Looking For a New Set of Cans

Demolition Cowboy

I am in need of a new pair of headphones.

I want to have recommendations for -$150 and -$200 pairs. And opinions on weather it is worth the extra money for the more expensive pair.

Impedance- 32 Ohms

Style- Closed

Looks- Not Important

Comfort- Important

Length of time used- 4+ hours

Portability- Somewhat Important.

Durability- Not important if they are portable or have a hard case.

Removable Cable- Important

I listen mainly to Hard Dance and some EDM.

***Drum and Bass***

Hardstyle

Trance Techno

Progressive House

I am not a bass head, but am willing to trade a bit of extra bass for mids (such as the case of the V-Moda M-100's.) Take what I said as a reference. I am willing to compromise. If you feel you think you know of a great set of cans, but doesn't meet any of the requirements above. Post it anyway.

Thanks in Advance.

HD 558/598

ATH M50/M50X

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro, but they are 250 ohms

The M50X and The HD558/598 have removal cables

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

mdr 1r's 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Audio-Technica ATH-M50x.  You've basically described them in your description of what you want.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

Audio-Technica ATH-M50x.  You've basically described them in your description of what you want.

Are they actually comfy though?

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

dt 770? pretty nice "cans"

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Portability and comfortability usually don't go side by side. Portable usually means it's small-medium size, closed back (for noise isolating), while comfortability usually means it's kinda big (the ones that the pads don't touch the earlobes at all are the most comfortable one to me), and open back (to reduce fatigue from constant bass pressures, and improve cool air flow to the ears).

MDR-1R sounds amazing, and good portability, but I doubt it'd still be comfortable after more than 4 hours of constant use. 

I just bought them, and used Amazons new beam technology same second shipping. I then proceeded to put one end near a concert and ran a length of string to my house and to the other can. It sounds like I am really there.

Seriously though. I'm surprised the audio subforum has never heard as headphones referred to as cans.

I was just joking around, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x are good ones.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Are they actually comfy though?

I did an 8 hour mixing/recording session with the ATH-M50 (non-x) once, and found them decent.  They're not memory foam comfy, but they're good enough not to cause discomfort, even after 8 hours.  But like any closed-back headphone, you have to air out your ears every hour or so.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

No, Dont get the M50x get the M40x. The m40x make the m50x's obsolete. They look great too ;)

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

HD 558/598

ATH M50/M50X

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro, but they are 250 ohms

The M50X and The HD558/598 have removal cables

OP wanted closed headphones, which the Sennheisers and DT990's are not.

OP: impedance shouldn't have to be 32 ohms, as most headphones under 100 ohms are usually fine for portable use. Sony MDR 1R, custom one pro's are $192 right now on amazon ( http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Custom-One-Pro-Black/dp/B008XEYT48/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410954784&sr=8-1&keywords=custom+one+pro ), M40x might do the trick but I find the predecessor M50s horribly uncomfortable, and the Mx0x series don't do much better. CHC Silverado's might also be good, as they are still on for $50 on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009F4BV8C/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d14_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=1MJ7CV8FMXR1M18VKXFA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200422&pf_rd_i=507846 be aware that the cable is proprietary, so you have to get cables from CHC if you want different cables.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I'd go with the MDR 1R's. They're really comfortable and sound great. I personally found the MTH M50's to have too much of a clamping force (i do have a large head though so YMMV).

i have no idea why people are suggesting MDR 1R, that thing is light on bass
i recommend beyerdynamic custom one pro

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.