Opinions about Xbox One?

This topic is for people who want to talk about the Xbox One.

I personally think they screwed it up:

I am pretty sad about what they have done.

s4rFvsn.png

Let me hear your opinions!

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

They didnt even make a gaming console this time, their making a heavily locked down weak media pc... i mean come on all the crap that thing does my pc has been able to do for years minus playing its games but im sure someone will come up with an emulator sooner or later like people always do, its just a really weak gaming pc with alot of restrictions on it.. i wont be buying one unless some really amazing exclusives come out for it

i don't mind that you can't sell used games that much but 24/7 surveillance via cam and mic is a really big problem, i don't understand how anyone would want that in their home. i will never buy one.

TV TV TV SPORTS CALL OF DUTY DOG XBOX GO HOME.

There, that's the xbox one.

They didnt even make a gaming console this time, their making a heavily locked down weak media pc... i mean come on all the crap that thing does my pc has been able to do for years minus playing its games but im sure someone will come up with an emulator sooner or later like people always do, its just a really weak gaming pc with alot of restrictions on it.. i wont be buying one unless some really amazing exclusives come out for it

Yeah, it also really upsets me that it isnt backwards compatible. Also the fact that you have to pay a fee to install a second hand game is absolute bullsh*t.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Most of the time, many xbox games come out for windows.

Most of the time, many xbox games come out for windows.

thats true but im a forza fan and that hasnt come to pc yet which is pretty much the only one i care about on xbox

I dont know why the feature where they wont let a 4th person see a movie licensed to 3 people is seen as such a big problem, a simple peice of card over part of the sensor should block out people from the camera, preventing it from detecting you

I dont know why the feature where they wont let a 4th person see a movie licensed to 3 people is seen as such a big problem, a simple peice of card over part of the sensor should block out people from the camera, preventing it from detecting you

I am pretty sure that if you block a piece of the camera, the xbox will shut down or something. Or at least stop the movie.

and than the movie stops with a warning...please clear camara...if they can count people they can see when they get tampered with :D

I am pretty sure that if you block a piece of the camera, the xbox will shut down or something. Or at least stop the movie.

thats why you only block part of the camera, so it will still be able to see some people. but not others

Based on all the confusing things that came out over the past week or so, it feels like a console catering to publishers, the NFL, and TV execs moreso than gamers.  It's like designed to punish gamers and shake up the way CONSOLE gamers play their games due to the incompetence of publishers (EA being one of them).

That said... I won't be surprised if Sony implements all these things Microsoft is trying to do as well.  

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

you forget the fact that microsoft might just block playback if you do or block use of xbox one untill unblock it.

well you could always point the device at a corner in the room where there is only one person, then everyone else can watch the tv out of its FoV anyway.

The point I'm making is its impossible unless there is a microsoft employee in your room counting how many people are there for them to detect how many people are there as you choose where abouts the kinect is facing and placed

well you could always point the device at a corner in the room where there is only one person, then everyone else can watch the tv out of its FoV anyway

Good point. But they probably will think of that too. Don't know how, but Microsoft will do anything to screw you over, maybe you are not allowed to move the Kinect sensor after you set it up for the first time. 

Good point. But they probably will think of that too. Don't know how, but Microsoft will do anything to screw you over, maybe you are not allowed to move the Kinect sensor after you set it up for the first time. 

The amount of complaints they'd get considering people may move house, set up kinect in a different room etc etc, Its not going to work

Note I'm not saying you should buy one, I think the whole Xbox one idea is trying to make you pay for features you have no desire/use for, at least the ps4 is meant for gaming(not that i'm endorsing that either, just stick to pc :D )

The amount of complaints they'd get considering people may move house, set up kinect in a different room etc etc, Its not going to work

Note I'm not saying you should buy one, I think the whole Xbox one idea is trying to make you pay for features you have no desire/use for, at least the ps4 is meant for gaming(not that i'm endorsing that either, just stick to pc :D )

They might actually do that (lock the xbox if you move the kinect) They already did so much that isn't right. They might as well f*ck it up even more.

Going abit far with that Tro.

Nayjames, the kinect is also infrared or something I believe, if you put something in front of it, it will still be able to tell how many people are in the room.

Nothing stopping you from angling it such a way that only one person is detected though and others are too the side, but would only work if you have a BIG room.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Going abit far with that Tro.

Nayjames, the kinect is also infrared or something I believe, if you put something in front of it, it will still be able to tell how many people are in the room.

Nothing stopping you from angling it such a way that only one person is detected though and others are too the side, but would only work if you have a BIG room.

Good point you got there. 

I'm still a way microsoft can spot such things in some way, as for putting picture in front of camera don't think that work either since the way kinect works aka not just with camera.

Anyway why not rather buy ps4 without this crap instead of doing stuff like blocking camera or whatever.

Yeah thats the best bet, I think most console gamers(bar cod fanboys) will get a ps4 and M$ will feel that hit and have to rethink their strategy

I actually hope the Xbox One is going to fail so hard that nobody is going to buy it and they lose a ton of money. 

They wil have hard time if their xbox one hardware is indeed slower then ps4 even if they drop all this bad decisions.

You will only notice in exclusives, cross platform games will perform similar because they arnt going to put the extra work to increase texture resolution etc for PS4 release.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Yeah, it also really upsets me that it isnt backwards compatible. Also the fact that you have to pay a fee to install a second hand game is absolute bullsh*t.

I thought the fee thing wasn't true.

Also, I don't see the huge issue with backwards compatibility. After all, the Xbox One is basically a new PC, and the Xbox 360 was an old Mac (PowerPC, I mean). How did you expect those to work together?

I actually hope the Xbox One is going to fail so hard that nobody is going to buy it and they lose a ton of money. 

Better still, EA sports are making 4 Games for xbox one, therefore EA would also lose a ton of money. Lets hope this happens, Knock those evil corporations down a few pegs :D

I thought the fee thing wasn't true.

Also, I don't see the huge issue with backwards compatibility. After all, the Xbox One is basically a new PC, and the Xbox 360 was an old Mac (PowerPC, I mean). How did you expect those to work together?

The Xbox one is not really 100% meant for gaming anymore, but if you are a Xbox 360 gamer and you have 300 games, it will suck to buy all of those again, New from the store, since you can't buy them secondhand (well, you can, but the fee is just as much as the new game so that wouldn't make any sense)