallel processing expansion cards to make photo editing faster. It's surprising to see how the basic concept of that article still aplies to modern gpu computing even though they are billions of times faster than anything that existed 25 years ago ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

CPU horsepower hasn't change at all (instruction sets and efficiency only), but holy crow has GPU horsepower gone up. I remember trying to play Crysis 1 on my 8800 GTX, and getting constant 22fps.

Well if we consider the last 5 years there's sandy bridge to take into account, which was a massive improvement over previous architectures.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well if we consider the last 5 years there's sandy bridge to take into account, which was a massive improvement over previous architectures.

for overclocking, holy hell yes  B)

clock for clock... not so much

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Advent of digital distribution is a huge change we have yet to see its full implications.

lord-gaben.jpg

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.